Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

Morning person or a night owl?

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun community
Morning person or a night owl?
Автор Сообщение
Faroth

СообщениеДобавлено: 09.12.2015, 11:40    Заголовок сообщения: Morning person or a night owl? Ответить с цитатой

Hi all!

How does early mornings affect your working condition? In the past I thought early mornings we're pain and I didn't get much done in first hours but nowadays it has changed, probably thanks to my past job.

Nowadays I think my best two hours are right after breakfast. Let's say I wake up at 6am, so my studying or work starts at 7. At these hours my learning process and energy levels are at it's best.

I think there's little night owl in me too, because after midnight I can relax more and my creativity is at it's peak. That's why I play guitar or write at night.

What I can see from this pattern? Brain is at it's best at mornings after good nights sleep and creativity is best when I'm little tired and so on relaxed.

What are your thoughts about this?   

Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 13.12.2015, 19:54    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Thank you for your thoughts, Ville-Pekka.

My creativity is at it's peak when I am most free of schedules. It can be in the shower, walking or when waking up early. I like to wake up and start my day early. The earlier I start, the more I get done. I don't think it is just about waking up, but also starting to work.   

Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 27.01.2016, 17:37    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I am definitely a night owl! I can work without any ill effects till 2 a.m. if I get to sleep my 8 hours next day. But if I get up before 7 a.m. I wake up at 10 a.m. anyway Smile And if I get up early and don't eat breakfast it's better not to be anywhere around me.

If we're talking about learning new things it's better to do in the morning - at 10 and till 14. Best thoughts and decision come to me after I sleep on them.   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 31.01.2016, 14:23    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I recall there was a study of when students get their best results in tests held at school. Mornings work best for most of the students, they found. Smile   
Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 01.02.2016, 13:49    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Yep, 10 am or 11 am works best for tests Smile Not 8 am.

I was asked to read lectures at a university in Check Republic and they wanted to start lectures at 8 am!!! I usually eat breakfast at this time, not start working Cool   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 04.02.2016, 18:01    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I am now learning to wake up at 5 am, because then I can exercise before breakfast. Smile

About school schedules. Children and teenagers have different natural waking rhythm, and teenagers tend to be more night-owls than kids are. Therefore high school should start later, like at 9 am, for them to learn best, I think.   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 27.02.2016, 14:48    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

There was just a new study about sleeping rhythms in different age groups. While ten year old kids tend to wake up early, before 8 am, adults are more likely to sleep until 10 am. When you turn 55, waking up early becomes natural again.
http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/shortcuts/2015/sep/09/why-you-should-start-work-at-10am-unless-youre-in-your-50s

Also, according to BBC article http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-16964783 human sleeping rhythms naturally takes a two hour brake during the night.   

Faroth

СообщениеДобавлено: 27.02.2016, 16:28    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Procyona писал(а):
There was just a new study about sleeping rhythms in different age groups. While ten year old kids tend to wake up early, before 8 am, adults are more likely to sleep until 10 am. When you turn 55, waking up early becomes natural again.
http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/shortcuts/2015/sep/09/why-you-should-start-work-at-10am-unless-youre-in-your-50s

Also, according to BBC article http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-16964783 human sleeping rhythms naturally takes a two hour brake during the night.

That's a quite interesting study.

I did work in construction industry for past 8 years and my work day started at 7am. At the beginning it was a nightmare to wake up before 6am but I kinda got used to it. It's not preferable but it's manageable, because my head doesn't quite work in full capacity that early and days start to go on in little 'slumber'. More and more at the end of the week.

I think we could also test varying morning schedules. In example if you start your day at 8am in monday, wednesday and friday and at 10am at tuesday and thursday.

I'm now studying and oh boy I enjoy my late mornings. Smile

What do you think?   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 27.02.2016, 16:37    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Thank you for the great question, Ville-Pekka.

I think no matter what your rhythm is, is best to keep it as regular as possible. When you have irregular times at waking up, you find no rhythm and a body without rhythm is a malfunctioning one. Very Happy

If you want to try different rhythms, I would suggest you keep the rhythm for at least a month and then see how you feel.   

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun community Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
Страница 1 из 1

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.