Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

Applying and developing a skill

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Personal growth
Applying and developing a skill
Автор Сообщение
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 29.11.2014, 19:00    Заголовок сообщения: Applying and developing a skill Ответить с цитатой

You know that when you have learned something very well, you can apply the skill. And when you learn the a skill even better, you can develop it further.

What are your ideas of the matter? Are there other steps to learning? Thank you!

To my mind, I am not so good in anything that I could develop something new. I think that the skill needs to be very high, like a mastery level. Applying
then can happen almost at any level, at least for me. I think there is a mindset for applying, that you need to look for more options to use the skill.

The other things to learning is be aware of what you know, and look for things that you don't, make the knowledge to active skill, and use the skill.   

Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 06.12.2014, 00:43    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

A person acts naturally when relaxed. So I think one of the most important skills is relaxation through awareness. This means knowing why, how and what to do in order to relax. All other skills can be nicely build on this, I think Cool because when I am relaxed, I can use the skills I have to the best.   
https://www.facebook.com/TraditionalWingChunOulu   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 06.12.2014, 22:03    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I agree with you, Tetyana. Smile
In addition, I also need to let go of ego to be able to see more than I have decided to see.   

Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 09.01.2015, 11:01    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Hm, I don't know if it is possible to let go of ego. It's impossible to let go of fears at least. It is possible to learn to work with them, and do stuff scared or not. Why do you want to get rid of ego, Milla?   
https://www.facebook.com/TraditionalWingChunOulu   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 12.01.2015, 19:56    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I would not say I want to get rid of ego, but to let it go. To me it means I am not clinging to it, but finding ways to be myself without this attachment to slow me down Very Happy   
vmashchenko

СообщениеДобавлено: 31.03.2015, 23:17    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

The more we practice the more skilled we are at it.

I think everyone of us is a master of at least one thing.   

Faroth

СообщениеДобавлено: 01.04.2015, 12:05    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Agree on skill and relaxation. Most mistakes in work comes when we are stressed and not as relaxed as we should be at the level of skill we have.

Friend of mine told me that basics of every martial arts is self-confidence and knowing what you can do. This principle can transformed in almost everything.   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 02.04.2015, 19:00    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Well, I have practiced tying shoes almost 25 years, but am not master in it. I think mastering a skill also needs more variety in what you do, like many different kinds of shoe tying techniques. Very Happy   
Faroth

СообщениеДобавлено: 04.04.2015, 10:32    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Mastering shoe tying probably needs more than repeating the pattern someone else showed you. Maybe there is a new and better way to tie those shoes, maybe there is not. Maybe we shouldn't tie those shoes in the first place, maybe we don't even need shoes.   
vmashchenko

СообщениеДобавлено: 22.04.2015, 23:01    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

>> Well, I have practiced tying shoes almost 25 years, but am not master in it

Why you think you are not master?   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 26.04.2015, 08:25    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Thank you for asking vmashchenko. Being a master in something means I can use the skill in many ways, maybe make art of it.

I am not a master in shoe tying because I have not done it with enough variety. I have not studied the best strings or the best patterns to use. When I only use it for one purpose, in one way, and that is the only way I know how.   

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Personal growth Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
Страница 1 из 1

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.