Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

Traits of successful people

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Personal growth
Traits of successful people
Автор Сообщение
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 23.02.2015, 17:39    Заголовок сообщения: Traits of successful people Ответить с цитатой

Dear all,

what do think makes someone successful person and some other unseccessful? What are the trait you follow?
Thank you!

For me, I need to check my prioroties very often to remind myself of what I am doing. The other important thing is
to give and create with what I get. I need to write, I need to share information and stories I find. I have also recently
worked on how much I should know about history and the events that happen right now, to be complitely present in today.

Here is also a picture that has one view to it. (Notice that all those things are small daily actions Very Happy )   

Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Faroth

СообщениеДобавлено: 01.04.2015, 12:33    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

There's good points in picture above.

-Share information and data. Share information with people and they share information with you.

-Talk about ideas. Sometimes talking about idea makes you more connected to idea and the people you're talking with most likely has a good opinions.

-Reading is good way to get more information.

Sharing is probably the most important factor. Share your feelings, work, know-how, stories and whatnot. You get what you give.   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 03.04.2015, 17:51    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Thank you Ville-Pekka. I think that reading a great way to activate your own thinking as well. When you watch TV, you are just mostly shown how someone else thinks. Depends of what you watch, of course.   
Faroth

СообщениеДобавлено: 04.04.2015, 10:27    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Gaming is also good way to activate own thinking. Good way to train reflexes and some games have nice puzzles to keep brain active. Games also have need to make long term plans. MMORPG:s and some roleplaying games come to mind first. This probably helps planning in real life too.   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 06.04.2015, 13:39    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Shooting games probably too, where you need to have fast reflexes and multitask with your equipment and the environment.   
Faroth

СообщениеДобавлено: 06.04.2015, 17:02    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

You're right about shooting games. And while needing fast reflexes they also need lots of team work, planning and strategic coordination. Most of games today are multiplayer after all.   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 16.04.2015, 10:25    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Games - a great way to explore social connections nowadays. Smile

I think both multiplay and single play games have their porposes for learning and selfgrowth, and you have to concentrate on different aspects of the game when playing alone than playing with a group. But still, a fast decision making process is same with both single play or multiplay shooting games.

Coming back to the topic, I do not think that gaming is a trait a successful person needs, though.   

Faroth

СообщениеДобавлено: 18.04.2015, 07:42    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

This video might be a bit humouristic, but I think it has some good and valid points too. Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFwABGsXDN8

But it's not necessarily gaming which is a good trait, but it's what do you gain from gaming and how do you use those skills in real life scenarios.   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 18.04.2015, 09:34    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Great video. Very Happy Thank you Ville-Pekka. Another example on how gaming or game play can help to gain abilities is super better.

https://www.superbetter.com/

Like they say on their website:
Цитата:
SuperBetter helps you achieve your health goals — or recover from an illness or injury — by increasing your personal resilience. Resilience means staying curious, optimistic and motivated even in the face of the toughest challenges.

Here is a talk about how this game came to be. At least to me it was interesting and insightful. Smile

http://www.ted.com/talks/jane_mcgonigal_the_game_that_can_give_you_10_extra_years_of_life   

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Personal growth Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
Страница 1 из 1

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.