Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

Silence

На страницу Пред.  1, 2, 3  След.
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun community
Silence
Автор Сообщение
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 09.09.2013, 10:50    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

It's also important to have places where one can be in silence whenever wishing.   
https://www.facebook.com/TraditionalWingChunOulu   
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 09.09.2013, 20:48    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Well yes, any kind of privacy is mayor thing for human health: if you cannot be alone when you need to, it can affect big time. But even in extreme cases you can learn to not care about the noise and take a refuge in your mind. Very Happy   
Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 10.09.2013, 17:13    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I think a person need these silent moments to ponder over reality, what's happening, make some decisions without rushing. And it's not like we have a lot of these moments to actually stop and think of what's happening, we're always trying to move somewhere, to do something, as if we're hurried along the line to some goal or without it.   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 14.09.2013, 16:25    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Gra-ach писал(а):
I think a person need these silent moments to ponder over reality, what's happening, make some decisions without rushing. And it's not like we have a lot of these moments to actually stop and think of what's happening, we're always trying to move somewhere, to do something, as if we're hurried along the line to some goal or without it.

And maybe that is why we need about eight hours of sleep every night Very Happy   

Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 15.09.2013, 14:37    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I think it's different: sleep and being alone. It's completely different feeling when you're calm (I mean all of you is calm, your mind is silent, your body is relaxed and your thoughts are either silent or they drift on their own) and when you're sleeping (you don't know what's going on in your mind at this point). And depending on the quality of your sleeping you may feel much more relaxed after being on your own when no one disturbs your solitude.   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 16.09.2013, 21:18    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Being alone and sleeping are different things, you are right at that. But, they are both times when the brain arranges the things it has, more or less outside the rush of the normal day. Even though I cannot know what goes on my head during sleep, it is not actively working on making something concreate. The difference between being alone and sleeping is indeed how aware you can be of the process.

But, being alone does not neccesarily mean you are calm either. Very Happy   

Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 16.09.2013, 23:20    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Can we say that silence is when there is no inner dialogue in our head? At least for me this is a rather awesome state I like to be in! But it's not so easy to get into it, I need to work prior to feeling that way Smile   
https://www.facebook.com/TraditionalWingChunOulu   
Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 17.09.2013, 11:53    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Maybe, or maybe it's a peace and calmness within you.   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 21.09.2013, 20:11    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

So, silence is not just the outside, but inside. I like that idea Smile Then it would not neccesarily depend on where you are, but how you are there.   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 22.09.2013, 20:22    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Silence can be also the slowness of the inner dialog, or the feeling of flow, where you concentrate purely on one thing only. In this state the mind might be slow, but actions can be fast. Indeed a nice state to be in. Smile

And I'd say that peace and calmness go together with slow or non-dialog mind.   

Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 23.09.2013, 17:26    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Procyona писал(а):
So, silence is not just the outside, but inside. I like that idea Smile Then it would not neccesarily depend on where you are, but how you are there.

Well, I think this inner silence is sometimes (or most of the times) more important than outer Smile Noone can really get inside your head if you don't permit them and it's so much more relaxing to just be and enjoy your being Very Happy Cool   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 03.10.2013, 12:41    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Gra-ach писал(а):
Procyona писал(а):

Well, I think this inner silence is sometimes (or most of the times) more important than outer Smile Noone can really get inside your head if you don't permit them and it's so much more relaxing to just be and enjoy your being Very Happy Cool

Indeed, and it is not just to be taken for granted! It is the best feeling when you can just be aware of yourself and accept every thing you are, inside and outside. Very Happy

And sometimes it helps to find inner silence when you have outside silence as well. At least when you are learning to find it.   

Валентина Слободянюк
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 04.10.2013, 13:28    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

If you can focus on one thing, for example on your breath, you can observe the silence inside for some time. even if something bothers you from outside.   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 05.10.2013, 09:37    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Thank you for the tip Valentina. Following the breath is sometimes used in meditation as well, and that, the way I understood it, is indeed a search for inner peace and quiet. Very Happy

For me, the method to find silence depends on what causes the noice in the first place. If the noice is from inside, I can calm down by seeing the surroundings. If the noice is from outside, then concentrating on myself is better. Combining both works even better Smile   

Валентина Слободянюк
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 05.10.2013, 10:38    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

For me - concentration on my breath is the concentration on my body, on me. when the beginner (and not only beginners, of course) starts to work on fast speed in wing chun, he usually hold his breath, the tension grows, he (or better - we) forgets about the opponents elbows, becomes nervous, irritated and he already see nothing around (a front of) him. and do not observe his own reactions. there is no silence inside without the continuous respiration, I think Smile   
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun community Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
На страницу Пред.  1, 2, 3  След.
Страница 2 из 3

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.