Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

Descriptive actions for wing chun blocks

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun Practice
Descriptive actions for wing chun blocks
Автор Сообщение
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 20.10.2015, 17:04    Заголовок сообщения: Descriptive actions for wing chun blocks Ответить с цитатой

Hi all on the forum,

as I am working with Siu Lim Tao, I am looking for descriptive actions for the blocks in it. For instance bong sao is just like piercing through a wall of water, and pak sao is like going through some heavy and thick row of curtains one by one.

I think this way I have a better understanding on what the blocks are for and also a way to remember them. I got this idea from a teacher of Karatedo.

Has any of you worked on something like this? How has it affected your practice? Thank you!   

Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 21.10.2015, 23:28    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Sorry, don't do anything like it. What I do - I envision my opponent in front of me and when I do a block or a punch in a form in my mind's eye I see myself doing this block or punch on my opponent. It really helps me with the flow of force Cool through my body into my arms. And it helps me do the blocks correctly.   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 26.10.2015, 21:19    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Thank you, Irene. To use the moves in Wing Chun training needs Wing Chun reasons, I guess. Very Happy

What do you mean by 'the flow of force through the body into the arms'?   

Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 09.11.2015, 17:41    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

You imagine how the force goes form your core through your limbs, into your fist and explodes in the direction of the punch. It's actually pretty obvious when you see masters posing threateningly for the camera - it's as if in the next moment they will jump out of the page and kick your a... And you can actually see when they are just standing there without any intention and therefore intensity in their stance.

So to make my workout easier I sometimes imagine as if my hands leave a trail which I can see and I punch and block as if there's someone there from whom I need to defend myself.   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 09.11.2015, 21:51    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I can imagine the way the masters move there Very Happy One can quite well read the man's intentions by the way he moves and where to!

I just began learning this flow of force you mentioned. When I relax, I can sense it better in my own moves and in my partner's as well. I feel respectful to learn such a powerful force.   

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun Practice Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
Страница 1 из 1

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.