Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

Silence

На страницу 1, 2, 3  След.
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun community
Silence
Автор Сообщение
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 18.04.2013, 19:44    Заголовок сообщения: Silence Ответить с цитатой

In training session we are working silently, and there is also silence between confersations. People usually need silence to fall asleep and to concentrate. What kind of role does silence have in your lives and how do you define silence?

For me silence means a time for myself, and also a time for relaxation. In silence I can just listen to rain fall or birds singing. This kind of natural silence is reraly found in the city, as the ftraffic noice is everywhere. That is why I like to travel to forest, to hear the silent whisper of the woods.

In conversations, silence might be awkward, but it can also mean politeness. That way the other person is let to end his or her talk before I start mine. With good friends, it does not matter if we don't talk, because silence itself contains so many things, as we can already read each other without words.   

Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 18.04.2013, 22:27    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

While speaking, people usually can't do what they do with a 100% devotion. Also, being silent for a while in a life where talking takes so much place, is a great treat Smile And by the way, the approach to conversing, common in Finland, is an experience to learn from on how to appreciate silence! Cool   
https://www.facebook.com/TraditionalWingChunOulu   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 19.04.2013, 17:16    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

How do you feel about the Finnish silence then, Tetyana?   
Сифу Юрий Марченко
Sihing

СообщениеДобавлено: 21.04.2013, 21:55    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Silence is really a very effective tool, in negotiations, in training also. Some of my students told me, that after the first training they really appreciated the silence as a working atmosphere in training room. It allows to students to learn more and understand better, to focus on instructor and partner.   
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 22.04.2013, 19:19    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Procyona писал(а):
How do you feel about the Finnish silence then, Tetyana?
At first it was a bit unusual but when I learned that it's a common way to communicate, taking pauses whenever anyone feels like, it became understandable. But at first I was not sure what to make of it.   
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 22.04.2013, 19:20    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Thank you, SiHing! Also, word becomes a stronger tool when it is used sparingly.   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 23.04.2013, 09:49    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

It's true: word become more precious when they are used less. Smile

Sometime silence also works as a way to make someone talk, as it indicates a will to listen better than any persuasion.   

Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 23.04.2013, 20:00    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

And sometimes it's a way of intimidation of another being. It depends on how you feel about silence and as you said, Procyona, how at peace you feel with whoever you're silent with. Sometimes you don't need words, because even being silent together is a token of trust and reassurance.   
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 24.04.2013, 00:42    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Yeah, we were just talking about it today - that silence may mean different things, and usually our reaction shows our stereotypes Smile In fact, silence is silence and each person is different. So by getting to know someone we can learn what things mean to them, but guesswork before can be frustrating or fun, but in both cases a waste of time.   
Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 25.04.2013, 18:35    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Well, you may add meaning to your silence. You know like when a teacher asks a question and makes a pause before choosing a student to answer Smile And in this pause, good students are frantically trying to recall the answer to the posed question.   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 25.04.2013, 21:25    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Yes, silence can held so many different meanings to people in different times and places, because there is no verbal sign of what it means. Sometimes people assume the silence as what they want it to be.
Also, silence is not just a lack of noise, it's full of noises we cannot, or choose not to hear Smile   

Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 02.06.2013, 20:00    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

What meaning do you have for your silence?

For example, when I am completely in the process of work, I don't even think of talking. Distractions happen but I just note them happening and continue my stuff. How is it with you? Thanks.   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 03.06.2013, 21:41    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Thanks Tetyana. While working silently, it is natural for to the mind to wander, and 'talk' about other things than the task at hand. It's nice if you feel you can easily come back to tasks. Smile

Silence means many things for me. While I work, my silence means I am open for information, but only from the directing of what I am working on. Conversationwise It tells I want to hear more. I may be also silent if I am wondering the ideas just given to me, and add it to other knowledge I have.   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 26.06.2013, 21:00    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Reposing a moment in silence or stillness lets your mind ease for too much hassle. That way it is becomes clearer to see where you wan to go. It kind of feels like you resonance with yourself. Very Happy

This state is easy to attain by going for a walk into woods, for instance. When I once had a weekend long hiking trip in wilderness, I was at first very frustrated because I had nothing else to do but walk, cook, eat and sleep, and we traveled in silence most of the time. But after a while, it felt really peaceful and homy, and was totally worth it. Smile   

Kuzart

СообщениеДобавлено: 26.06.2013, 21:19    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I had familiar situation, when I was alone in Montenegro last summer. During that week I was talking only 2 or 3 times, and between that moments I was traveling, reading, swimming and eating only good seafood Smile It was great holidays.   

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun community Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
На страницу 1, 2, 3  След.
Страница 1 из 3

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.