Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

What are eating and drinking?

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Personal growth
What are eating and drinking?
Автор Сообщение
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 21.06.2015, 14:55    Заголовок сообщения: What are eating and drinking? Ответить с цитатой

Even though it sounds very simple people have different reasons to eat and drink. Why do you eat, why do you drink, what does it mean to you? Thank you in advance!

For me eating is a way to give my body and mind tools to maintain and built new structures. I can also keep myself a bit hungry for more. When there is some room left to fill, I am more present to create.

Drinking means I get myself liquids that are needed to keep me warm, to maintain energy transfers and to filter unwanted products away. I need liquids constantly to keep my insides in balance.   

Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Faroth

СообщениеДобавлено: 22.06.2015, 21:45    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Thank you for the topic Milla!

Good question indeed.

For me eating is way to give my body and mind fuel for tasks that need it. Physical work demands good food to keep me up and mind needs some chocolate or junk food now and then.

Drinking on the other hand is to water my body to keep it up. I drink lots of coffee too, which is not necessarily needed but it revives my body at morning and during the day.   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 25.06.2015, 19:11    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Thank you Ville-Pekka. Interesting point about junk food and chocolate! How do you define junk food and how does mind use it? Thank you very much!

Also, why do you think coffee is not necessary, if you drink it? Cool   

Faroth

СообщениеДобавлено: 26.06.2015, 17:30    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Procyona писал(а):
Thank you Ville-Pekka. Interesting point about junk food and chocolate! How do you define junk food and how does mind use it? Thank you very much!

Also, why do you think coffee is not necessary, if you drink it? Cool

Thank you Milla for asking. Junk food for me is mostly fast food; pizzas, hamburgers or similar. They have lots of stuff that I don't necessarily need, but they are easy to eat and hard to digest. When eaten rarely pizza or hamburger tastes good and gives satisfaction to my mind. Smile

How do you define junk food?

Coffee is something I like a a lot, but it's also something I could definitely live without if I so desire. Fortunately I don't have to live without it so I can keep enjoying my coffee.

Do you eat or drink something you don't necessarily need, but still like to keep enjoying it?   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 27.06.2015, 20:25    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Junk food produces more junk in my system than nutritions for growth. Cool

I would not separate enjoy and what you need. Sometimes you need enjoyment, and you can get that from many sources.   

vmashchenko

СообщениеДобавлено: 07.08.2015, 00:55    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Цитата:
I would not separate enjoy and what you need. Sometimes you need enjoyment, and you can get that from many sources.

I would say we want enjoyment almost all time Smile
And there are a lot of enjoyment around us.

As Tony Robbins says: there are two forces that control us - enjoyment and pain. We want more enjoyment and escape from pain.

People who eat a lot of junk food do that for one of those reasons or two reasons together.   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 08.08.2015, 15:03    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Thank you for pointing that out vmashchenko!

I would say it's better to go for things because you enjoy them, not because you escape a pain. The person himself knows which of the two forces - enjoyment or pain - he follows when eating junk food.   

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Personal growth Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
Страница 1 из 1

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.