Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

Covering center line and keeping distance

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun Practice
Covering center line and keeping distance
Автор Сообщение
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 27.03.2014, 21:47    Заголовок сообщения: Covering center line and keeping distance Ответить с цитатой

Dear forum mates,

I sometimes find it difficult to balance between tension and keeping ones center line covered. When I relax tension, I seem to also loosen on the cover of my center. To me, it seems, that I need to work on keeping contact to my partner so that I reach with any kick or punch I am doing, but also keep my space out of his attack range. If I cannot keep the distance, keeping my center becomes even more important.

Do you know if there is a way to work on this? And how do you know when to keep center and distance? Thank you!   

Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 28.03.2014, 10:54    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Thank you, Milla, the forum tradition goes such that you answer your own question before expecting others to give their opinions. How do you work on what you asked about? How do you make decisions? And, how can you make things easier for yourself?   
https://www.facebook.com/TraditionalWingChunOulu   
Артем Лысенко
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 28.03.2014, 11:10    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

The only reasonable answer for me is Practise:)
There are lot of important principles that one should follow and maintain to cover his center line.Basic stance, balance, engles of one's arms, angles towards opponent...and of course ,understanding the meaning of central line itself.
From my own experience, it's only then possible to reach above mentioned goal,when one's wild on the principles step by step.First of all,there is no need in trying to cover all of them simultaneously.It's a matter of day to day practise.
Never stop learning,because life never stop teaching:))   

Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 28.03.2014, 19:26    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I second it. With practice you start to feel the right position, force, balance. Even your body starts to respond differently, making right moves without you thinking about them.

How I understand it, there's no need to push or hold back - if the dynamics changes it means you have to do something - either atack or deflect, at elast move so that you're covering your centerline. I think that just contact is enough, so that you feel your partner's arm and his movements rightaway.   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 29.03.2014, 07:36    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Thank you Tetyana Smile

The best way to make decisions on would be to listen to the connection, distance and direction of movement of the partner. Then I can adjust myself according the my target, and get these two in balance. In this the partner work is essential - you cannot really work on this on your own.

Thank you Irene and Кот, and good point that I cannot cover all at the same time. How do I know then what to cover and what not? To me it seems that either the ones most vulnerable or in the most front are the priorities, but what do you think?   

Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 25.07.2014, 22:46    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Good video about center line

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBPmlvAB8jA   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 26.07.2014, 11:49    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Thank you Irene, for very informal video.

It's quite interesting a note about the fingers being on the same level even in side stances. Smile   

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun Practice Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
Страница 1 из 1

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.