Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

How to reach your goals

На страницу 1, 2  След.
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Personal growth
How to reach your goals
Автор Сообщение
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 29.08.2013, 21:52    Заголовок сообщения: How to reach your goals Ответить с цитатой

I came across this beautifully simple formula for success by Johnny B. Truant:

Цитата:
Ultimate formula for success:
1. Try.
2. Repeat step 1 until the desired result is achieved.

Even though some planning should be appropriate, depending on the goal, but it is the will to try and keep trying that keep the wheels rolling Smile Or what do you think? Is there a perfect plan? What else can we use? Thank you!

Also, there is a saying that there are people who know they will be stars before they reach their dream, but even more people who know they are stars but never will become them. Even when there is competition inside yourself, there can also be competition among people who have the same dream. Or more precicely, there is competition if they reach for the exact same thing. But because people are different and dream of and like to do different things for different reasons, I think it may just be imagination. Like, if you try to find a funder for a project, you may compete with the system, but usually not directly with the people. Smile   

Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 30.08.2013, 09:44    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Good planning is a part of smart will. Of course things may go in many different ways so the stronger the will, the better!

Interesting that you mention competition, Milla. Why do you feel like you are competing with someone - people, system? I believe there is only one competition - the one inside us, against fears, laziness and ego, to make peace with them. Sort of, who takes over who Very Happy   

https://www.facebook.com/TraditionalWingChunOulu   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 31.08.2013, 21:00    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I have been thinking about competition, as people have been saying that life is hard because of it. That in job markets we compete of the spot light, to get a job and earn. But I guess those are not the battles that count, and they might be just inner fears, compering yourself with others doing the same thing Very Happy   
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 18.09.2013, 21:58    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Inner fears, definitely.
Who has tips for reaching your goals?
Whatever I managed to achieve, has one simple algorythm: doing something regularly on the way to that goal. If I really want something, I can find time pretty much every day. It's easy because when I really want it, I have no need for excuses Smile How is it with you, guys? Thanks.   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 19.09.2013, 10:42    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Doing something regularly is indeed better, especially for big goals. When you can piece the task and do one bit at a time, it does not look as big a task to do. Smile   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 21.09.2013, 20:21    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Sometimes it is good to widen your repertuar of tools. I can limit myself timewise and other ways too. Also, when I have to look for other ways to get to my target, I am more aware of what I do.   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 08.10.2013, 11:03    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I heard a very inspiring story of a boy who was facing a monster. It reminded me of how our fears only shout and roar and maybe take nasty wording, but they cannot hurt as other wise. And if I keep walking to where I want to be, and keep facing my fears they will eventually get smaller and disappear. Smile   
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 23.10.2013, 13:49    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Please share the story, Milla Smile   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 23.10.2013, 20:44    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Ok, this is how I heard it Smile

There once lived a young boy with his family in a small village in a valley. The water they had was filthy, and they did not have much to eat as the ground did not produce food, nor was there any farm animals. However, there was another village just in the near valley. That other village had clear water, fertile ground and lots of pigs and goats and cows. And there was plenty of room for the other villagers to life there, too. But - the only road between these villages went through a mountain path that no one did ever gross, as it was ruled by a vicious black monster with a frightening roar. Even though the village with filthy water had warriors, no one was brave enough to face the monster.

But one day the young boy got fed up with his village, and decided to go to the other village, was there a monster or not. And so he went up to the mountain path. As he get up the mountain, the monster roared. But the boy kept on walking. Then the monster came closer to him, and roared even louder. But the boy kept walking. With every step the boy took, the monster came closer, and it voice louder, and it started to say thing the boy did not want to hear. Horrible things that would make him cry. But, still, the boy kept on walking, because he wanted to get to that other village.

And when the boy reached the monster - it was a very big monster when your put your face in front of it - the roar was horrible and got through even his bones. Still the boy did not stop, but just kept on walking. It was a miracle: with these steps, the monster started to go back, and with the next it started to become smaller and as the boy moved on, the roar became quieter and quieter. By the time the boy reached the other village, the monster had become a tiny piece of dirt, and it’s roar had diminished from whisper to sounds the boy could not hear anymore. With that the boy picked up the tiny piece of dirt and throw it to the wind. With the monster gone, all his villagers could come to the other village to live.   

Skywalker

СообщениеДобавлено: 23.10.2013, 23:05    Заголовок сообщения: Re: How to reach your goals Ответить с цитатой

Цитата:
1. Try.
2. Repeat step 1 until the desired result is achieved.

I would change it a bit

Skywalker писал(а):
1. Try.
2. If the desired result is achieved -> f... yeah, you did it!!!
else go to #3.
3. Change your way of doing and go to #1

That's at least, 'cause if you for example need to open the door, you pull it, it doesn't go, you pull it again, it doesn't go, you pull it again... Why don't you try to push it then?
Sometimes it's not so obvious, so my 3rd step shouldn't be ignored.   
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 24.10.2013, 11:34    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Thank you, Skywalker! It's all the matter of interpretation Cool Sometimes we need to try without changing also, because if we keep changing our approach it may make things even more difficult. I am talking of course about long-term goals where it's unlikely to get to your aim immediately after trying first time.   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 24.10.2013, 11:54    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Thank you, both of you! The formula does seem to have multiple uses and meanings Very Happy And Tetyana, you are right: changing too much for bigger goal might distract from reaching the goal. And sometimes it just takes time to see the results.   
Skywalker

СообщениеДобавлено: 25.10.2013, 22:07    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Well, I didn't mean that you need to change everything, it can be a slight change. =)
Plus for sure, whatever formula one is using (in my opinion) he should first use his own ability to look and understand clearly what he is doing. =))

Of course if you are climbing a mountain it would be a lousy decision to suddenly start to run down if you haven't reached the top yet, etc.

Thank you for answers. =)   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 26.10.2013, 18:52    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Skywalker писал(а):
whatever formula one is using (in my opinion) he should first use his own ability to look and understand clearly what he is doing. =))

That is true! What ever you do, you are in more control of the situation, when aware where you are and what you do. Smile

Skywalker писал(а):
Of course if you are climbing a mountain it would be a lousy decision to suddenly start to run down if you haven't reached the top yet, etc.

I would not say so, not nessesarily. It's that you might not know what is on top of that mountain. Once you see it, you might make a now decidion. I do see your point, but it's good to also have room for new decicions if the situations change.

You are very welcome Skywalker and thank you as well Very Happy

Off-topic: I like your name Skywalker: seeing it I assosiate Wing Chun to the believe in the force. They are quite similar philosophies when you think of it. Very Happy   

Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 28.10.2013, 21:52    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

The thread about the meaning of nicknames got moved, please follow and share your stories about your nicknames! Thank you Cool

Back to reaching the goals. Why not start running down the hill if you realize that is your goal and you don't feel like getting to the top of the mountain? Looking forward to your reply, Skywalker! Thanks Smile   

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Personal growth Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
На страницу 1, 2  След.
Страница 1 из 2

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.