Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

Tension and pain

На страницу Пред.  1, 2
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun Practice
Tension and pain
Автор Сообщение
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 28.10.2013, 22:01    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Procyona писал(а):
Haveunique писал(а):
Gra-ach писал(а):
Actually it was one of the points of relaxation seminar I attended. The trainer said that our brain and therefore body is so used to the strain that it doesn't feel it anymore as strain but rather as a "normal" conduct. And if we relieve strain in our body then our mind will feel it too and will apply released resources to other things and this relaxation will spread to ther regions.
Agree with you, Ira! It takes patience and skill to actually learn where those tensions are, and then a good work with ego to admit that we've been doing something wrong with ourselves... Smile
Indeed! And this insight about tension also shows pretty well what needs to be done to reverse it Wink

And what is it, Milla? Smile   

https://www.facebook.com/TraditionalWingChunOulu   
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 28.10.2013, 22:03    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

How about writing here some ways to relieve pain and tension, the more creative the better? The ones you have used and which worked for you?

One approach that totally fascinates me is what mothers use to save their children from getting upset. They help their kids shift their focus and get interested in something other than what was bothering them. When it is done with love and skillfully, this approach can work anywhere and we can use it ourselves for ourselves... Wink   

https://www.facebook.com/TraditionalWingChunOulu   
Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 02.11.2015, 23:53    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Ask Well: Why Do Muscles Ache a Day or Two After Exercise?

Welcome to the equivocal effects of delayed onset muscle soreness, the scientific term for aches that accumulate and intensify a day or two after a strenuous workout. Usually, D.O.M.S. involves not just pain but also “loss of strength and range of motion in the affected area,” said Scott Sailor, a professor of kinesiology at Fresno State University in Fresno, Calif., and the president of the National Athletic Trainers’ Association.

D.O.M.S. commonly occurs after exercise that involves lengthening muscles while they contract, Dr. Sailor said, such as running downhill. But it can develop after any exertion that is more intense or prolonged than is normal for you.

Such strenuous workouts can cause multiple slight tears to the muscle tissue, after which a variety of cells and substances migrate to these muscles to help them start healing.

Interestingly, these substances are not necessarily the same as those that arrive after a more severe muscle injury. Molecules that promote inflammation and swelling, for instance, tend to predominate in tissues affected by a serious injury, but can be absent in tissue affected by D.O.M.S., recent studies show.

Similarly, “there was a time when we attributed the muscle soreness to lactic acid,” Dr. Sailor said. “We have now learned that lactic acid leaves the muscle so quickly” that it cannot be involved in causing D.O.M.S.

In essence, researchers remain puzzled about what cellular reactions cause D.O.M.S.

Likewise, there is controversy about how best to treat it.

“Various treatments have been attempted over the years,” said Dr. Sailor, including massage, icing and anti-inflammatory painkillers. “At best, they have decreased the perception of pain,” he said, but only temporarily. No treatment yet has been shown to actually reduce the length of time that muscles remain sore and weak.

So if you do develop D.O.M.S., accept that, for the next five to seven days, you are going to be sore. Refrain from strenuous exercise during this time, Dr. Sailor said, although gentle walking is fine.

And, if it is any consolation, your muscles should be stronger after they recover.

In your future workouts, Dr. Sailor said, increasing the duration or intensity gradually should increase strength and fitness to limit the potential of experiencing the effects of D.O.M.S.

* http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/11/02/ask-well-why-do-muscles-ache-a-day-or-two-after-exercise/   

Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 02.11.2015, 23:58    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

So I came across this article in NY Times about pain and soreness.

I can say that if you exercise that next day with at least half of the effort, you will be less sore and if you exercise the day after next you will be right as rain.

I had a really grilling trampoline jumping session one Sunday - I worked out for three hours with short pauses. So on Monday I felt some muscles that I didn't realize I had Smile But after a WC training on Monday I didn't feel bad on Tuesday, because I worked out.   

Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 03.11.2015, 00:02    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

One more article on the subject: http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/sore-muscles-dont-stop-exercising   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 05.11.2015, 17:56    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Gra-ach писал(а):
So I came across this article in NY Times about pain and soreness.

I can say that if you exercise that next day with at least half of the effort, you will be less sore and if you exercise the day after next you will be right as rain.

I had a really grilling trampoline jumping session one Sunday - I worked out for three hours with short pauses. So on Monday I felt some muscles that I didn't realize I had Smile But after a WC training on Monday I didn't feel bad on Tuesday, because I worked out.

Thank you for the article, Irene. Smile I have not done as much intensive workout for some time, and actually feel low energy and pains if I don't do some workout/yoga/dance-walking for two to three of hours each day. Maybe it's the middle way path that works the wonders? Very Happy   

Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 09.11.2015, 17:33    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Well, may be. But I was talking more about the situation when you've already done exercises and you feel not so good the next day. So to lessen the effect you may do the lighter version of the same exercises.   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 09.11.2015, 21:11    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Hm, I remember having such a pain as a child, but not much even when I was practicing for a marathon. Then I was running almost every day. Smile

I only know you need some days of relaxing between the days of workout to recover. A number of rest days depend on the cycle you have for practising (4 days, 7 days or 10 days cycles, for example).

Also, lying down the day after a huge workout might not be as relaxing as a little stretching, walking or yoga.   

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun Practice Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
На страницу Пред.  1, 2
Страница 2 из 2

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.