Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

What does your userpicture mean to you?

На страницу 1, 2  След.
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun community
What does your userpicture mean to you?
Автор Сообщение
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 12.02.2013, 18:53    Заголовок сообщения: What does your userpicture mean to you? Ответить с цитатой

I was asked to start this topic, but I'm actually interested to hear why people have chosen a certain picture to reprecent themselves. A picture can tell a thousand words, like they say Smile

I, myself, wanted to have a picture that would go well with my nickname, Procyona. Procyon comes from the brightest star in Canir Mayor constellation (named Procyon A), so first I was looking for pictures of stars. When googling, I also found out that the genus of Raccoons have the same name as the star. I thought that a picture of a raccoon would fit even better, because I adore nature and all things living. Raccoon is an animal that is both cute and clean, but yet has a free and wild nature, and hence they have an image I want to have of myself, too: I want to life free, but also respect the soft sides of myself, too. I also want to be able to wander and run in the beautiful surroundings like the forest I am used to seeing, and to see more of them :3 With this picture, one of my circles close, too, as the first nickname I had was the japanese name of a japanese raccoon dog (different genus, even though they look quite similar).

What is your story behind a picture?   

Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 14.02.2013, 03:01    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Thank you, Milla!

My new, from today, userpic is a Steinway and Sons full-size concert grand piano, which is one of the best grands I know. It feels good to see it everytime I come to the forum as it reminds me of my goals and dreams Cool   

https://www.facebook.com/TraditionalWingChunOulu   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 14.02.2013, 13:28    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Thank you Tetyana. Smile
May I ask then, what are your goals and dreams? How do they connect to the picture?   

Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 18.02.2013, 13:45    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I already have several avatars under my belt. And I think I like the latest one the most of them all.

It has warm collors in it, and the girl looks free, happy and carefree. She looks more like real me than my previous one: at least I spot my posts rightaway when opening forum pages Wink   

Fanda

СообщениеДобавлено: 20.02.2013, 18:47    Заголовок сообщения: help please Ответить с цитатой

Can someone tell me please how can I edit my profile and put there picture? I wanted to do that but I haven´t found it Sad   
Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 20.02.2013, 19:14    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Don't know about English version, but I think it's the same:
- go to "edit profile" menu (near ... FAQ, Search, Users, Groups, Register, Edit Profile, Profile, Messages ...)
- at the bottom of the page, there is a place for your avatar: you can upload it from your computer, provide a link from Internet or choose from a gallery (there are some cute ones Wink )   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 20.02.2013, 20:15    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

At least in my version of the English forum, the Avatar can be changed behind the link named Редактировать профиль (one to the right from the register -link).   
Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 21.02.2013, 11:32    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

You also have the main menu in Russian? That's strange...

Anyways, that's how it looks for me:   

tililim

СообщениеДобавлено: 21.02.2013, 13:37    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I also think it's a great idea to describe one’s vision of logos.

From the very beginning Wing Chun has a well developed system of symbols. If I am not mistaken the flower of the wild plum plant, as seen in my logo, has been adopted as the Wing Chun’s official emblem. (Chinese tradition tells that the blossoming wild plum is the main symbol of spring. Its flowers emerge even before its own leaves appear, often before the snow has melted completely).

In the Wing Chun tradition the five petals symbolizes five of nature’s elements (five types of natural energy). This comprises of water, wood, fire, earth and metal.

Additionally: Number 5 – is one of the fundamental principles of the whole Chinese world, for example:
1. In the Usin system, the five primary elements match the five colours of the primary gamma - black, blue-green, red, yellow and white.
2. Traditional Chinese music consists of five 5 notes.
3. Five tastes of Chinese kitchen.
4. Five types of traditional aroma.
5. Five sense organs – sight, hearing, smell, sense of touch and taste.

So, through the senses a human understands the fullness of the surrounding world. Sight recognizes the five colours. Hearing recognizes the five musical keys. Smell recognizes the five aromas. The sense of touch recognizes the five solid and five hollow organs. Taste reveals the five various tastes.

That is why, during Wing Chun School classes, special attention is afforded to a deep and harmonic development of the sense organs.   

Fanda

СообщениеДобавлено: 28.02.2013, 11:21    Заголовок сообщения: picture Ответить с цитатой

Gra-ach thank you very much! I am going to try!   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 28.02.2013, 21:06    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Gra-ach писал(а):
You also have the main menu in Russian? That's strange...

Yes, but only partly: some head lines are in English, and some in Russian.. which is even stranger Very Happy   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 28.04.2013, 15:45    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I have found a new goal for my life, and wanted to have a new picture to remind me of it. This picture also reminds me that as long I keep looking, I can find something perfectly reflecting what I want to say, even if it may have nothing to do with the features I was actively looking for.   
Faroth

СообщениеДобавлено: 04.04.2015, 09:51    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

My user picture (guy with headphones on) represents me. What I am and do most of my time.   
Faroth

СообщениеДобавлено: 29.03.2016, 18:11    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Found a new user pic which represent my current goal. The white helmet in construction industry is being used by site foremans (my goal), but it can also been seen protecting heads of various visitors, engineers and architects etc.   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 31.03.2016, 20:10    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Faroth писал(а):
Found a new user pic which represent my current goal. The white helmet in construction industry is being used by site foremans (my goal), but it can also been seen protecting heads of various visitors, engineers and architects etc.

Thank you for sharing, Ville-Pekka. Is protecting heads part of your goal?   

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun community Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
На страницу 1, 2  След.
Страница 1 из 2

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.