Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

How much do you rely on sight or other senses?

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun community
How much do you rely on sight or other senses?
Автор Сообщение
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 17.07.2014, 11:32    Заголовок сообщения: How much do you rely on sight or other senses? Ответить с цитатой

Hi all forum participants. Smile

From all senses I tend to rely mostly on sight, among all the basic senses (beside the sense of touch and gravity), and therefore I am more prone to believe what I see rather than what I hear or smell or touch.

Much can be said with a picture only: it can capture athmosphere in much thighter place that is possible in words. It tells more within just instants, even thiugh the outcome depends on the interpretation. With the tools for modifying pictures, painting and other things, we can even see things that are not possible. I guess this also diminishes the ability to beleive in what you see, which is not necessarily a bad thing, because sight also can be easily tricked.

There are also things that cannot be seen, but that we believe to be there, like the air we breath. (You can feel it entering and going out of the body, but you can't really see it's everywhere around you.) In the end there is sience to prove it, when you cannot ryle on senses only.   

Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Faroth

СообщениеДобавлено: 03.04.2015, 11:24    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

There's a saying: "A picture is worth a thousand words".

Our eyes are more truthful than our ears or nose.

For example it's hard to describe nice view with words so listener sees the same view in his/her head. You probably couldn't describe view with thousand words so it stays true to view what you saw in the first place.   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 08.04.2015, 19:28    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Thank you Ville-Pekka, how is that vision is more reliable than smell for example? I thought that all senses are very adaptive and therefore can fool you. Like blind spots in vision, that are filled in the brain even though you have no information of that area. Your feelings also affect how you see and smell, as well as what you see and smell. Or what are your thoughts?   
Faroth

СообщениеДобавлено: 09.04.2015, 09:58    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I think eyes can give us more information than our nose. But to see the whole 'picture' or 'view' one needs to have all senses active to get the most truthful opinion. Different areas have different smells and feels too. It's not always just what we can see but also what we can feel and smell. Still, most information on nice view is what we saw.

Good point about feelings on how they affect sight and smell.   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 12.04.2015, 21:08    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Humans are very sight oriented, yes. But other senses give information mostly on subconscious level, without us noticing.

Also, balance and feeling of the body position are even more enssential than sight. If you cannot feel your leg, you can barely walk, actually, because you have to check the position of the leg by looking it all the time. It's amazing that your bosy does this automatically.

That sense is also part of the feeling of who you are (how you move, and what is your position), I think, because it's so much patr of your actions.   

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun community Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
Страница 1 из 1

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.