Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

Relaxing without physical exercises

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Personal growth
Relaxing without physical exercises
Автор Сообщение
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 28.02.2015, 09:37    Заголовок сообщения: Relaxing without physical exercises Ответить с цитатой

Hi all,

relaxing with exercises is one thing, but sometimes you cannot do physical exercises to relax. What do you then?

For me, there are many phrases I think over and over to relax. Keeping it up, I can teach myself to think how I want.
Especially repeating notions that keep me in this moment are very helpful.

How do you relax when you cannot do physical exercises? Thank you!   

Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Faroth

СообщениеДобавлено: 28.02.2015, 10:38    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Thank you for the topic Milla!

Exercises and to be precise running is best tool to relax, with some great music in earphones, but if I cannot do that playing guitar,
listening to music, playing computer games and watching some TV-shows have almost same effect. Being strongest with playing guitar of course.

Warm drinks, coffee and tea also have relaxing effect to me. Maybe it's the warmth that soothes mind and body?

I'm Finnish, so many times I'm relaxing by going to Sauna.

Some rare moments when I cannot have any of those listed above and only have my mind with me I'm also repeating some phrases that are soothing to me.   

Артем Лысенко
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 28.02.2015, 22:12    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Hi every one. Take a note, whatever you would mention about relaxing methods will 99% about physical impact on ones body. External, just like with sauna example (by changing the temperature pressure), or internal - physical movement.
So, by speaking of relaxation in situation where you cannot affod yourself extensive movements (important meeting or else) two things we can apply anytime are brithing (just pay attantion on it to make it constant with minimal distance bertween breath and exhalation) and retracting too much tension in our body. It works best!
When we speak about thinking, without doing any movement except one's toughts. The one should give clear order to his mind to relax the body (You can relax the whole You or separate parts of yours)   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 02.03.2015, 13:22    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Thank you Ville-Pekka and Кот.

Sometimes it's external environment that can be altered for relaxation (like take a sauna or a walk to let the tension go),
or that the internal environment is changes. But the latter is more effective, because sometimes you cannot change your
environment, but you can change your thoughts (and your breathing).   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 18.03.2015, 17:32    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

There is also one more thing: When I allow myself be vulnerable, I don't have to use energy for defending myself or my actions. When I do not use energy for that, I can relax much more easy and concentrate on the things that matter, like actually relaxing and breathing.   
Faroth

СообщениеДобавлено: 01.04.2015, 12:56    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Allowing yourself to be vulnerable is form of good self-confidence and having that is making one being more relaxed. You know you can handle everything what's coming to you.   
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Personal growth Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
Страница 1 из 1

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.