Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

About personality

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun community
About personality
Автор Сообщение
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 10.05.2014, 10:38    Заголовок сообщения: About personality Ответить с цитатой

Dear forum mates, here you may talk and discuss about personality, what it is and does it matter for what you do.

According to Encyclopedia Britannica personality consist of "a characteristic way of thinking, feeling, and behaving". In this respect, we are changing our personality with wing chun all the time Smile

How do you think Wing Chun has changed your personality, or has it? How does the change aid you in what you do? Thank you!

For me, I have become a bit softer, and maybe giving more room for people and their opinions. This aids me to respect every person and react to communication situations as they come. Also, with wing chun I feel I have begun to be more simple-viewed, and thinking of the point for each action. Now I see that there is a balance between working and over-working, and that that balance can be reached.   

Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 12.05.2014, 00:15    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I think I changed quite a bit- don't know if it's only because of Wing Chun though Smile I am more stable, don't have mood swings, more open minded. I don't do a lot of useless actions, thoughts, which were natural to me before. I am more straightforward these days Smile I don't feel the need to prove myself that much anymore.

Well, there're quite a number of changes and not many of them are obvious to me or people who are near me everyday.   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 12.05.2014, 20:47    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Gra-ach писал(а):
Well, there're quite a number of changes and not many of them are obvious to me or people who are near me everyday.

Good point, Irene. With any continuous work, that might be the case. Sometimes we need more distance to see any change. With wc the forums and training reports are a good example: I can see my thinking changing quite dramatically when comparing the way I write now to the way I used to. Smile   

Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 12.05.2014, 20:51    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

It's true - sometimes I read old posts and don't recognize my own words and patterns of thinking. And sometimes the change is for the better Smile   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 14.05.2014, 20:42    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Indeed Smile I have also recognised a change in a way I read my older posts. There might be personal growth in there too.   
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 15.05.2014, 13:28    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Once our SiFu said, "a person does the form, and the form makes the person". It was about the Siu Lim Tao. All the experiences shape us, and the difference that our SiFu and Wing Chun added is - awareness. The more aware I am of what I am doing, the more I am responsible for my own part of shaping my world. And the rest is about letting go, I think Smile   
https://www.facebook.com/TraditionalWingChunOulu   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 15.05.2014, 21:40    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

A great way to put it, Tetyana. After awareness and responsibility, what is it letting go of? Thank you!   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 31.10.2014, 13:07    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

We made personality tests in one of my cources, and the qualities measured
where active, logical, obsevative and practical. I learned that you actually
need to have all the qualities in balance to work at your best. So, I'm now
working more on observing and practical tasks. Wink   

Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 02.11.2014, 23:59    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Procyona писал(а):
A great way to put it, Tetyana. After awareness and responsibility, what is it letting go of? Thank you!

Letting go of what's unnecessary, Milla.   

https://www.facebook.com/TraditionalWingChunOulu   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 06.11.2014, 08:01    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Haveunique писал(а):
Procyona писал(а):

Letting go of what's unnecessary, Milla.

It there something specific you are working on letting go?   

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun community Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
Страница 1 из 1

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.