Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

Health benefits of Traditional Wing Chun Kung Fu training

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun Practice
Health benefits of Traditional Wing Chun Kung Fu training
Автор Сообщение
Faroth

СообщениеДобавлено: 20.09.2015, 11:52    Заголовок сообщения: Health benefits of Traditional Wing Chun Kung Fu training Ответить с цитатой

Hi all,

found this article about health benefits of Traditional Wing Chun Kung Fu training and thought you could also be interested to read it.

I have noticed some benefits within the year of training. Most noticeable I'm more relaxed at situations that are new to me. Hand and leg coordination are also more precise and work together more.

There's nice examples of benefits and what to train to achieve them.

Here's link to article:

http://www.mainewingchunkungfu.com/article1.htm

Tip: There's more articles from the same author in here:

http://www.mainewingchunkungfu.com/articles.htm   

Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 21.09.2015, 23:01    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

If we're talking about health benefits I'd say

1. I got much healthier - illnesses which would put me out of order for at least a week before I started practicing WC now last few days without temperature and such.

2. I fall ill less frequently Smile

3. My chronic diseases don't bother me at all, which is really great!

4. It's easier to undergo any kind of physical activity - my muscles are stronger (including my heart)

So all in all any kind of continuous exercise is very good for one's health and Wing Chun is not an exception from the rule.   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 25.09.2015, 19:57    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Good topic Ville-Pekka. Thank you for the article as well.

Most of my Wing Chun health benefits come from awareness. Being aware of what I do affects my choices in life. When I can choose I tend to go for healthier alternatives than before.

Also when I am more aware of just what I do, my mind is free and body is free, and they consume less energy. I worry less and have a good amount of energy for work.   

Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 25.09.2015, 23:47    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Procyona писал(а):
I worry less and have a good amount of energy for work.

This is so true - worrying about things you can't change makes you more irritated, preoccupied, distracted and so on. And these leads to health issues and bad karma Smile   

Сифу Юрий Марченко
Sihing

СообщениеДобавлено: 26.09.2015, 15:40    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Personal experience is the best one. That is great to hear that from people practicing Wing Chun. I would like to add the effectiveness for health of everyday forms practice, especially Si Lim Tao is really the way to improve self discipline, self confidence and as result - the personal state of health. I can share it from my personal experience: during my first few years of WIng Chun practice Iwas doing SLT often, but not every day. Now I practice every morning, that doesn't take so much time, but brings a lot of benefits for all day activities.   
Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 26.09.2015, 18:55    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I thought of one more beneficial thing - I started to drink water Smile Before I joined Academy I didn't drink it all that often - mostly tea. And now I enjoy drinking water.   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 28.09.2015, 20:42    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Gra-ach писал(а):
I thought of one more beneficial thing - I started to drink water Smile Before I joined Academy I didn't drink it all that often - mostly tea. And now I enjoy drinking water.

If training without a water bottle. You only make that error once. Very Happy   

Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 28.09.2015, 23:42    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Procyona писал(а):
Gra-ach писал(а):

Believe me, sometimes it's not a problem Wink   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 30.09.2015, 20:17    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Gra-ach писал(а):
Procyona писал(а):
Gra-ach писал(а):

Believe me, sometimes it's not a problem Wink

Maybe so, but you never know when that sometimes is. Smile   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 13.10.2015, 14:37    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Gra-ach писал(а):
If we're talking about health benefits I'd say

1. I got much healthier - illnesses which would put me out of order for at least a week before I started practicing WC now last few days without temperature and such.

2. I fall ill less frequently Smile

3. My chronic diseases don't bother me at all, which is really great!

I was diagnosed with a chronical disease one year ago. I don't know if it is because of Wing Chun, but the disease does not usually bother me at all. Sometimes I even forget that I have it.
But, when I know I can choose my thoughts and actions, I tend to go for those that keep me healthier and more enthusiastic.   

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun Practice Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
Страница 1 из 1

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.