Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

Stories

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun community
Stories
Автор Сообщение
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 30.07.2014, 21:42    Заголовок сообщения: Stories Ответить с цитатой

As we have a topic of poems, films and articles, why not stories. Please feel free to both post stories, and to discuss about particular stories, and stories in general.

This particular story is a reminder for myself Smile

The seventh duckling of the lake

Once upon a time there was a family of ducks: a mother and her seven fine ducklings. The mother was very careful to take care of her young, and after they had learned to swim, she took them across the lake. There she introduced the ducklings to everything there was to tell of the lake, how to get fed, what animals to be in a good distance from and where to take shade in the hot summer days.

Once they had been listening their mother's teaching a few days, one of the ducklings got bored, and thought to himself: "I know so much already, so I am ready to live on my own. I don't need anyone to teach me any more!" And so he left the ducklings and his mother, and even as careful as his mother was, she did not notice because she scarcely knew how to count to six.

The seventh duckling did fare well in the lake. He knew how to get fed, what animals to be in a good distance of and where to take shade in the hot summer days. Sometimes he saw his family going by, her mother teaching the rest, and sneered. In his mind he was certainly better of than his siblings, who were still learning all those basic things. Sometimes they even tried to ran on the water, which was just stupid of them. But he knew how to handle himself all by himself.

But when the summer came to an end, the seventh duckling noticed there was not as much to get fed on, not as much hot summer days to take shade in, and not even as much of animals to be in a good distance from. The summer was turning to winter, but he did not know this, because even though he had followed his siblings and her mother from a distance, he had not heard his mothers teaching of the seasons.

Now the seventh duckling got scared, because he did not know what to do, and he went to shadow his siblings for help. He saw all six on them taking shelter in the bushes beside the shore, and hid himself behind one of them, as he did not want to be seen. There he heard them speak to one another, about all the things they had learned, and how their mother was so wise of the world, even if she scarcely knew how to count beyond six, and therefore could not teach them math.

Now the seventh duckling listened carefully, and learned many things of the lake, about the seasons and their circle, and about a journey that was soon to come. The seventh duckling became curious of the journey, so he thought: "I am as well educated as my brothers and sisters, and have proudly lived on my own, while they have not. Should I not be allowed on this journey, too?"

Deciding this he approached his siblings and his mother on the morning when the journey was set to begin. To his great pleasure they all recognized him and were amazed how well he knew everything of the lake the same way they did. Her mother especially was grateful to have her son back, and now promised to herself to never leave him out of her sight again.

The six ducklings and their mother gladly accepted that the seventh duckling could join them on the journey. They were in a hurry, however, so they needed to start going the very same instant. "Where are we going, then?" asked the seventh duckling, as he was sure he knew all the best places of the lake "To the soft mud district? To the whirls of the river, or the sand in the east?"

"To far south we are flying. Fly with us, brother, hurry," said each of his siblings as they took some steps and rose to the air on spread wings. Like this each of the ducklings rose with their mother from the shore and took of, all but the seventh. He could not fly, he had never learned how to lift his body like his siblings on their run on water. And no one noticed they had left him behind as their mother, and all of her young scarcely knew how to count to six.   

Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 22.08.2014, 19:44    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Great story, Milla, deep and very touching. How self-reflective, also Smile Experience always beats the knowledge, it seems Razz   
https://www.facebook.com/TraditionalWingChunOulu   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 24.08.2014, 10:21    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Thank you Smile Experience beats knowledge, and can only be gained when you are open for the learning process.   
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 27.08.2014, 13:30    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

And not only, experience means doing.   
https://www.facebook.com/TraditionalWingChunOulu   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 28.08.2014, 18:00    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

True point Smile   
Faroth

СообщениеДобавлено: 28.04.2015, 10:52    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Thank you Milla. Very touching story which had a good lessons to be learned.

Got me thinking of experience we people need to 'survive' in society?

Communication skills come to my mind as one.   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 29.04.2015, 20:50    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Faroth писал(а):
Got me thinking of experience we people need to 'survive' in society?

Communication skills come to my mind as one.

Thank you Ville-Pekka Smile What kind of surviving do you mean?   

Faroth

СообщениеДобавлено: 29.04.2015, 20:58    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Procyona писал(а):

Thank you Ville-Pekka Smile What kind of surviving do you mean?

Good question!

Essential skills we need almost every day but might oversee them as a norm these days. Like communication for instance; it's easy to go on without for days and maybe months, but to be part of society one needs to communicate.   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 13.06.2015, 09:19    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Here is a story I found from 101 stories of zen (http://www.101zenstories.org/).

Non-Attachment

Kitano Gempo, abbot of Eihei temple, was ninety-two years old when he passed away in the year 1933. He endeavored his whole life not to be attached to anything. As a wandering mendicant when he was twenty he happened to meet a traveler who smoked tobacco. As they walked together down a mountain road, they stopped under a tree to rest. The traveler offered Kitano a smoke, which he accepted, as he was very hungry at the time.

“How pleasant this smoking is,” he commented. The other gave him an extra pipe and tobacco and they parted.

Kitano felt: “Such pleasant things may disturb meditation. Before this goes too far, I will stop now.” So he threw the smoking outfit away.

When he was twenty-three years old he studied I-King, the profoundest doctrine of the universe. It was winter at the time and he needed some heavy clothes. He wrote his teacher, who lived a hundred miles away, telling him of his need, and gave the letter to a traveler to deliver. Almost the whole winter passed and neither answer nor clothes arrived. So Kitano resorted to the prescience of I-King, which also teaches the art of divination, to determine whether or not his letter had miscarried. He found that this had been the case. A letter afterwards from his teacher made no mention of clothes.

“If I perform such accurate determinative work with I-King, I may neglect my meditation,” felt Kitano. So he gave up this marvelous teaching and never resorted to its powers again.

When he was twenty-eight he studied Chinese calligraphy and poetry. He grew so skillful in these arts that his teacher praised him. Kitano mused: “If I don’t stop now, I’ll be a poet, not a Zen teacher.” So he never wrote another poem.   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 09.05.2016, 13:05    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I have recently taken an interest in short stories with only one hundred words (called flash fiction, because they are so fast to read).
Here is one I wrote for you. Smile

Bee season

‘Here there ain’t no kings’, said the sign in front of a meadow. Siren, a widow of a beekeeper, laughed at the sign for a while, as a wind blew across the Kirke’s weeds and Bellflowers.

“If there’s nothing on the meadow, there’s no need for a king, is there?” Siren asked from the flowers.

“But the bees are there, that’s the thing,” she said and hit the sign with her hand and made it fall.

“Their queen rarely needs a king, but a season will come that she does. Oh, how she does,” she said and wept.   

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun community Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
Страница 1 из 1

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.