Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

Concept of Balance

На страницу Пред.  1, 2, 3  След.
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun Practice
Concept of Balance
Автор Сообщение
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 30.07.2013, 21:42    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Your comment reminded of a post that needed to be posted http://ouluwingchun.wordpress.com/2013/07/30/rainmaker/ if anyone knows the original source, please let me know, I will cite it!
Constantly working on it, Milla! Once I started paying attention, it never ends Confused Confused Razz Razz Smile Smile Surprised   

https://www.facebook.com/TraditionalWingChunOulu   
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 18.08.2013, 13:54    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Indeed, it is a never ending process Very Happy And because the environment is never the same, there is no way to even prepare for it.   
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 19.08.2013, 15:44    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

True things change but there are ways to be prepared actually. As much as we can, there is never a guarantee... We're learning some of them. Which ones do you feel they are, Milla?   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 19.08.2013, 19:27    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

If I think of it this way: Awareness, so that I were to notice the moment of change, and balance to be the base for reaction. Also staying relaxed helps supporting both of these. Smile   
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 19.08.2013, 19:37    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

SiFu often says: do all you can, and come what may Cool Cool   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 21.09.2013, 20:15    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Wise words; why indeed limit myself if I can do more than just what I can name Smile   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 25.09.2013, 16:00    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

For body balance, it's nice to do Siu Lim Tao on one foot. Even though the movements are the same, making it more simple makes me notice how unbalanced I was even on two feet.

Also, training on uneven ground is good practice to train more solid grip. I would also like to try practicing on a boat sometimes, would be so awesome Very Happy   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 01.10.2013, 08:24    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Training in mud is quite good a practise as well; the ground is both slippery and stichy, so you need to do more foot work to even lift the feet of the ground, not to mention to stay in balance. Hard work Very Happy   
Валентина Слободянюк
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 04.10.2013, 13:57    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

When the ground is slippery it is where the real work beggins!) its also useful to work on the sand from time to time)   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 05.10.2013, 09:32    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Yes, but even a groud that bends under your weight is better for balance practise than solid ground. I have not tried sand yet, but I imagine that depending on the depth and the exercises the training can become quite intensive Smile   
Валентина Слободянюк
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 05.10.2013, 10:48    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

intensive enough)) but it's a good thing in our trainings, isn't it?))   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 06.10.2013, 17:34    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Yes, for intance I did not even realise how imbalanced I was before I tried training in different environment! It brings new challenges Smile   
Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 10.10.2013, 12:43    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Procyona писал(а):
I have not tried sand yet, but I magine that depending on the depth and the exercises the training can become quite intensive Smile

You don't say Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Besides, if while working on sand you or your partner falls and you have to keep going, it becomes a nice way to learn how to dodge sand when it flies into your eyes and mouth form your partner's hands Smile   

Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 18.11.2013, 11:15    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Speaking of balance, how much change or progress have you achieved with your First Form working, dear forum mates? Recently I've been feeling that the more I learn the form the harder it gets Very Happy In terms of balance as well... It could also be that my initial ideas about balance were not realistic and now hopefully I am nearing the real ones Smile   
Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 18.11.2013, 18:10    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I guess with every year I study I find something new in the First Form. At the beginning it was hard to relax while doing the movements and I couldn't concentrate and my moves were jerky. When I actually remembered what goes after what I started paying attention to other details, like position of my fists, correctness of movements, eye contact with certain point, relaxation of middle and unused muscles. When I look at myself doing the First Form, my spine is streighter, balance is better - I don't lean neither forwards nor backwards. But there's still much to learn to be able to pay attention to every detail at once and not one after another.   
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun Practice Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
На страницу Пред.  1, 2, 3  След.
Страница 2 из 3

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.