Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

What is humor?

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun community
What is humor?
Автор Сообщение
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 27.04.2014, 21:25    Заголовок сообщения: What is humor? Ответить с цитатой

Hi dear forum participants.

I have learned that crying and laughing are ways to ease up body tensions. If laughter is a way to ease tensions in the body, the meaning of humor is to make me feel easy, and comfortable. But what is that makes humor humor? To me, humor is in contradictions, when a very series subject is put in a new concept. This twist lets me laugh at subjects that would otherwise be too cruel to laugh at. But what do you think? Where does humor come from?   

Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 27.04.2014, 23:23    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Thanks to your topic, Milla, I found out that the word "humor" has Greek origins and literally means this:

"The term derives from the humoral medicine of the ancient Greeks, which taught that the balance of fluids in the human body, known as humours (Latin: humor, "body fluid"), control human health and emotion."   

https://www.facebook.com/TraditionalWingChunOulu   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 28.04.2014, 21:06    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I don't know how accurately Greek doctors knew about body fluids, but that sounds quite humorous an explanation. Wink   
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun community Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
Страница 1 из 1

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.