Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

Thinking and doing

На страницу 1, 2  След.
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Personal growth
Thinking and doing
Автор Сообщение
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 07.05.2013, 10:32    Заголовок сообщения: Thinking and doing Ответить с цитатой

There are times when we need to think, and times where we need to act, sometimes immediately and without a moment to think.

Are there ways to become better at any of the processes? How do you improve yourself in these directions? Thanks!

My view - every now and then I need to stop and analyze my results and create vision for next steps. However, at the same time I am learning to trust myself and act upon intuition otherwise. Then stop and check again, and so on.   

https://www.facebook.com/TraditionalWingChunOulu   
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Иван

СообщениеДобавлено: 07.05.2013, 15:13    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

If you feel, that you need to think, and you don't know what to do - you should stop and think.
But if thinking takes more than 1 day - i think that the time of decission is not come yet, and you should to continue doing, untill you will know the result exactly.   
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение Отправить e-mail
Артем Лысенко
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 07.05.2013, 15:18    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

The matter of meaning to me is, how quick do i have to responde to to impulse from the inside or outside that is given. Sometimes, it is more likely to sit comfortable and to think about the further steps. Butm that is not effective. When i have an idea firstly appeared in my mind, i got first impression of what result i should reach for. However, while i'm hear sitting and thinking about it the amount of possibilities and opportunities changing every second. Sometimes i just feel it like a clear statement in my mind: "Hey, you're losing your life time. STOP". So, after acquiting my self with wing chun, i've gain one perfect instrument - simle idea of "DOING". Now, i'm on my way to practisize it every day. In generally, when i have another new idea in my mind i make an effort to do anything (often it doesnt matter what) in direction of this idea. It helps do catch the opportunities which come along with this idea exactly at that moment of time. And simply this one action could lead to a result which you could (of course, if it is worth it) analyze, correct your actions and move forward. To summ up my oppinion, i would like to say, that very important to me ist to understand whether i like to participate in the idea or not. And this i can find only inside of my heart, just simply listening to it.
So, listen to your self very carefully it helps to act quickly and effectively   

Режиссер

СообщениеДобавлено: 08.05.2013, 11:21    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

The more you train the faster your movements. The faster your moves, the less time for thinking. I've noticed that I just don't have any chance to think when your body uses it's reflexes. It helps a lot in daily life. You start acting much faster in a right way without thinking.   
Валентина Слободянюк
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 08.05.2013, 12:03    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

The same is true for the life out of the gym. If you act - you have no time to fear. So, when I was able to do someting I needed without thinking about people's opinions or the resons or about will I succeed or not, I can do things I never thought I able to.[/list]   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 08.05.2013, 17:01    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

For me, in this case, thinking would mean making a decision of same matter and acting taking an action of the same decision. This way they cannot be done at the same time.

If it takes too much of my energy to decide something, I'd rather just act, anyway I feel is best at that moment. Once I have done something I can better judge if the action was as I wanted it to be. If not, I change the approach.

Thinking is slow, action is fast. The best way I can act efficiently is to make a decition, and the faster I make it, intuitionally or not, the faster I can act. For this matter training intuition makes you more efficient, as the actions seems to arise on their own. For me, this means that the intuition has a base on a former thought answers.

For me, I get best outcomes on decision making when I just give the thoughts some time, even though I may not be actively thinking them trought. Writing or running gives me time to listen my inner voice, to understand the situation what I want to do the most, and then the action comes forth as on it's own. To act on intuition, to my opinoin, I need these kinds of 'thinking windows'.   

Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 10.05.2013, 16:19    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

How about thinking in the process of acting, when action and thought go together at the same time? Does anyone practice that at any time?

I get to this point when I don't have to think about basic things like, how I am and what my life is about, but when I am fully in the process of doing and still aware of what and how I am doing. In this case thoughts move along the process, help and guide it quite efficiently.   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 10.05.2013, 22:11    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

As I understood you, Tetyana, for me that kind of thing happens in an unconrtolled manner only. In those moments I am fully concentrating in the moment, and my movements and thoughts go together as a flow. But, the thoughts are not conscious thoughts, but rather formless, not as voiced as comparison to rationalising an voiced answer for instance. It is a nice feeling, though, and I can get much done with it. Smile   
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 10.05.2013, 23:01    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Here is a guy who has a lot to say about this topic, actually. His name is CT Fletcher: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=x5xXsdWRaFw

At this point I got nothing to add!! Razz Very Happy   

Артем Лысенко
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 11.05.2013, 00:44    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Tanya, thank you for the video, very impressive. The only thing i can add is:"If you have started something, make shure, that you do your best to make it done, or don't you dare to start it at all"Smile   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 12.05.2013, 14:40    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Good point there, Кот! It is not very efficient to change goals all the time. One should have confidense to stand behind what he or she has chosen to work for Smile   
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 12.05.2013, 15:17    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Кот писал(а):
Tanya, thank you for the video, very impressive. The only thing i can add is:"If you have started something, make shure, that you do your best to make it done, or don't you dare to start it at all"Smile

I agree, Artem! There is no such thing as "not doing one's best" but rather goals that can be more inspiring than anything else. Again everything comes to being honest with oneself. This guy CT Fletcher is honest!!   

Артем Лысенко
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 12.05.2013, 17:57    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

It also meant, that it shouldn't be exactely the same result that you've expected. Life is changing all the time. But sure ALL your efforts and strenghts putted in it. ONLY, in such way you wouldn't be blaiming your self in the end that the result is different.   
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 13.05.2013, 13:22    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Blame comes when a person is moving away from love towards suffering. As soon as they realize that, they can find all the tools to return back to love.   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 13.05.2013, 23:51    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Кот писал(а):
It also meant, that it shouldn't be exactely the same result that you've expected. Life is changing all the time. But sure ALL your efforts and strenghts putted in it. ONLY, in such way you wouldn't be blaiming your self in the end that the result is different.

The thing is, that you cannot see the results before you try. You can only make a decision best suited for the moment. In best cases, you would make the same decition even if you knew the consequencies did not match your goal.   

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Personal growth Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
На страницу 1, 2  След.
Страница 1 из 2

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.