Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

Of death and time

На страницу 1, 2  След.
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun community
Of death and time
Автор Сообщение
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 08.01.2014, 17:27    Заголовок сообщения: Of death and time Ответить с цитатой

Dear forum mates, what do you think about death? Does it have a meaning in life, with the limited amount we have? How does a limited amount of time affect ones life?

I think it does. Because I have so called dead-line sometime probably not as far as I'd like it to be, I am more motivated for action. The amount of time I have changes how I think. But the lifespan I have used already makes probably more difference - I cannot comprehend time with the same pace if I'm 20 years old than if I am 80 years old. Time might have even more meaning the fewer moments you are probable to have. Also the consciousness of ones limited lifespan makes a difference - if you think you have enough just for everything, you are less probable to act.

Also, if you start counting from 50 000 BC, there has been over 107 billion people that have ever lived. With the 7 billion people living today, there is then about 100 persons death for each person alive. (according to BBC news 2012: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-16870579) That is a huge amount of people! And how many of them are nameless to us? Only some are remembered I'm afraid.   

Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 09.01.2014, 00:13    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Those are remembered who did or created something during their lives. As long as it influences the lives of the next people who get born, their creations will stay and people continue living in our heads.

Death makes me think exactly about this... what do I make to stay after I am gone, as I got no clue how death is anyway. I am interested though in stories how death is interpreted, one of my favorites is reincarnation.   

https://www.facebook.com/TraditionalWingChunOulu   
Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 09.01.2014, 20:40    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I also think we keep "living" in the hearts of our children, family and friends and in our deads.   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 09.01.2014, 22:50    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Interesting view, both of you. Makes me wonder would it be therefore possible that - if you can stay alive while you have physically passed away - you could be death even though you still walk among the living? Maybe that is if no one knows who you are, or that you exist.. But it's not the same as dead, just non-existance. It's an interesting thought anyway. Very Happy

Haveunique писал(а):
I am interested though in stories how death is interpreted, one of my favorites is reincarnation.

Interesting comment Tetyana Smile Have you ever read books of death? They are kind of like guides on how to find a new life after one dies - in the same world or in after life. At least Egyptian religion and Tibetian religions have those, if you are intereated to read them.   

Последний раз редактировалось: Procyona (10.01.2014, 18:07), всего редактировалось 1 раз
Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 10.01.2014, 02:14    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Procyona писал(а):
Makes me wonder would it be therefore possible that - if you can stay alive while you have physically passed away - you could be death even though you still walk among the living? Maybe that is if no one knows who you are, or that you exist.. But it's not the same as dead, just non-existence. It's an interesting thought anyway. Very Happy

I guess you may call it existing and not living. If you have no purpose and yo do nothing useful. You know, like microorganisms - they exist.   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 10.01.2014, 18:09    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Gra-ach писал(а):
Procyona писал(а):
Makes me wonder would it be therefore possible that - if you can stay alive while you have physically passed away - you could be death even though you still walk among the living? Maybe that is if no one knows who you are, or that you exist.. But it's not the same as dead, just non-existence. It's an interesting thought anyway. Very Happy

I guess you may call it existing and not living. If you have no purpose and yo do nothing useful. You know, like microorganisms - they exist.

Interesting, Irene. If I follow the logic, does living then mean same as making consciouns choise? Thank you!   

Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 11.01.2014, 02:37    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Making conscious choices and acting on them, and having opinions on subjects that matter to you.   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 11.01.2014, 11:14    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Funny enough, I see that as the same kind of reaction that bacteria have toward their environment Very Happy I think conscious action can only be learned - at least I could not do it before I learned how. And even if I learned consciousness, it itself affects me too, if I am not consciously monitoring the change.   
Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 16.01.2014, 00:56    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Procyona писал(а):
Funny enough, I see that as the same kind of reaction that bacteria have toward their environment Very Happy

In this case bacteria live here and now unlike humans who constructed virtual reality each for each one and live in it and not in eal world Smile   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 16.01.2014, 14:53    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Very true, although bacteria might not have much choise on that Very Happy The beauty of human brain gives so many opportunities that is can also be used very uneffective sometimes...   
Andrei

СообщениеДобавлено: 19.01.2014, 02:29    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I'm afraid of it. That's why I try to live right here right now.
Unfortunately, I'm too far from this method of living... I should practise more   

Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 19.01.2014, 02:33    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Andrei, which particular ways do you prefer in your practice to cope with the fear of death? Which ones are working for you? Thanks!   
https://www.facebook.com/TraditionalWingChunOulu   
Andrei

СообщениеДобавлено: 19.01.2014, 02:42    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Dear Haveunique,
In fact, I have no ways to cope with it.
When I have such thoughts, I just try to relax, and think that everything will be OK. I believe I will have some more time here.   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 19.01.2014, 17:43    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Andrei, relaxing is already a way to deal with any fear. Keep on doing that and good luck for finding other methods! Wink   
Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 21.01.2014, 00:54    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Procyona писал(а):
Very true, although bacteria might not have much choice on that Very Happy

That's actually the problem - bacteria (I suppose) "live" (because I don't think one can call it living in my sense of the word) in real objective world and react to the changes in this world. A lot of humans tend to "invent" a "real" world for different reasons and live in this imaginary world.

Procyona писал(а):
The beauty of human brain gives so many opportunities that is can also be used very ineffective sometimes...

And sometimes it's hard to put a stop to the creative process of the brain when it goes in the "wrong" direction.   

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun community Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
На страницу 1, 2  След.
Страница 1 из 2

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.