Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

To trust or not to trust

На страницу Пред.  1, 2, 3  След.
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Personal growth
To trust or not to trust
Автор Сообщение
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 01.08.2013, 11:22    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Thank you Tetyana, I'm on it Smile It's a book to read, Valentina.   
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Валентина Слободянюк
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 01.08.2013, 11:48    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

understood Smile thank you Milla Wink   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 26.11.2013, 16:51    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Recently I have come back to the topic Irene started here - Can you trust someone teaching you and how much can you trust them.

But, now I am considered in another matter related to this: If there is someone you trust, how can you best learn from that person? Of how deep can the trust alter your actions? Can you for instance copy the teachers manners, like for instance the way she or he adresses a person? What do you think forum mates?

I think that you can learn a lot by trying out different ways of life and see how you feel of them. But to continue with a manner, you would need to be sure you do it for the right reason - blindly following does not give results. In my opinion, the best way I can learn from a person - any person - is to pay attention to what he is doing, and also how you feel in that situation, watching or copying that action.   

Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 28.11.2013, 01:49    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I think you learn stuff like manners, addressing and so on not because you trust a person per se, but because you respect him/her and they inspire you with their example to become a better person yourself. And because you respect this person you usually trust them, because I can't imagine someone really respecting someone else without trust.   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 28.11.2013, 18:52    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

True point Irene! I think you cannot have one without another - once you trust the person, you also respect him/her, and the other way around. Why do think this is so? For my opinion, respect and trust are so intervined, that they are part of something bigger. I don't know how I would name the bigger thing though Very Happy   
Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 30.11.2013, 18:42    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I think you're right about bigger thing Smile It's not just trust and respect that makes you want to behave in certain situation in a certain way. I think it's also holding this person in a very high esteem and he's a role model in some way. And you definitely like the way they behave and the results they achieve with this kind of behavior. But like you, I can't think of the "bigger" word which will combine all these.   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 30.11.2013, 21:46    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Well, if we want to have all the three ascpects, doesn't being a role model summarize it quite well? Once you have a role model, someone you want to become like, you respect them, and therefore trust them. And because they are some what ahead of you on the thing you want to become like, they are admired, too.

But, I also think you would need to know the role model in person to have a greater bond. It's good to have role models you can view from far away, but if they are nearer to you, closer to skin, you can trust them even more. Smile   

Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 01.12.2013, 00:36    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Procyona писал(а):
Recently I have come back to the topic Irene started here - Can you trust someone teaching you and how much can you trust them.
Trusting others depends on whether one trusts themselves Smile Smile   
https://www.facebook.com/TraditionalWingChunOulu   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 23.04.2014, 21:01    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

The other day a friend asked me if you can trust someone to do something without the trust turning to expectation with time. For instance, you have found someone who loves you, and you can either trust to that love, or you can expect it.

I think the difference between these is that with expectation you only see one option of things, while with trust you agree that there are other options, but still choose your actions according to how you think/trust them to be like. (For instance, you trust the shirt you laid down to be in the same place you left it, even though someone else living with you can move it, or you might remember the place wrong, right?)

That is how I see it, but is there any other views? Also, how do you think expecting and trusting differ? Thank you! Smile   

Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 30.05.2014, 19:14    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I think that when you expect something from someone it means that you think he is obliged to you to do this thing. But when you trust someone to do something, it's because you believe that he will do this thing out of the goodness of his heart not because he thinks that he has to do it. Something like this.   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 30.05.2014, 23:12    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

That sound very true. Thank you for your wisdom Irene Smile

Now that you mention it, expectations are kind of like binding you to a certain event or situation. And when something else happens, you freak out. But with trust you can freak out the same way as well. Very Happy maybe it's the amount of trust that then matters. I trust the sun to rise tomorrow, but I also trust that my fridge works, and I have clear water.

By the way, how does assumpition differ from expactation? Is that a milder version of the same thing? Or maybe assumtion is a theory based on facts, when expectation is based on a feeling. Smile   

Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 03.06.2014, 21:17    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Procyona писал(а):
That sound very true. Thank you for your wisdom Irene Smile

You make me sound like a 90 year old lady with a bunch of great-great-grandchildren Smile

Procyona писал(а):
By the way, how does assumpition differ from expactation? Is that a milder version of the same thing? Or maybe assumtion is a theory based on facts, when expectation is based on a feeling. Smile

I think assumptions are just our imagination multiplied by our previous experience and our wishes and wants Smile I think they are more vague than expectations. I feel that it's the other way around: assumtions are based on feelings and experience and expectations are based on previous experience and agreements. |t least it's the first thing that comes to mind.   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 04.06.2014, 12:44    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Gra-ach писал(а):
You make me sound like a 90 year old lady with a bunch of great-great-grandchildren Smile

Or maybe I am only like 3 years old in comparison Very Happy

Gra-ach писал(а):
I feel that it's the other way around: assumtions are based on feelings and experience and expectations are based on previous experience and agreements.

And here I thought that assumptions would be just hard core intellect, but now that you say it, the intellect can be based on experience and emotions as well. Very Happy What I mean is that if I assume the sun will rise tomorrow, it becomes a fact, but it is based on previous experience.   

Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 05.06.2014, 09:13    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Procyona писал(а):
Gra-ach писал(а):

Or maybe I am only like 3 years old in comparison Very Happy

Do not ever think that you "aren't old enough". It is all about experience and you just have different, which doesn't say it's better or worse, it's just different. And maybe your point of view is correct and I'm wrong.

Procyona писал(а):

Gra-ach писал(а):
I feel that it's the other way around: assumtions are based on feelings and experience and expectations are based on previous experience and agreements.

And here I thought that assumptions would be just hard core intellect, but now that you say it, the intellect can be based on experience and emotions as well. Very Happy What I mean is that if I assume the sun will rise tomorrow, it becomes a fact, but it is based on previous experience.

I don't think you would say something along the lines of "I assume the sun will rise tomorrow" unless something happened and it's not a fact. I think you can say something like "I assume it's going to rain" because it's cloudy but you haven't heard the forecast. And you'll say "I expect rain sometime today" because it's cloudy and the weatherman said that it's going to rain.   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 05.06.2014, 19:10    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Gra-ach писал(а):
Do not ever think that you "aren't old enough". It is all about experience and you just have different, which doesn't say it's better or worse, it's just different. And maybe your point of view is correct and I'm wrong.

I don't think there are such things as right or wrong, but views are just different with different paths and different lives. Thank you Smile

Gra-ach писал(а):
I don't think you would say something along the lines of "I assume the sun will rise tomorrow" unless something happened and it's not a fact. I think you can say something like "I assume it's going to rain" because it's cloudy but you haven't heard the forecast. And you'll say "I expect rain sometime today" because it's cloudy and the weatherman said that it's going to rain.

I see your point now. Wow, I thought I knew how to use that word but I indeed did not. So much to work on, so many things to find. Very Happy   

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Personal growth Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
На страницу Пред.  1, 2, 3  След.
Страница 2 из 3

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.