Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

Training process: questions, answers, suggestions

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun Practice
Training process: questions, answers, suggestions
Автор Сообщение
Martin

СообщениеДобавлено: 19.02.2013, 01:21    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Haveunique писал(а):
Fanda, can you specify which exercises? Thank you!

I have suggestion, can we try some exercises where we are turning even with our stands i.e we are begining in left stance and we are ending in right stance? These are difficult for me everytime, so I think I should practise them more.   
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Fanda

СообщениеДобавлено: 20.02.2013, 18:39    Заголовок сообщения: answer Ответить с цитатой

Haveunique писал(а):
Fanda, can you specify which exercises? Thank you!

For me are almost all excercises interesting, I belive that you can see, what we need. I would like to have some package from the wing chun in the end of april, if possible. To know what we learned and to have a feeling that we can say that we learned basic things in wing chun.

About some realy interesting excercises: protection against kicks, excercises when we are dropping our partner in the end on the floor, excercises where we can try to protect ourselves against other martial arts (boxing for example)   
Martin

СообщениеДобавлено: 08.03.2013, 19:41    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I have another idea. When we can learn in WCH defence against weapons knife or baseball bat? Is it even possible to learn as a part of it? I saw several videos on youtube so it could be so I´m curious.

Thanks for respond.   
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 09.03.2013, 14:24    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Martin, thanks for the question. Unfortunately, I'm not able to teach you defense against knife. I will tell you what my SiFu said when our group was asking questions about knife. The best tool against knife is - to run!! If you cannot run, the best you can do is stay calm and in control of yourself, and only then may come some action. For now our group has enough work on self-awareness and relaxation, and now more than ever I am sure it is N1 priority.   
https://www.facebook.com/TraditionalWingChunOulu   
Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 11.03.2013, 16:10    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

My comment may sound completely out of place (because I don't know you, your skill-set at this point and what exactly you're doing at your training sessions) but what I can tell from my experience (what I have from training for a little more than a year and one time when we were "playing" with a knife): you're not ready to have classes on how to defend yourself from the knife! You need to work on your relaxation, on adequate reaction to your partner moves.

Can you honestly say that you, at least most of the times, react to what your partner does? And if (s)he does something unexpected you can counter his(her) move? Choose the right place to stand? And I'm not talking about fast moves. Even slow ones. Do you actually see both elbows and both knees when you're working? Or do you catch yourself sometimes that you're not paying attention to what's going on even if you see what your partner does?

And now imagine that you have to react to the very same move when your partner has a sharp knife in his hand?   

Martin

СообщениеДобавлено: 11.03.2013, 23:27    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Haveunique писал(а):
Martin, thanks for the question. Unfortunately, I'm not able to teach you defense against knife. I will tell you what my SiFu said when our group was asking questions about knife. The best tool against knife is - to run!! If you cannot run, the best you can do is stay calm and in control of yourself, and only then may come some action. For now our group has enough work on self-awareness and relaxation, and now more than ever I am sure it is N1 priority.

Thanks for respond Tetyana and also thanks for sharing SiFu knowledge.It makes sence.   
Martin

СообщениеДобавлено: 11.03.2013, 23:28    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Gra-ach писал(а):
My comment may sound completely out of place (because I don't know you, your skill-set at this point and what exactly you're doing at your training sessions) but what I can tell from my experience (what I have from training for a little more than a year and one time when we were "playing" with a knife): you're not ready to have classes on how to defend yourself from the knife! You need to work on your relaxation, on adequate reaction to your partner moves.

Can you honestly say that you, at least most of the times, react to what your partner does? And if (s)he does something unexpected you can counter his(her) move? Choose the right place to stand? And I'm not talking about fast moves. Even slow ones. Do you actually see both elbows and both knees when you're working? Or do you catch yourself sometimes that you're not paying attention to what's going on even if you see what your partner does?

And now imagine that you have to react to the very same move when your partner has a sharp knife in his hand?

Gra-ach thanks for opinion. I didn´t mean to tell that we should do it, my question is because of curiosity and if it´s usually in WCh to practis this and if yes whan. I agree that I´m not able so for watch my oponent elbows and knees I know that I´m on the begining, but still I´m too much curious to don´t ask what can I expect along the way. Smile   
Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 12.03.2013, 14:55    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Well, if you're interested...
If you go to the Grandmaster's website you'll see grading structure. And on Level 8 you have self defence against knife jab and self defence against knife. On Level 9 you have self defence against stick and later self defence techniques against:
a) Knife
b) Stick
c) Sword
d) Cricket bat, baseball bat etc.
e) Pool cue   

Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 12.03.2013, 15:49    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Thank you, Ira! Martin, you are welcome Razz Wink   
https://www.facebook.com/TraditionalWingChunOulu   
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun Practice Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
Страница 1 из 1

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.