Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

How to prevent bullying at school?

На страницу Пред.  1, 2, 3  След.
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun community
How to prevent bullying at school?
Автор Сообщение
Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 17.10.2014, 17:09    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Художник писал(а):
Tanya, video shows fear against violence, i think

I don't think it's fear. If you're sure of yourself (and theoretically they are aiming at kids being sure of themselves) you're not afraid because you know how to act. Or you're prepared to act and you already think what you're going to do.   

Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 18.10.2014, 19:52    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Haveunique писал(а):
Milla, do you remember what happened here at the
university at our presentation? What did you do? What would you do in this
situation nowadays? If it is just talk about abstract matters, it doesn't matter,
our actions show everything.

Yes I do, and I am ashamed that when that guy came, I was ready to fight as
much as I had to, but was unable to move for the fear.

You are right about abstract matters: Nowadays, I don't know what I would do.
I seriously have no idea.   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 18.10.2014, 19:55    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Gra-ach писал(а):
And talking about any kind of provocation, SiFu told me during his last visit: if a person manages to get any emotion form you, then you're a goner - you can't think clearly, you can't act in timely manner, you can't come up with any kind of intelligent responce to the situation. And this other person is controlling you. If you can turn the tables and get your "attacker" emotional, then you're the winner.

And it's correct not only in hand-to-hand but in speach-to-speach as well.

This is what my little brother calls being served. Very Happy It means that the one that
gets emotional, or cannot return a response when talking is served. I don't know
what it means, though.   

Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 20.10.2014, 23:06    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

When I started reading your post I was so looking forward to getting to the explanation of the phrase Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Anyways, at some point in life I made it my goal to always be able to provide a cheeky answer to any "stupid" question or remark sent my way Cool   

Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 31.10.2014, 17:21    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Girls, apparently something is missing in our "chemical makeup" Smile I raised this question at the last meeting with SiFu and all boys, including SiFu, said that the "fight back until a bully ceases" approach is the best course of action. And they couldn't even think of any other way to solve the situation.   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 02.11.2014, 21:20    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Very Happy there are as many approaches as people, and each choose the approach
suitable for them, I think.

I don't know if I can say that boys will be boys, but seeing how my little brother
literally flies with his motorcycle, I think he at least is, and needs to be so. Even
thought it makes my heart sink sometimes.   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 02.11.2014, 21:28    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Gra-ach писал(а):
Anyways, at some point in life I made it my goal to always be able to provide a cheeky answer to any "stupid" question or remark sent my way Cool

Been there done that. Very Happy But actually being literal with my answers, disregarding emotional remarks, makes it more simple and easy.   

Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 02.11.2014, 23:43    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Художник писал(а):
Tanya, video shows fear against violence, i think
Is there a difference?   
https://www.facebook.com/TraditionalWingChunOulu   
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 02.11.2014, 23:47    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Gra-ach писал(а):
And talking about any kind of provocation, SiFu told me during his last visit: if a person manages to get any emotion form you, then you're a goner - you can't think clearly, you can't act in timely manner, you can't come up with any kind of intelligent responce to the situation. And this other person is controlling you. If you can turn the tables and get your "attacker" emotional, then you're the winner. And it's correct not only in hand-to-hand but in speach-to-speach as well.

Everyday life this is Very Happy Anytime anyone gets more emotional than the other person, things start going towards uncontrolled actions. The coolest part is the interpretation of own emotions - shame, guilt, and everything else that's in store... I've been learning just to get over it and maybe thing about it later when the emotions are gone. And another thing... if there is no need to act while being emotional - it's better not to.   

Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 02.11.2014, 23:48    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Gra-ach писал(а):
Girls, apparently something is missing in our "chemical makeup" Smile I raised this question at the last meeting with SiFu and all boys, including SiFu, said that the "fight back until a bully ceases" approach is the best course of action. And they couldn't even think of any other way to solve the situation.

Sounds like a man's world? How do you imagine women fighting against a bully? I mean, of course there can be kicks and punches, but isn't that a last resort of us women? Cool   

Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 13.11.2014, 11:27    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Ignoring Smile or using brains Cool

And if it gets violent then yes - long hair is an excellent lever Cool Cool Cool   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 13.11.2014, 21:06    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Haveunique писал(а):
Gra-ach писал(а):
And talking about any kind of provocation, SiFu told me during his last visit: if a person manages to get any emotion form you, then you're a goner - you can't think clearly, you can't act in timely manner, you can't come up with any kind of intelligent responce to the situation. And this other person is controlling you. If you can turn the tables and get your "attacker" emotional, then you're the winner. And it's correct not only in hand-to-hand but in speach-to-speach as well.

Everyday life this is Very Happy Anytime anyone gets more emotional than the other person, things start going towards uncontrolled actions. The coolest part is the interpretation of own emotions - shame, guilt, and everything else that's in store... I've been learning just to get over it and maybe thing about it later when the emotions are gone. And another thing... if there is no need to act while being emotional - it's better not to.

Yes, and when you are aware of the affects of other person's remarks and actions
it is a continuous war of manipulation, and staying yourself. One way to question
the emotion on the moment it comes is to identify the situation that arises the
emotions and ask five questions:
1. what am I afraid of?
2. what is the worst that can happen?
3. what is the best that can happen?
4. How to avoid the worst, and reach the best?
5. What is the next action?
of course, this helps only if you have time to think.   

Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 13.11.2014, 23:10    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

And if you don't have time to think, Milla?   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 14.11.2014, 20:58    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Haveunique писал(а):
And if you don't have time to think, Milla?

Being aware of the situation, then do just what you feel right to let the emotion go.
The main thing is to act somehow, and not stay in the emotion.   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 15.12.2014, 21:48    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Haveunique писал(а):
Gra-ach писал(а):

Sounds like a man's world? How do you imagine women fighting against a bully? I mean, of course there can be kicks and punches, but isn't that a last resort of us women? Cool

In my opinion it depends how you are built. Not all women are small, and then the size itself can be intimidating Smile

Don't using fists use brain too, Irene?   

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun community Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
На страницу Пред.  1, 2, 3  След.
Страница 2 из 3

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.