Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

Three ways of learning

На страницу 1, 2, 3  След.
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Personal growth
Three ways of learning
Автор Сообщение
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 30.05.2013, 18:45    Заголовок сообщения: Three ways of learning Ответить с цитатой

When we talk aout learning, we are cathegorized to watchers, listeners and doers. The theory goes, that every one can learn by all three, but one or two are better for learning. Do you think this is true? What way can you learn things best?

I think this approach can be used best for studing, and it applies somewhat to other aspects of life. When talking about studies, I learn best by watching (I can easily remember pictures) but also by doing, like writing and drawing. But, I like to also learn from other people, and then I tend to listen more. For instance: Of what and how a person talks tells much about the personality behind words Smile   

Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 05.06.2013, 22:15    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Tell - and people forget, show - they remember for a moment, involve them in doing - they remember for a lifetime. The most kick out of things I get when doing something together with other people Wink especially learning!   
https://www.facebook.com/TraditionalWingChunOulu   
Режиссер

СообщениеДобавлено: 06.06.2013, 01:08    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

The best way to remember is to see the picture of what you are learning. If you learn a new foreign word, just create a picture in your mind of what does this word look like in your native language. It really works!   
Валентина Слободянюк
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 06.06.2013, 09:36    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

As for wing chun, you won't learn untill you at least try to do it. when you just watch or wacth more than do - you'll never learn. That's why it's not practical to learn martial arts from books and videos.   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 06.06.2013, 10:32    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Well, by listening we learn to listen, by seeing we learn to see. Only by doing we learn to do, not just one thing, but more Smile   
Валентина Слободянюк
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 06.06.2013, 11:06    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

That's true)   
Артем Лысенко
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 06.06.2013, 11:56    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

In my oppinion, the three mentioned ways is not about learning, but about perception of information. That are the ways that we (people) are experience the reality we live in. Often it's talked about mixed type of perception: audio-visual, visual-kinestetic,kinestetic-audio, and so on.

And learning is only by doing. If you have learned something, then you can repeat it in action in other time and place   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 07.06.2013, 12:41    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Кот писал(а):
In my oppinion, the three mentioned ways is not about learning, but about perception of information. That are the ways that we (people) are experience the reality we live in. Often it's talked about mixed type of perception: audio-visual, visual-kinestetic,kinestetic-audio, and so on.

And learning is only by doing. If you have learned something, then you can repeat it in action in other time and place

Good point about perception Кот! I also agree that we can only show that we have learned by doing it.

In order to understand your point better: Let's say I am for instance painting a picture, and want to mix a certain green color from blue and yellow. I can of course figure out how to do it on my own, but when I see an example, I can apply that seen knowledge already, and get results faster. Where does learning happen in this example, Кот? What happens in seeing? Thank you!   

Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 17.06.2013, 17:20    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

For me, it depends what do I want to learn Smile In foreign languages if I want to broaden my vocabulary, then I read or listen to audiobooks (and the same goes for my mother tongue), but if I want to learn spelling - I have to write more. At this point I don't write a lot (typing doesn't count), so I start to forget how to spell words in English.

If we're talking about my speciality - sometimes it's enough to understand the concept to be able to do something at a later date. And it also applies to mathematics and physics - I need to understand how to prove a theorem and not learn it by heart because I will forget it in next 5 minutes.

So what I'm saying is that for different information different input channels are used.   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 23.06.2013, 12:11    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Speaking of using different methods for learning, it is sometimes nice to draw a picture or a mind map of terms or situations you want to understand better. For me this helps to clear abstract terms and processes, because there I can organise them on paper bit by bit and part by part.

And talking about pictures, seeing your own performances on video, pictures and even in the mirror hepls you to see the difference between how you think you act and how you actually act. Videos and pictures also are a great way to share information further, regardless on time and space. Smile   

Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 24.06.2013, 21:47    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Procyona писал(а):
And talking about pictures, seeing your own performances on video, pictures and even in the mirror hepls you to see the difference between how you think you act and how you actually act. Videos and pictures also are a great way to share information further, regardless on time and space. Smile

Oh, don't get me started on these! It's sometimes two different things -what I think I do and what I actually do. And watching yourself on video tape is really great, because you have a vision in your head how it should be and then you see what you actually did! And you can correct mistakes and later on see the progress Smile   

Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 25.06.2013, 09:53    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Gra-ach писал(а):
It's sometimes two different things -what I think I do and what I actually do.

How do you feel when you are making such discoveries, Ira? Thank you!   

Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 26.06.2013, 23:19    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Amazed at myself. And it usually looks quite ridiculous, because I see that I don't control my own movements and I don't even feel that I make them. And a bit alarmed sometimes.   
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 27.06.2013, 19:17    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

A few days ago Milla and I were discussing emotions, and she gave an example of people and mice going through a maze. Once both learned their way through, the labyrinth was changed. When the mouse came to see a new build-up, it just started looking for a way out. A human had emotions first, only after they are over, they can act. I thought it was a brilliant story about how we are learning until we stop giving ourselves evaluations like "ridiculous," and others.   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 28.06.2013, 10:03    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

The same thing with me, Irene Very Happy It is sometimes tough to see that I am not in control of myself, and even tougher to accept it. But once I do, it suddenly becomes so much easier. (Honestly speaking, I am quite amazed of this fact.) Smile

I did not think the example that way, Tetyana, nice way put. It's great to see how things grow when other people attach new meanings and views to previous Smile   

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Personal growth Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
На страницу 1, 2, 3  След.
Страница 1 из 3

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.