Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

Other hobbies beside Wing Chun

На страницу 1, 2, 3  След.
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun community
Other hobbies beside Wing Chun
Автор Сообщение
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 16.01.2013, 17:51    Заголовок сообщения: Other hobbies beside Wing Chun Ответить с цитатой

What other hobbies do you have or does Wing Chun take all you free time? What free time activities, sports or non-sports, combine well with practicing Wing Chun?

I used to run a lot before joining the academy, and even though I nowadays do it less than I used to, I think it's good practice for endurance and a great stress management tool.   

Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 16.01.2013, 18:27    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I got into beading when I was 6 or 7 years old, and since then it's a great meditative pastime for me, especially in the times when a lot is going on. Really helps to relax, shut up the inner dialogue for a while and dive into creating.

Also, sometimes I feel like knitting or making hand-made cards. Or some other hand-made fun things, depending on occasion and inspiration Smile

To my mind, any hobbies help to get refreshed and sometimes even see the world from a different perspective Cool   

https://www.facebook.com/TraditionalWingChunOulu   
Художник

СообщениеДобавлено: 17.01.2013, 10:44    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

i used to be a musican in metal band)
3 years pased since i played in a band.
for nowdays i geting stared to study a new instrument - drums Smile
also i like to play basketball and voleyball, in more-less pro level.   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 19.01.2013, 14:37    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Thank you Pa_Dre and Haveaunique. Creating something with your own hands and mind is great, as you can feel pretty god when results are immedialtely seen Smile   
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 19.01.2013, 17:15    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

That's a very good point, Milla! Sometimes doing something where you can see the result very fast, helps to work through the processes where the result is not so immediately visible Cool   
Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 21.01.2013, 14:07    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

My hobby is not so creative Wink I love reading. And learning new things. And these to activities are kinda connected, because you usually can't have one without the other.   
Borys B

СообщениеДобавлено: 21.01.2013, 14:26    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

My hobby is hitchhiking. I rode about 1500 km thru Poland, Germany and Holland.   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 21.01.2013, 18:35    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Borys B писал(а):
My hobby is hitchhiking. I rode about 1500 km thru Poland, Germany and Holland.

That is nice Borys B. Have you learned something valuable from your trip?   

Borys B

СообщениеДобавлено: 21.01.2013, 18:46    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Hey, Procyona, I have gained stereotypes about polish, german and holland nationalities -
polish people are complaining about the life because of germans and russians (WW2 was a cause), germans asked me a lot about life conditions in Ukraine and afterwards they asked - how do you manage to survive?, holland people like to chat very interesting topics and are not concerned nor in history nor in life conditions in Ukraine, there are a lot of engineers in holland and germany =).

Actually when you are travelling thru hitchhicking you can explore country more deeply than you read on wikipedia or learn from news.   
Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 21.01.2013, 22:17    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Borys B писал(а):
how do you manage to survive?

Oh, I just adore when I'm asked this question. People really think that there's no food here and everyone's homeless and so on.

It's actually very good, when people know what's Ukraine and where is it situated. I remember I received on my first job a customs declaration stating that the goods were shipped to the Ukrainian SSR. Our office laughed for at least a week!   

Fanda

СообщениеДобавлено: 15.02.2013, 13:16    Заголовок сообщения: sports as a hobbies Ответить с цитатой

Studying and hard working Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

No I am just kidding, My hobbies are sports! Maybe it can seems like general answer but these days it is no that much truth.........

I thought that If I ask people about hobbies, they usually answers tenis, cycling, swiming or different kind of sport, but I am surprised how many people answered me: watching TV, chatting, computer games . .. . . ..

So tell me guys, where is the population comming theese days?   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 15.02.2013, 22:54    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Oh, I have the opposite view, Fanda, as I think quite many people do sports. But I don't consider sports to be an unsual answer, as most of my friends belong to a cathegory one can call nerds, gamers or readers. And still some of them go to gym, or use bike a lot, or hike, but doesn't consider it to be a hobby. I don't know if the world is changing or not, but not every one likes the same things.   
Borys B

СообщениеДобавлено: 16.02.2013, 15:29    Заголовок сообщения: Re: sports as a hobbies Ответить с цитатой

Fanda писал(а):
but I am surprised how many people answered me: watching TV, chatting, computer games . .. . . ..

So tell me guys, where is the population comming theese days?

IMHO, if the person is happy with such actions and can feel the whole taste of life, why not?

It is like not everyone will be happy to work in investment business and become a millionaire, but there are people who will feel fulfilment of life while working in low paid jobs - in fire brigade, police, rescue team.   
Fanda

СообщениеДобавлено: 28.02.2013, 11:25    Заголовок сообщения: idea of hobbies Ответить с цитатой

I am just surprised, how hobbies were changed in last 500 years, now people even do not want to go out of their houses, cause they have everything. Few hundreds years ago were no TV no PC just outside playing Smile   
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 28.02.2013, 11:37    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Few hundred years is too much, Fanda, I used to play outside as a kid because of no computers Razz   
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun community Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
На страницу 1, 2, 3  След.
Страница 1 из 3

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.