Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

Blocks

На страницу Пред.  1, 2, 3, 4  След.
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun Practice
Blocks
Автор Сообщение
tililim

СообщениеДобавлено: 14.02.2013, 12:50    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Gra-ach писал(а):
This video reminds me that we need to do some more outdoor practices when summer comes Smile It will be so much better than training in the gym.

I am fully agreed with the idea to supplement our training process with outdoors exercises. It does make sense in terms of creating an atmosphere of harmony with the nature as well as comprehensive relief.   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 14.02.2013, 13:24    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

That is a good remark, Tililim. Training outside gives a chance to train different aspects compared to the gym. In the hall the training is well insulated from the outside world, and the noise and sight disturbances are on a minimum level, and one can learn to listen the inside voice. In the outdoors it is much harder, but the fresh air is something I long for, too.   
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 18.02.2013, 13:19    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

And it's so much nicer to fall on the soft ground rather than on hard floor Wink And seeing sun and green grass and hearing birds chirping... Brings the mood Smile   
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 21.02.2013, 11:09    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Gra-ach писал(а):
And it's so much nicer to fall on the soft ground rather than on hard floor Wink And seeing sun and green grass and hearing birds chirping... Brings the mood Smile

Indeed, with such a setting it must be hard to train, with all this beauty around Smile I found it easier to focus on training inside where there are no surrounding things to distract my attention. Training outside is a nice tool to train that concentration =)   

https://www.facebook.com/TraditionalWingChunOulu   
Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 21.02.2013, 11:44    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Haveunique писал(а):
Gra-ach писал(а):

Indeed, with such a setting it must be hard to train, with all this beauty around Smile I found it easier to focus on training inside where there are no surrounding things to distract my attention. Training outside is a nice tool to train that concentration =)

Well, that's the point - you concentrate at the task at hand (training) and keep doing it whithout being distracted by other things.   

Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 21.02.2013, 23:15    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I think "being distracted" means "giving in to distraction".... we've acquired that habit previously, partially due to survival instinct. Continuing to do your thing even when you notice things happening around - this I think is the highest level of mastery... =)   
https://www.facebook.com/TraditionalWingChunOulu   
Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 22.02.2013, 12:47    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Цитата:
Continuing to do your thing even when you notice things happening around - this I think is the highest level of mastery... =)

It is.

Though, I think that when you're doing something you love doing, you concentrate on a task at hand and don't allow yourself to get distracted by anything else.   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 25.02.2013, 12:13    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Here is a list of blocks I am able to name and describe at this point. Feel free to comment, correct and add new blocks to the list Smile

Pak Sao
A push block. The thumb is tucked in and the fingers packed together. The contact area is inside of the palm.

Wu Sao
A guard. The thumb is tucked in and the fingers packed together. The arm is pushed out along the centerline. However, in the Siu Lim Tao form, the Wu Sao is practised in the opposite direction, pulling in, to develop the isometric strength.

Man Sao
Position of the hitting hand in the active stance, quite like Wu Sao, but does not work as a block.

Bil/Biu sao
The palm-down block. The thumb is tucked in and the fingers packed together. Can be also used as an attack. Fingers point forward to opponents eyes.

Bon/Bong sao
The front high-elbow blog. The thumb is tucked in and the fingers packed together. Elbow is lift higher than the shoulder.

Huen/Yuen Sao
Downward rotation of the wrist. Used to push the opponent's arm away or to slip away to get to the other side of the opponent's arm. Is common in the first form.

Tan Sao
The palm-up block. The thumb is tucked in and the fingers packed together. The elbow is on the centerline of the body and the energy is going forward. It is applied from underneath the opponent's arm and slips on top.

Larp/Lap Sao
A circular block. The thumb is tucked in and the fingers packed together. The circular motion starts from underneath and ends on top of the opponent's arm. The contact area can be the side of the palm, the palm or the lower forearm.

Fook/Fak Sao
The forward going swan-neck block. The thumb is under the fingers, fingers straight and tense. The elbow is in the center line, and the blocks is in the chest level.

Kom Sao
The upward going swan- neck block. The thumb is under the fingers, fingers straight and tense. The wrist goes up to the level of the face, in the 45 corner.

Jat Sao
The palm-down downward block, The thumb is tucked in and the fingers packed together.

Dus Sao
Downward movement making room for close combat range or to block kicks. The thumb is tucked in and the fingers packed together.

Gum Sao
Downward and close to the center line movement to block kicks. The thumb is tucked in and the fingers packed together.   

Fanda

СообщениеДобавлено: 25.03.2013, 16:46    Заголовок сообщения: blocks Ответить с цитатой

I have already post this picture somewhere but in this topic it should not be missing!   
Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 31.03.2013, 23:44    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Two nice videos about Lap Sao:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM46JhI4KBo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_tybgcDUio   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 06.04.2013, 18:44    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I have noticed that there are different kind of blocks under the same name, like two kinds of Bil saos and two kinds of Pak saos. And I wonder why they share the name, even though they are different.

I would think the naming system should be around how the blocks work in general, and what the angle if the hand is compared to body posture and to opponent. But sometimes the blocks can be seen translated to slapping hand (Pak sao) or darting hand (Bil sao). Do you know the logic behind the naming?   

Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 08.04.2013, 11:55    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Can't answer your question about how are the blocks named. But I can tell you that there indeed are some blocks that are performed a little differently that share the same name. Pak Sao and Huen Sau are great examples. Probably it has to do with the idea behind the block. Like when you're using Pak Sao your hand still stands palm opened and goes from your Central line to opposite half of the body. And it doesn't really matter that it ends ither a little farther than your Central line or goes almost all the way to your shoulder.   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 08.04.2013, 18:49    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Thank you Gra-ach. With Pak Sao I understand that locig; the hand is quite the same, and you just do it a little futrher, like you said.

But in different Bil Saos the hand form are different, in one palm is downward, and in one it's on the side (like in Pak sao, Larp Sao or Wu Sao).   

Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 09.04.2013, 00:23    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I'm not sure I understand what do you mean by saying "it's [palm] on the side (like in Pak sao, Larp Sao or Wu Sao)". Anyways, if you're really interested you can always ask SiFu Smile   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 09.04.2013, 21:49    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Hm, maybe I have understood it wrong, I need to check it from my instructor. Thank you for the hint Smile   
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun Practice Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
На страницу Пред.  1, 2, 3, 4  След.
Страница 2 из 4

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.