Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

Wing Chun principles in everyday life

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun Practice
Wing Chun principles in everyday life
Автор Сообщение
Faroth

СообщениеДобавлено: 03.10.2015, 17:48    Заголовок сообщения: Wing Chun principles in everyday life Ответить с цитатой

Did some research on Wing Chun principles and decided to share them with you. They all seem pretty logical and important to me. There's probably more but these got to my eye.

If you find more please post them here. Smile

1. Relax - When we relax we use less energy. We are faster to respond to attacks and our mind is clearer and less crowded. When relaxed we are also less likely to hurt ourselfes when we fall.

2. Protect your center line - Our most vital parts are in center so it’s very important to protect those.

3. Simplicity - When something sudden and unexpected happens there’s no time to go through complicated pattern of actions, but always the most simple action is the best one to perform. Wing Chun techniques are very natural so they are simple and easy to apply.

4. Directness - Wing Chun strike takes the shortest and most direct path to target. So it’s both attack and defense in the same action. That’s the reason we are taught hits at the very beginning. Attack in fact is the best defense.

5. Go to the blind side - when we move to blind side we have more space to land our hits and are less likely to get hit ourselfes.

6. One movement - Nobody is waiting, so it’s important to move all the time. When we move we are doing something and are not opening up for attacks.

7. Minimum use of brute strength - Wing Chun system allows smaller exponents to easily overcome bigger and stronger attackers. Wing chun exponent strives to relax and maximise the amount of body weight in their strikes, instead of tensing up and holding their weight back.

8. Practicality - No theatrical movement. Wing Chun is about efficiency and thus can be used in any situation.

9. Watch elbows and knees - Incoming strike shows in elbow or knee before it shows in anywhere else.

10. Believe in yourself - If you don’t believe you can win you probably don’t.

I think it could be neat for everyone to pick one principle and tell the rest of us how it could be used in everyday life. The principle you pick doesn't have to be from my list, these are just examples.

My pick is Practicality. I'm a very practical guy and I believe in learning from doing. The faster we get in the doing part the more efficient we are. In example this shows in my teaching methods. I wan't to involve the person I'm teaching in task as fast as possible.   

Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 05.10.2015, 20:21    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Thank you for the list and the challenge, Ville-Pekka.

From the list 'the minimal use of brute strength' is my choice. Be it Wing Chun or writing, I cannot force things to be what they are not. I keep my goal in front of me and my dear tools ready for action. When I trust in my being, I do not need to use any force.   

Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun Practice Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
Страница 1 из 1

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.