Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

Of death and time

На страницу Пред.  1, 2
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun community
Of death and time
Автор Сообщение
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 21.01.2014, 19:18    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Gra-ach писал(а):
bacteria (I suppose) "live" (because I don't think one can call it living in my sense of the word) in real objective world and react to the changes in this world. A lot of humans tend to "invent" a "real" world for different reasons and live in this imaginary world.

And sometimes it's hard to put a stop to the creative process of the brain when it goes in the "wrong" direction.

We come again to the issue of can we predict the future or not. Some say it's efficient, some say it is not. Maybe it has been more efficient before man started walking and creating and changing his environment, and that is why we still have a strong tendensy, like selfbuilt mechanism, toward it.   

Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 23.01.2014, 17:36    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I'm not talking about predicting future or knowing it or anything like it. It's nore like are we aware of what's going on in front of us and whether we live in real world and consciosly react to the situation. SiFu always says that we should "get out of rout taxi", meaning (in my opinion) be "here and now" and not use patterns of behaviour.   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 23.01.2014, 22:47    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Sorry, I might have gone too much ahead. To my understanding, and in wide cathegories, thinking of future and past and of imaginary things and experiences, are all combinations of predicting the future. We look at the past to indorporate it to the future, and imagine experiences to do the same.

But I do agree that some turning from the 'wrong' direction seems to step on creativity :/   

Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 29.01.2014, 00:03    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Getting back to talking about death and time... You never know when your death will come (and it will come without a doubt) and any predictions can be crushed by unpredictable. So being here and now may help live to the fullest and use your brain to the fullest as well, without a break of your consciousness which loves to create itself a reality that may be very different from objective world.   
Andrei

СообщениеДобавлено: 29.01.2014, 11:15    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

This could be a reason for not planning your day or life - and just living it.
Of course, you should understand your AIM, but human just proposes, the God disposes   

Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 29.01.2014, 19:01    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Andrei писал(а):
human just proposes, the God disposes

Well, it's one point of view Smile   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 29.01.2014, 19:03    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Gra-ach писал(а):
Getting back to talking about death and time... You never know when your death will come (and it will come without a doubt) and any predictions can be crushed by unpredictable.

We hab been talking about this just reacently. How do we know that we die? (How do we know this is not Matrix? Very Happy) It seems that people disappear somewhere, but do we know what lies beyond that border?

It's a matter of personal believe, of cource, and I certainly don't have any answers. But I'd like to think that for everyone the place/unplace beyond border can be different, reflecting on what they believe in Smile   

Andrei

СообщениеДобавлено: 29.01.2014, 19:04    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Gra-ach писал(а):

Well, it's one point of view Smile

Yes, right! Any dogma.
Smile   

Andrei

СообщениеДобавлено: 29.01.2014, 19:08    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Procyona писал(а):
How do we know that we die? (How do we know this is not Matrix? Very Happy) It seems that people disappear somewhere, but do we know what lies beyond that border?

It was an interesting film "Inception", where a girl thought that she should die to awake (on another level). Because she believed that she sleeped.
Her husband believed that they were not sleeping.

Maybe it depends on what we believe?..   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 29.01.2014, 19:22    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Andrei писал(а):
It was an interesting film "Inception", where a girl thought that she should die to awake (on another level). Because she believed that she sleeped. Her husband believed that they were not sleeping.

Maybe it depends on what we believe?..

Going further with that Inception example.. would that mean that they lived in two different realities then, after the woman did die/disappear? Maybe in her reality she just woke up and lived a happy life on that other level Very Happy   

Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 30.01.2014, 11:46    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Sometimes I wonder where this desire to understand and explain everything comes from. Maybe because of fears it is difficult to accept things we just don't understand. It seems that we prefer to have any kind of explanation - a personal belief, someone's advice, own theory, as long as it keeps us calm... pretty much, as long as helps us not to worry about things we don't know. Maybe this is the way to be? Because if we ask ourselves, so what do we do with this now, suddenly the direction of the thoughts and actions usually changes Very Happy   
https://www.facebook.com/TraditionalWingChunOulu   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 30.01.2014, 22:45    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Haveunique писал(а):
Because if we ask ourselves, so what do we do with this now, suddenly the direction of the thoughts and actions usually changes Very Happy

What kind of change do you refer to, Tetyana? Thank you!   

Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 18.02.2014, 02:30    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Every time you ask yourself, what you are doing and why, you make sure you are moving along your path or have you wandered off it. So every time you make a check and realize where you are, how far you have reached by now, that's a good point to either continue the same way or alter your going in any way - different direction, speed, or way ot moving, etc.   
https://www.facebook.com/TraditionalWingChunOulu   
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun community Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
На страницу Пред.  1, 2
Страница 2 из 2

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.