Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

Following your passion and widening your passions

На страницу 1, 2  След.
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Personal growth
Following your passion and widening your passions
Автор Сообщение
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 28.08.2015, 12:51    Заголовок сообщения: Following your passion and widening your passions Ответить с цитатой

Hi all friends of the forum!

While studying, I came across this idea about widening your passions instead just following them. What do you think about this concept and what does it mean to you? Thank you!

I can relate to widening my passion because at first I thought I was most definitely become a cool natural scientist. After I graduated and got the degree, however, I had a sincere passion for writing poems, even though I had not written or even read poems much. I realized that I could say much more with writing than with science (no matter how cool it was) and decided to make writing my profession instead.

Changing career so swiftly doesn't mean I say goodbye to science for good. I believe I can easily combine those two in my work. To me combining different things means I see my work from a wider perspective and make it unique.   

Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
vmashchenko

СообщениеДобавлено: 01.09.2015, 02:59    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Good last point!

As someone said we are very successful and unique in a cross of our strength. What we like to do and do best.   

vmashchenko

СообщениеДобавлено: 01.09.2015, 03:00    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "widening" of passion.   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 03.09.2015, 15:20    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I say widen as to make broader. Like if you were looking out of a small window on the wall and see only a tree. You make the window bigger and see the environment of the tree: other trees, grass, sky, bird nests and so on.   
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 15.09.2015, 20:06    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Why widen and not narrow and focus instead, Milla?   
https://www.facebook.com/TraditionalWingChunOulu   
vmashchenko

СообщениеДобавлено: 18.09.2015, 11:24    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Yeah, I'm also think that widening passion looks like widening focus but in such case action won't be so strong to achieve goals. That's why teachers recommend to be laser focused, do one thing, do it as best as you can and be passionated about it.   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 21.09.2015, 20:50    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I think there are different cases where widening the focus matters. If you have come to the end of the road on one way and it did not lead to your passion, widening the focus (and the passions) can be very helpful.

But it is also a good point about making the passion/view to focus again after that. Choosing a new focus can sometimes take a while. Very Happy

When do you know you have found your passion then? For me, it is something I cannot live without: that I return to over and over even if I am not doing it for some time.   

vmashchenko

СообщениеДобавлено: 27.09.2015, 07:01    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I think passion is not what we can not live without. We can not live without oxygen, food and water,

I think passion is what we want to do more and more, just because love to do it, that adds energy into us, that makes us alive, makes us forgetting of other things, people, activities.   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 02.10.2015, 16:48    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

vmashchenko писал(а):
I think passion is what we want to do more and more, just because love to do it, that adds energy into us, that makes us alive, makes us forgetting of other things, people, activities.

Yes, and sometimes you forget to eat and drink or sleep too. Very Happy

A tremendous power indeed. A good reason why you should not take passions lightly. If you are going for it, it can consume you, and if you are not going for it, you are pushing against it.

You need to manage your passion. Sometimes you need to make the flame of passion grow larger, sometimes smaller, but never let it burn out or vanish.   

vmashchenko

СообщениеДобавлено: 03.10.2015, 01:47    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Yes,

Following our passions unleash the huge amount of our inner energy... maybe it's not inner only, maybe it helps to generate or it attracts universe energy into our body, I still do not know.

Actually, I'm really focused now on finding ways to increase energy level. Our energy is everything. With energy we can accomplish everything in life.   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 07.10.2015, 16:21    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

For me, following my passion sometimes makes me so excited that I have too much energy to work with. I am looking for energy balance, a way to balance both low and high ends of energy.

Have you found good ways to balance or increase energy level? For me, exercising is a good way to renew energy. I run, walk or do push-ups to move energy in the whole body.   

vmashchenko

СообщениеДобавлено: 08.10.2015, 00:12    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Yes, actions you mentioned work well for me as well to increase energy level!

What do you mean by high and low ends of energy? And what does balance mean?   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 08.10.2015, 20:17    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

High end means I collect more energy than I use in work, and low energy means I do not have any energy to work, but need to rest.

Balance means I return my energy back to working state very soon whenever I rest. When in balance, I can change between working and relaxing, while I am fluently moving toward what I work on.   

vmashchenko

СообщениеДобавлено: 09.10.2015, 00:56    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Actually I see energy in different way.

Person looks like a battery and each of us has constant level of how it's charged. Some people 30%, some 70%, some 90%. It's constant. And depend on person life and activities. Some more energized, some one less.

And during the day energy level decreases. For example if each morning person has 50%, at the end of a day he can have 10-20%, other days - even 30-40% (on weekend).

But sometimes some persons can collect energy during the day and if your standard energy level is 50%, you can have at the end of a day 55% - for example if you had positive emotion througthout the day.   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 10.10.2015, 15:19    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Thing energy as the power in a battery is a great metaphor vmashchenko. You can always reload the batteries if you want! Very Happy

Since we last discussed, my view about energy has changed. Now I think that there is a balance, but the state of balance comes from the flow of energy. When I have a high energy level I need to use the energy for something. I can give energy to work, commuting, sharing.

I think energy is like water in a cup. Somewhere we might have holes that prevent the energy to stay in the cup. And you have to rotate and change the water, to keep it fresh.   

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Personal growth Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
На страницу 1, 2  След.
Страница 1 из 2

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.