Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

Do you belive on God?

На страницу 1, 2  След.
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Personal growth
Do you belive on God?
Автор Сообщение
Иван

СообщениеДобавлено: 14.12.2012, 16:17    Заголовок сообщения: Do you belive on God? Ответить с цитатой

Do you belive on God?

How do you think, why are so many religions and theories, and which of them is correct?

In my opinion, all religions are talking about one God, but they call him with different names.   
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение Отправить e-mail
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 14.12.2012, 21:39    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Interestingly, we've just been discussing the question of religions with one person recently... and we agreed that faith and religion are two separate things. I believe there are forces so much stronger and smarter than us (we can call it the Universe) that the best thing we can do is learn how to live in this world in the best way we can.

Religion - I think it is great to have faith in what you choose for yourself, but that's a very private matter.

Ivan, why do you think there is one diety and people name it differently? Maybe their gods are different?   

https://www.facebook.com/TraditionalWingChunOulu   
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Режиссер

СообщениеДобавлено: 14.12.2012, 23:21    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I believe in life before death, in my deeds and in cream after shave. That really helps not to put your responsibility on others)   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 14.12.2012, 23:34    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I don't believe in any one god, but because there in no prove, I cannot say that there is not any. So to say, I'm an agnostic/ateist. To me it doesn't matter what people believe in, because we cannot grasp the ultimate truth during our lifetime anyway. (That is something one may know after we die, there is no point worring about the matter while we live.) The point is to life the way you feel comfortable in, to find your own personal truth and way of life. To my point of view, it can be found in religion as well as in any other thing man can devote himself for.

Because I'm a biologist, I tend to explane religious behavior through evolution theory. In this theory religions exist because people tend to see patters even when the is not none (to find other explanations to random events, like the beauty of nature by an unknown deciner). This is reasonable to the survival of the race, as hearing a noice in the bush on the way to homecave, it's better to imagine a lion in the bush when there was none, than left it unnoticed and get eaten by the lion.

Since I'm a non-believer myself, it's hard for me to know why people believe, as they usually just believe and do not consciously choose to do so.

How do you think faith and religion differ, Tetyana? How do you define faith?   

Сифу Юрий Марченко
Sihing

СообщениеДобавлено: 16.12.2012, 23:51    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

The question of religion is very theoretic: a lot of different views, and not many proves. The human person may use the same thing for different goals, for example, to use knife to kill, or to prepare the deliciouse food. The same people can do with religion, to use to start war, or dedicate all teir life to promote the peace. As for me, I believe in Universe laws, it is more realistic for me.   
Иван

СообщениеДобавлено: 17.12.2012, 00:33    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Haveunique писал(а):

Ivan, why do you think there is one diety and people name it differently? Maybe their gods are different?

Tatyana, all major religions have same principles, khristiantsvo, islam, zoroastrizm, etc. There was some prophet (seer), that reseived some knowledge from God or his assistant (archangel), and write them as a book of laws (Bible, Koran, Thora), by which all people must live.
All laws are the same, or very familiar, but there only thins that differs - is name of god (Allah, God) and name of messia (Moisei, Jesus, Mohamed).

In my opinion God exists, but it is no matter on which language to speak with hin, because pray in every religions has same purpose - communication with God, with some higher entity, universe, etc.   
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение Отправить e-mail
SergS

СообщениеДобавлено: 17.12.2012, 09:41    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

It is part of our nature - believe in something bigger then myself. So it is nature to believe in god / gods / space / …

I believe in one god, but I think it is just because of upbringing. Yes all of modern religion have single god. But look like it just because it is more comfortable for authority.

Think why children study history and Christian religion in the school. No other way – it is upbringing…   
Fanda

СообщениеДобавлено: 17.12.2012, 13:55    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I belive in power of the nature. Nature where we came from! Let´s say that nature is only word. There is something stronger that we are. There is a system like animal, plants and people are born and died. Some people named it God, but I don´t thing that it is important to named it. Power is the same in the all over world, names are different!   
Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 03.01.2013, 19:05    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I don't believe in Christian God the way it's described by The Church. In every religion the earth and everything around us was created by a deity or group of deities, but these Gods differ very much from one another which leads me to believe that there's something that overseas everything that's going on (because at some point at time poeple invented things) but I don't believe that it's actually an everythingseeing creature that has the power to punish or bestow gifts.

I believe more in the theory of egregores (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egregore) or something like that. Some kind of mental projection of every person or living thing that exists on Earth. It somehow makes sense for me, because in this way I am responsible for my future and everything I do and wish will somehow eventually come back to me if I work hard enough. And what I see when I go out is proving this theory.

As to why the God(s) was created - people knew very little and they had to explain things - so еры was the source. Afterwards, people needed someone or something to be responsible for bad or good things - like my kid is sick, this is a God's doing and I'm white and fluffy and it's not like I was drinking and smoking while pregnant. So it got promoted in order to lift the consequences of people's own actions from themselves, to have an excuse to act in the wrong way (usually). And then people realised that it's a good notion, that they can do little but cover by God's name and have a lot of power over others. And right now it's still like that.   

Borys B

СообщениеДобавлено: 20.01.2013, 13:01    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I do believe in God and I have strengthened my faith after reading Karamozov brothers by Dostoevsky - novel about 2 brothers, one of them Ivan did not believe in God and became mad because of difficult circumstances, another Alyosha completely relayed on God that it will help to solve problems, and he survived, but problems were not solved because of lack of activity from Alyosha. The first character explain and argue that God can not exist and the last character give explanations why the God exists.   
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 20.01.2013, 16:07    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Gra-ach писал(а):
As to why the God(s) was created - people knew very little and they had to explain things - so еры was the source. Afterwards, people needed someone or something to be responsible for bad or good things - like my kid is sick, this is a God's doing and I'm white and fluffy and it's not like I was drinking and smoking while pregnant. So it got promoted in order to lift the consequences of people's own actions from themselves, to have an excuse to act in the wrong way (usually). And then people realised that it's a good notion, that they can do little but cover by God's name and have a lot of power over others. And right now it's still like that.

It depends very much on every person still... I've been honored to meet some people who have their religious faith as a loyal friend, and they work hard to succeed in their lives. Some, however, use their believes to support their fears, but it's their choice and their lives to live.   

https://www.facebook.com/TraditionalWingChunOulu   
Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 21.01.2013, 14:06    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I don't argue with that. Religion, like everything else in life, is a personal choice. I know a lot of people who truly believe in God but at the same time respect my position as well. It gives them strength to move on and peace of mind, because they know that everything is going to be as planned... by God.   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 21.01.2013, 18:40    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

You are right Gra-ach and Tetyana, many people have confort in religious truths, and sometimes they grow to be better people because of it. (Like prisoners who turn to Bible or meditation.) For me, religion seems too easy an answer, though ;)
Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 23.01.2013, 18:39    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

And it usually says that people don't have a free will and that everything in life is predestined. I don't want to believe in this, though for some it may be a blessing to think that it's not his(her) choice, but a divine path. And that you have to do nothing in order to get something. And it's very easy to abuse this notion, like to say that I had a vision that this person should die so I went and gutted him (just exaggerating).   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 24.01.2013, 08:44    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Gra-ach писал(а):
And it usually says that people don't have a free will and that everything in life is predestined. I don't want to believe in this, though for some it may be a blessing to think that it's not his(her) choice, but a divine path. And that you have to do nothing in order to get something. And it's very easy to abuse this notion, like to say that I had a vision that this person should die so I went and gutted him (just exaggerating).

Well, how can we know if we have a free will or not, or that life is predestined anyway? :D I don't think believeing it either way can change ones habits and actions that much. You still have to make a choice between taking a car or walking, but religious may explain it through religion, that they have chosen to practise.

And about making decisions in general: Human minds work in a way, that if they want something, the idea of it is not letting you go. You think again and again about that wonderful shiny new bike the store had, even though you know you can't affort it. But - I may think a good reason to buy the bike anyway: I have been working so well, and haven't bought anything new for months, so I can spoil myself a little. Then I have created myself a reason, and buying the bike feels reasonable. For some people religion is just one of those reasons. Of course there is always a deeper reason, but that does not consern the reason of religion ;)

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Personal growth Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
На страницу 1, 2  След.
Страница 1 из 2

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.