Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

Personal code of honor

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Personal growth
Personal code of honor
Автор Сообщение
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 01.01.2015, 12:46    Заголовок сообщения: Personal code of honor Ответить с цитатой

Do you have a personal code of honor? How you stay true to it, and what do you do when you cannot? Thank you!

I take honor on public cleanness. So when ever I see a plastic bag or empty ice cream package, I want to pick it up
and see it goes to some trashcan. Sometimes I cannot do this however, and then I need to reason myself why I cannot.
I think staying true to my code of honor is very important to me feeling good about myself, so I want to send those
rubbish to trash when ever possible. If I need to work on excuses, it's a good indication that I am going against my code.   

Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 09.01.2015, 10:41    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I think everyone has personal code of honor, and it has to do with values. If you realize your values, you can see how far your code of honor goes. There usually are some boundaries which you do not cross. When you do, it probably means that either the values were not honestly understood or it's the time when some values got changed. It's all about our choice and decisions, and actions based on these.   
https://www.facebook.com/TraditionalWingChunOulu   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 17.01.2015, 17:41    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Thank you Tetyana. I think the honor code is based on values, too. Either you follow your values with honor, or then not.

Now that you say it, making the personal honor code visible as a set of rules and actions would be a good way to study your own values.
Then you notice if the values work with the code or not and what you are actually following.

The samurai codes, scouts codes and other similar codes are not just for a group either, I think. In actions a code can mean different
things, so the code is different from person to person.   

Olexandr

СообщениеДобавлено: 28.01.2015, 01:00    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Once I read book "7 habits of successful people" decided to develop own values system and in the end of the year review it and improve. When there are situations that are hard to choose what to do I open my list of values (and priorities) and they help me to make decision.

Even so we are all humans and we make some decisions based on emotions and feelings and not on values. Sometimes it happens for good and sometimes not.   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 28.01.2015, 21:24    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Thank you Olexandr. I think it's good to learn from decisions based on feelings.
Then I know how much a value has grown into me, and how much I need to work on it.   

vmashchenko

СообщениеДобавлено: 31.03.2015, 22:43    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I think it's better to control emotions to make better decisions.
Better decisions = better life.

"Personal code of honor" is a rules set (our beliefs) based on our values. I think.   

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Personal growth Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
Страница 1 из 1

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.