Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

Knowing and not knowing

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Personal growth
Knowing and not knowing
Автор Сообщение
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 31.05.2013, 21:29    Заголовок сообщения: Knowing and not knowing Ответить с цитатой

Do you think it's better not know about facts and always to hear the truth? Or are there things you would not like to know about?

For me, some things like if I have a mutation for cancer or not, does not really matter on what I do every day. Knowing of it might change my behavior, but not things I work for or do every day. But on things that matter - the things I surround myself with - like my friends and work and interests, I want to hear the truth and know about. This is because, if I don't know what I am working with, how could I know how to act best. In addition, knowing everything is not possible, so I need to direct my obcervation and memory on things that matter to me.   

Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 02.06.2013, 23:43    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Facts are the best to rely on, as everyone may have their own truth. Of course in order to get to know people, we learn how they see facts. It is a skill to learn to see things for what they are, not what we think they are.

Things we shouldn't know about - we don't know about in any case Very Happy   

https://www.facebook.com/TraditionalWingChunOulu   
Артем Лысенко
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 03.06.2013, 16:00    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

When it is truth - its simple and obvious, as life it self. And when it's complicated and unnatural, then it is hard to remember. The best way to remember something is this "something"as often as possible. As our Sifu says: "...knowing is when you can apply it in real life..."   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 03.06.2013, 21:14    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Кот писал(а):
As our Sifu says: "...knowing is when you can apply it in real life..."

Thank you Кот, that is very true! I cannot say I know how to ride a bike for instance, if its only based on feelings and guesses of how it may work. You also need to have an experience on riding, to know how it works and keep using it all the time to remember how it's done. And for this, you need to also observe the process.

Haveunique писал(а):
Things we shouldn't know about - we don't know about in any case Very Happy

Well, it depends on how you approach it, but that is a nice one Smile   

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Personal growth Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
Страница 1 из 1

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.