Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

How does Wing Chun influence your life?

На страницу 1, 2  След.
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Personal growth
How does Wing Chun influence your life?
Автор Сообщение
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 01.12.2013, 17:18    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

nmrt писал(а):
Haveunique писал(а):
So what is this "a bit more," Artem?
Honestly, Tetyana, it is so small, that I would rather not bore you... Wink
Artem, no reason to coquet, if Wing Chun is giving you something more than staying focused and motivated, why not just say it Smile Smile   
https://www.facebook.com/TraditionalWingChunOulu   
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
nmrt

СообщениеДобавлено: 07.12.2013, 22:20    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Haveunique писал(а):
Artem, no reason to coquet, if Wing Chun is giving you something more than staying focused and motivated, why not just say it :) :)

OK, Tetyana, if you insist. :)
Haven't formulated it very well for myself yet: Wing Chun brings new patterns into my brain...
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 08.12.2013, 00:44    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Thank you for the answer. Have you noticed how this process of new pattern creation is happening? Can you trace it?

I agree that Wing Chun helps its practitioner think differently and find unusual solutions to any kind of situation. For me Wing Chun is helping to see more opportunities and more choices, which I am happy to make.   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 09.12.2013, 12:26    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Thank you for the nice topic Artem and Tetyana Smile

It would be nice to track the changes in cell level, to see how the neuron (cells of brain) routes change and how a person feels this change, if they feel it at all. Very Happy

For me new pattern mean that even though I get a sensation of sight, smell, tension - anything pretty much - I know I can change the way I am customed to react. I.e. I can send that information that my brains receave to another route, and do something productive with it.   

Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 10.12.2013, 00:29    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Talking about changes in patterns I'd add that Wing Chun ads new patterns and new moves and combinations of movements to my brain thus making my life more diversified and versatile, because by making my brain function in more ways than before I see and react to situations that don't have anything to do with Wing Chun in a new way.   
nmrt

СообщениеДобавлено: 11.12.2013, 11:18    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Haveunique писал(а):
Have you noticed how this process of new pattern creation is happening? Can you trace it?

Don't think that this process can be traced without appropriate equipment (e.g. EEG or MRI).
Was talking about neuron connections, mentioned by Milla, too.
But more importantly, at least for me, is the increase of patterns, overall.
As this influences the brain's ability to faster predict future (recognize more complex patterns) and makes its host smarter.

It's very cool that there are people here, interested in this stuff, too. :)
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 11.12.2013, 12:44    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

nmrt писал(а):
It's very cool that there are people here, interested in this stuff, too. Smile

What do you mean by 'this stuff' Artem? Thank you!   

nmrt

СообщениеДобавлено: 12.12.2013, 02:18    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Procyona писал(а):
What do you mean by 'this stuff' Artem? Thank you!

Have meant cognitive science, Milla, what else?..
Considering your posts, you like to dabble in science, too, am I correct? ;)
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 12.12.2013, 12:50    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

nmrt писал(а):
Have meant cognitive science, Milla, what else?.. Considering your posts, you like to dabble in science, too, am I correct? Wink

I guess you can say so, Artem. This machiene is my tool, so the better I understand it, the better I can use it. Smile

Answering to that what else - for me it can be anything mentioned in the previous posts, really.   

Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 12.12.2013, 15:18    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

nmrt писал(а):
Haveunique писал(а):
Have you noticed how this process of new pattern creation is happening? Can you trace it?

Don't think that this process can be traced without appropriate equipment (e.g. EEG or MRI).

Why complicate things Very Happy The process of changing the way one is thinking can be traced by the thinking person themselves. This is what I was asking about, have you found out how exactly your thought process is working Cool Without the need of extra equipment.
nmrt писал(а):
As this influences the brain's ability to faster predict future (recognize more complex patterns) and makes its host smarter.

Nobody knows the future... so it's impossible to learn to predict it in any way )))))))) So you are learning something different, Artem Cool
nmrt писал(а):
It's very cool that there are people here, interested in this stuff, too. Smile

Indeed Smile   

nmrt

СообщениеДобавлено: 12.12.2013, 21:24    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Procyona писал(а):
This machine is my tool, so the better I understand it, the better I can use it. :)

What machine are you referring to, Milla? :)
nmrt

СообщениеДобавлено: 12.12.2013, 22:45    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Haveunique писал(а):
Nobody knows the future... so it's impossible to learn to predict it in any way )))))))) So you are learning something different, Artem 8)

Tetyana, let's agree to disagree. ;)

Yes, there is no way (that I know of) to tell the exact future, for now...
But, all the time our minds predict every possible future outcome, mostly subconsciously.
In AI, simulation of this process is called pattern recognition.
In fact, human memory doesn't operate with hard data, at all.
It collects associations (patterns) and predicts more complex of them by analyzing (matching) incoming patterns from sensors.
Whole life is an example of that: knowing about the pain before being hit, secretion of saliva before tasting (or even thinking about) the lemon etc.
Of course these predictions are small and there are probability and fuzzy logic involved, but still.
And with more patterns (experience) in you mind, you can predict (recognize) a bigger picture.
Going beyond certain threshold, you can even invent new things. :)

PS There is nothing impossible. http://youtu.be/vibmc0ncz1Y
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 13.12.2013, 23:24    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

nmrt писал(а):
Procyona писал(а):
This machine is my tool, so the better I understand it, the better I can use it. Smile

What machine are you referring to, Milla? Smile

Myself, the psyco-physical and social (non)entity. The bio-machiene that tries to figure out how it works.   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 13.12.2013, 23:42    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

nmrt писал(а):
Haveunique писал(а):
Nobody knows the future... so it's impossible to learn to predict it in any way )))))))) So you are learning something different, Artem Cool

Tetyana, let's agree to disagree. Wink

Yes, there is no way (that I know of) to tell the exact future, for now...
But, all the time our minds predict every possible future outcome, mostly subconsciously.
In AI, simulation of this process is called pattern recognition.
In fact, human memory doesn't operate with hard data, at all.
It collects associations (patterns) and predicts more complex of them by analyzing (matching) incoming patterns from sensors.
Whole life is an example of that: knowing about the pain before being hit, secretion of saliva before tasting (or even thinking about) the lemon etc.
Of course these predictions are small and there are probability and fuzzy logic involved, but still.
And with more patterns (experience) in you mind, you can predict (recognize) a bigger picture.
Going beyond certain threshold, you can even invent new things. Smile

Thank you for the interesting talk Artem and Tetyana.

I guess some predictions of the future can be useful (like the saliva). But the thing is, we (humans and most animals alike) also tend see and recognise patterns even when there is none. Because we cannot know what the future will bring, it's better to learn to react faster in the present, rather than work trough all possible outcomes and test them (subconsciously or consciously) pattern by pattern. Because of our limited lifetime, we do not experience all the possibilities that can happen anyway.

Ps. Thank you for the quotas Artem. We have a whole separate topic for them on the forum. You may wish share them there.   

nmrt

СообщениеДобавлено: 15.12.2013, 01:49    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Procyona писал(а):
Myself, the psycho-physical and social (non)entity. The bio-machine that tries to figure out how it works.

Wow Milla, and they've told me that I overcomplicate things. ;)
Like your cybernetic style, though.

Procyona писал(а):
I guess some predictions of the future can be useful (like the saliva). But the thing is, we (humans and most animals alike) also tend see and recognize patterns even when there is none. Because we cannot know what the future will bring, it's better to learn to react faster in the present, rather than work trough all possible outcomes and test them (subconsciously or consciously) pattern by pattern. Because of our limited lifetime, we do not experience all the possibilities that can happen anyway.

I wasn't talking about psychological aspect of pattern recognition.
What has been described is how human brain (and intelligent systems simulating it) actually work.

I tend to agree that in critical situations, when our conscious is involved, it's better to just react, without analyzing every factor, possibility and so on.
But, to react in any way, you need to analyze at least some data and then take the risk of ignoring the rest.
On how much you ignore, depends the quality of your decision.

Also, human brain has tremendous capacity and can analyze (match, recognize etc.) zillions of patterns simultaneously.
All computers combined together still can't compare with it!
Partially, it's because the brain doesn't see its data as numbers and doesn't do arithmetic.
Although, we have very little control (or understanding) of it yet and that's why this process is much faster subconsciously, for now.

Procyona писал(а):
Ps. Thank you for the quotes Artem. We have a whole separate topic for them on the forum. You may wish share them there.

Do you mean the video?
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Personal growth Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
На страницу 1, 2  След.
Страница 1 из 2

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.