Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

So painful, but still keep going.

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Personal growth
So painful, but still keep going.
Автор Сообщение
Faroth

СообщениеДобавлено: 28.04.2015, 13:17    Заголовок сообщения: So painful, but still keep going. Ответить с цитатой

Dear forum participants,

Sometime ago I bought this interesting looking bag of potato chips. There was some warning signs in the bag about them being very hot and spicy with habanero chili flavor.
I'm a bit of chili head myself so I didn't let it bother me so much.

The initial bite was so crunchy and spices with burn of habanero had a good tingly spring party in my mouth. The burn was something really strong and it just kept getting worse and worse.
Yet still, I kept on eating, ate almost whole bag with a one go.

Because, after all they were so good that little burning sensation didn't keep me away from eating.

This got me thinking, have you had same kind of feeling while doing something in your life? Probably so.

The potato chips were: Blair's Death Rain Habanero Chips, if someone likes to buy a bag. Wink   

Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 30.04.2015, 20:34    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Thank you for the topic Ville-Pekka. Every time I practice wing chun or go running there is this edge to stop. I still go on, because I gain so much in the end. Pain is part of the process, until I relax. Smile   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 01.05.2015, 11:54    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Also, people rather go for preventing pain than feeling pleasure. If you feel both, the pleasure is usually greater than the pain so you feel motivated to go on with it.   
Faroth

СообщениеДобавлено: 02.05.2015, 12:43    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Procyona писал(а):
Thank you for the topic Ville-Pekka. Every time I practice wing chun or go running there is this edge to stop. I still go on, because I gain so much in the end. Pain is part of the process, until I relax. Smile

What kind of pain is that you are talking about? Physical or mental?

For me training with physical pain is usually a no-go. It's a signal of training too much or doing things wrong. For example, I have this problem with shoulders while training wing chun. It usually comes out when training center line and forcing my hands too much. I'm feeling this numbness and pain in shoulders and biceps, then I know I'm doing too much and should ease a little bit. The pain and numbness usually goes away right after that. But in the end it's up to individual to know her's/hes limits on pain, what can be sustained and what cannot.

Mental barriers on the other hand are quite a different story. To me they are usually motivation related. I feel like I have done enough for a day and have permission to skip training. Sometimes I feel like I'm too busy to train. That's not usually the case, but to overcome this it can feel quite an achievement.   

Последний раз редактировалось: Faroth (02.05.2015, 19:36), всего редактировалось 1 раз
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 02.05.2015, 17:48    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Thank you for asking Ville-Pekka. Pain is both physical and mental, and what I feel in my body I feel in mind and vice versa Wink

Mental barriers work the same way as physicals I believe. You can go much further than you think and then notice you don't need to feel pain in neither mind nor in body.   

Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 31.05.2015, 17:24    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Great discussion! Laughing Why don't we define "pain" to know what each of us is talking about?
For me, pain is a reaction to an action or a set of actions I have done against my natural ways of being.   

https://www.facebook.com/TraditionalWingChunOulu   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 02.06.2015, 20:51    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Thank you Tetyana, good point there! Smile

For me pain is my body's signs that guides me back to balance.   

Faroth

СообщениеДобавлено: 26.06.2015, 17:40    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Pain for me is sign that I should listen to myself.   
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Personal growth Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
Страница 1 из 1

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.