Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

Importance of criticism

На страницу Пред.  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  След.
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun community
Importance of criticism
Автор Сообщение
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 13.08.2013, 14:34    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I see. Thank you Irene Smile

It is true that other people often pay attention to different things and have ideas I have not tough of, so it's important to just listen and learn sometimes. Very Happy   

Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Артем Лысенко
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 14.08.2013, 11:37    Заголовок сообщения: Re: Importance of criticism Ответить с цитатой

Haveunique"][quote="Кот писал(а):
There is a inner dissfunctional transition of energy inside while you step into "nice position", instead of beeing your-self.

Lying to oneself is one of the biggest triggers for fears... Honesty is a base for mental health. Do you guys and girls think that harsh criticizing comes from fears? My opinion - yes because aggression equals fears. So that means a harsh critic needs compassion in the first place.[/quote]

I'm concerned that lying comes from the fear of being missunderstand or from the fear, that one's opinion is different from your own (or probably correct, and it's just a fear of unwilling to change your own oppinion:))   

Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 14.08.2013, 13:28    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Gra-ach писал(а):
Haveunique писал(а):
No one can convince us unless we convince ourselves Smile

Unless they are very very good at convincing Cool Very Happy

Only unaware people can be manipulated.   

https://www.facebook.com/TraditionalWingChunOulu   
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 14.08.2013, 13:32    Заголовок сообщения: Re: Importance of criticism Ответить с цитатой

Кот писал(а):
I'm concerned that lying comes from the fear of being missunderstand or from the fear, that one's opinion is different from your own (or probably correct, and it's just a fear of unwilling to change your own oppinion:))

Artem, I think lying is just a way to run away from the reality instead of taking the responsibility and action. Ironically, such hiding only makes one's life shorter...   

Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 14.08.2013, 17:21    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

What do you mean by shorter?   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 14.08.2013, 19:52    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Haveunique писал(а):
Gra-ach писал(а):
Haveunique писал(а):
No one can convince us unless we convince ourselves Smile

Unless they are very very good at convincing Cool Very Happy

Only unaware people can be manipulated.

It is true! Convincing, and making decisions based on it, is your doing, and even if the ultimate force came from outside, the change always happens inside. To be aware of it or not, makes little difference to the process.   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 14.08.2013, 20:01    Заголовок сообщения: Re: Importance of criticism Ответить с цитатой

Haveunique"][quote="Кот писал(а):

Artem, I think lying is just a way to run away from the reality instead of taking the responsibility and action. Ironically, such hiding only makes one's life shorter...[/quote]

To my mind, you are both right. I can sympathise with the fear of being wrong, or misunderstood, but I also think that at the same time lying turns you away from yourself, as you try to hide what you are and feel.   

Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 15.08.2013, 13:06    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Gra-ach писал(а):
What do you mean by shorter?

Lying takes away time that can be used for something more useful Very Happy   

Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 15.08.2013, 16:08    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

In this case I agree, but it also trains memory and imagination Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 16.08.2013, 19:12    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

True point, Irene, but you can train that in other ways, too: Like frowning when you smile, or think of pleasent things when you are curled up. These things boost imagination, because there is a contradiction there. Smile   
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 09.09.2013, 10:47    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Gra-ach писал(а):
In this case I agree, but it also trains memory and imagination Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

And takes away these resources from something you'd really want but decide not to do and lie instead Razz   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 13.10.2013, 16:32    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

With conversations there are always actions and reactions. The reactions may seem random, but there is always a treshold of things that cause it. It may be a certain word or the level you emphasis your message, and how clear you are in the message.

In a conversation, there is reaction over and over, and it becomes a flow. And when you are in the same freqvency with the ones you are conversing, you sometimes seem to fill each others sentences. Very Happy   

Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 20.10.2013, 12:45    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Procyona писал(а):
And when you are in the same freqvency with the ones you are conversing, you sometimes seem to fill each others sentences. Very Happy
yeah, learning to listen sometimes needs time and effort Smile   
Skywalker

СообщениеДобавлено: 21.10.2013, 00:21    Заголовок сообщения: Re: Importance of criticism Ответить с цитатой

Haveunique писал(а):

Lying to oneself is one of the biggest triggers for fears... Honesty is a base for mental health. Do you guys and girls think that harsh criticizing comes from fears? My opinion - yes because aggression equals fears. So that means a harsh critic needs compassion in the first place.

I think that harsh criticizing comes from something you (or the one who criticizes) have done to the person (or somebody you associate him or her with) that you know is unfair or destructive.
By criticizing one can try to explain those actions and claim that it was OK that he did that.
It looks like "well, I did all this s..t to him, but see - he's not so good either, so he deserves it".   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 21.10.2013, 16:09    Заголовок сообщения: Re: Importance of criticism Ответить с цитатой

Skywalker писал(а):
Haveunique писал(а):

Lying to oneself is one of the biggest triggers for fears... Honesty is a base for mental health. Do you guys and girls think that harsh criticizing comes from fears? My opinion - yes because aggression equals fears. So that means a harsh critic needs compassion in the first place.

I think that harsh criticizing comes from something you (or the one who criticizes) have done to the person (or somebody you associate him or her with) that you know is unfair or destructive.
By criticizing one can try to explain those actions and claim that it was OK that he did that.
It looks like "well, I did all this s..t to him, but see - he's not so good either, so he deserves it".

And sadly that kind of thinking does not even up anything; life is never fair Very Happy   

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun community Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
На страницу Пред.  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  След.
Страница 3 из 5

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.