Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

Awareness

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun Practice
Awareness
Автор Сообщение
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 14.11.2013, 22:02    Заголовок сообщения: Awareness Ответить с цитатой

I know that awareness in a moment is being both aware of both the inside and outside world at the same time. But how does thinking combine to this? Can thinking in some cases make you aware or make you unaware?

I think it can make you both, of cource depending on what you are thinking. If I can combine my thoughts to the moment, I can still be aware of what I do. But if they don't correlate, it's easier to get distracted.   

Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 18.11.2013, 11:31    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

In my experience, awareness is when the inner dialogue stops and I just do whatever it is I do. The next step is - channeling the thoughts along the path of the task I am doing. In this case I am as a whole working on one task.

What do you do with the thoughts, which do not correlate, Milla?   

https://www.facebook.com/TraditionalWingChunOulu   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 18.11.2013, 22:23    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Tetyana, in this channeling of thoughts: Does the action have to be there before you can add thought to the process? Is there times thoughts can be there first, and then you add action? Thank you!

For the thoughts, I can either let them go peacefully if I do not need them, and if there is a pattern behind the thoughts - something appearing more than randomly possible - I can stop to see if it's something I need to react to.   

Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 18.11.2013, 23:07    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Procyona писал(а):
Tetyana, in this channeling of thoughts: Does the action have to be there before you can add thought to the process? Is there times thoughts can be there first, and then you add action? Thank you!
What do you think, Milla? I think this is such an individual question that you would know the best for yourself Cool Smile   
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 18.11.2013, 23:09    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Procyona писал(а):
For the thoughts, I can either let them go peacefully if I do not need them, and if there is a pattern behind the thoughts - something appearing more than randomly possible - I can stop to see if it's something I need to react to.
Is this the simplest way or is there any simpler one? ))   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 19.11.2013, 22:16    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Haveunique писал(а):
Procyona писал(а):
What do you think, Milla? I think this is such an individual question that you would know the best for yourself Cool Smile

For me it's easier to channel thought into a process. Then you have something concreate to react to, and don't have too many ways to choose from. I can of cource always act according to my thoughts, when I want to do something, but in that the relationship is more like a continuity than happening at the same time. The thoughs are too fast to built an action on. Smile   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 19.11.2013, 22:19    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Haveunique писал(а):
Procyona писал(а):
Is this the simplest way or is there any simpler one? ))

Just one - don't think, do. Very Happy   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 04.12.2013, 21:33    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Dear forum mates, ecpecially the ones that are working with awareness. Has being more aware changed the way you feel and work and if so, how? Thank you very much in advance!

I have only trained a bit over a year, and yet the most striking finding for me was how much I had missed before. Now that I can actually notice the color of my walls and see cracks in the toilet cover - those little things I did not care of before - the world seems different. And bigger: it definitely contains more things now. At the same time I notice even more things I do not know, and the way I see myself has become more exact, more definite. An awesome feeling. Smile   

Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 04.12.2013, 23:52    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Procyona писал(а):
Has being more aware changed the way you feel and work and if so, how?

I guess so. A get a lot more incoming information, so my brain has to process more info and has to work faster to make instantaneous decisions. So in all situation I think quicker and resolve matters better. Besides, it's easier to react when you are aware of what's happening. And it's so much harder to divert your attention if you don't count piglets in the sky Smile Besides, it's interesting sometimes to see what's going on around Cool   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 05.12.2013, 12:45    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Gra-ach писал(а):
Besides, it's interesting sometimes to see what's going on around Cool

And the things going on in your own head too! At least my own logic makes me laugh sometimes. Very Happy   

Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 05.12.2013, 13:47    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

It has definitely, Milla. Being aware means you know why and for what you are doing anything you are doing. It helps you control and manage things you can, and live in harmony with the things you cannot change or influence. Awareness helps me feel more and more at home anywhere I am. Thank you for the question.   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 07.12.2013, 13:57    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

In the end of this talk there are some hint on how to expand awareness (e.i. use working memory for your advantage).

http://www.ted.com/talks/peter_doolittle_how_your_working_memory_makes_sense_of_the_world.html

It is quite nice talk all the way, as it highlight very well how wing chun can be applied, too. Smile   

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun Practice Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
Страница 1 из 1

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.