Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

Silence

На страницу Пред.  1, 2, 3
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun community
Silence
Автор Сообщение
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 06.10.2013, 17:44    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Валя писал(а):
For me - concentration on my breath is the concentration on my body, on me. when the beginner (and not only beginners, of course) starts to work on fast speed in wing chun, he usually hold his breath, the tension grows, he (or better - we) forgets about the opponents elbows, becomes nervous, irritated and he already see nothing around (a front of) him. and do not observe his own reactions. there is no silence inside without the continuous respiration, I think Smile

Well put, that is how it was and is for me, too. Very Happy But sometimes just breathing does not work for me, if it attaches me from the environment. So, while breathing I also need to pay attenstion to where I am, what I am doing and why to calm down again.   

Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 10.10.2013, 12:52    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

For me if I concentrate on one thing (be it breathing, or following my hand movements with me eyes to check if they are what I think they are), I get distracted from anything else. Meaning that I can't concentrate on breathing and elbows at the same time. On the other hand if I don't concentrate at all and don't stop my brain from doing what it's supposed to do I get a more or less desired result. I remember on the last seminar, SiFu and I were doing a simple move. And I couldn't even spot the moment when his elbow disappeared from my sight and his fist connected with my head. But when I relaxed and decided not to concentrate on anything (there was no point, I was never going to consciously catch his movement) I was much better at trying to block his hand.   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 11.10.2013, 09:13    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Wow, that sounds great Irene! I guess when you let go of control, you can see things more freely. But it sounds very scary to just be concentrate on nothing when you are hit Very Happy   
Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 15.10.2013, 15:59    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

When you let go of control, you switch from your conscious mind doing things to your unconscious mind. And the latter is so much faster (and bigger chunk of the brain). Of course, to work effectively your mind needs to have a base on which to work - if your muscles don't remember movements, it won't work. It's like an intuition - your brain "sees" patterns and make "predictions" on what's going to happen.

For example, when I descend the stairs I don't pay attention to my every movement (how I take my foot of one step, turn my thighs, put my foot down the other step, find the balance again and so on), I just do it. But when in the middle of the perfectly good move I turn my attention to what exactly I'm doing I can easily lose my balance, misjudge length and so on. In some way it's the same. You really concentrate on what you're going to do, you prepare to do the actual move and while you're doing it, your look at your opponents elbow but don't really see it. And maybe your brain wants to start doing something, but your conscious mind prevents it from happening, because, of course, you're in control of your movements.

It's just my take on the situation, which may or may not be correct. And it does go against the idea of being conscious and in control Smile But it does include the "just react to your opponents actions" part. Though one does need the base from which to draw these reactions.   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 16.10.2013, 18:41    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Gra-ach писал(а):
It's just my take on the situation, which may or may not be correct. And it does go against the idea of being conscious and in control Smile But it does include the "just react to your opponents actions" part. Though one does need the base from which to draw these reactions.

The idea I get by your description is not just that the action itself is conscious, (certainly is not, if you do not think it fisrt), but in the moment of reaction you are in the moment, right?

I had one opportunity like that when I hurt my toe, and I had started to relax right after the hit. Which is funny, because I had not yet consciously realised I was in pain Very Happy I think it was because my uncouscious mind was free of other work (because I was conscious of the moment) and had more capasity to react in the situation.   

Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 17.10.2013, 10:21    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Procyona писал(а):
in the moment of reaction you are in the moment

Well, I don't think so. At least it doesn't correspond with my idea of being in the moment.   

Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 17.10.2013, 15:13    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Today's event with many people training confirmed the idea of silence Very Happy We adults cannot do anything but talk when we talk.... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy   
https://www.facebook.com/TraditionalWingChunOulu   
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun community Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
На страницу Пред.  1, 2, 3
Страница 3 из 3

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.