Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

Expectations before joining the Academy

На страницу 1, 2  След.
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun Practice
Expectations before joining the Academy
Автор Сообщение
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 27.11.2012, 00:52    Заголовок сообщения: Expectations before joining the Academy Ответить с цитатой

Dear students,

What were your expectations before you started your regular training? How are the training sessions now, after you've trained for some time?

Thank you very much for your replies!   

https://www.facebook.com/TraditionalWingChunOulu   
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Режиссер

СообщениеДобавлено: 27.11.2012, 01:22    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I was a bit scared before the first training. Exercises in Wing Chung seemed to be unusual and uncomfortable for me at that time. I didn't know how to relax and my head was about to explode. Though, I had a lot of questions and decided to come for a second training.

You become more relaxed with time. This type of training helps a lot in daily life. You become more concentrated on things that have more value. The most important for me - I've become honest to myself and to others. I do not keep my focus on how I look like in front of others. I'm just becoming who I am naturally. Wing chung really changes you.
I'm practicing for about 1,5 years and now I understand what means "the more I learn, the more I understand that wing chung is impossible to learn to the end")).

Life is good when it's easy and big problems had become just as easy tasks)))

I'm grateful to Sifu Igor Tunik for creation of Traditional Wing Chung Academy in Ukraine!!   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 27.11.2012, 11:42    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I had practiced some martial arts before, so I had a view concepts of what martial arts is supposed to be. I imagined lot of muscle work
and bruises, and a teacher shouting out my mistakes army style.

After joining Wing Chun, only after few months of practice, these concepts have changed. At the first training I was really lost, and it took
a little time to get used to seeing and being present. Now I think of Wing Chun more as an way of life, a way to be what I am and who I
want to be. It doesn't mean I had to take things lightly at the training hall, but gathering 'war bruises' and growing muscles is not the main
thing anymore. For me, it's now more about relaxation, observing and intuition.

I, too, can say that Wing Chun has changed me, but it's still too early to say to which way. All I can say now is, that I want to keep walking
this road some more, and to challenge myself over again. At the hall, and in my life, I keep my eyes open for more.   

Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 29.11.2012, 23:06    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Thanks a lot, Dima and Milla!

I remember clearly that I wanted to learn self-defense. When I was asked, from who and what I want to defend, I could not really answer )) Also, I trained some other style of Wing Chun before, so my expectations about technique were quite definite: blocks, hits, movement sequences, how to fight "in real situation" after I learn it in the gym.

I remember my first lesson: I got a big muscular guy as a partner, and one of the first exercises was to drop your opponent. I remember that my partner was very caring about me and I could drop him all I wanted Smile That felt very nice. I came out smiling from ear to ear, and SiFu commented that I must've liked the training. Sure, I answered! Then the Academy guys offered to give me a ride home, although they lived in a different end of the city - I felt very special and thought, wow, this is a nice place, people care about each other.

What I found in the Academy turned out to be a lot more. Of course it is people who make it, our Sifu Igor Tunik first and foremost, our SiHings and fellow instructors, and all the students who come, all with their own reasons, but ultimately there are things that unite us. One of the main things that Academy is teaching me is learning how to learn - contstantly, consciously and through my own experience.

I thank you, my dear SiFu, for making this happen and for doing what you do.   

Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 06.12.2012, 00:36    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Right now, it's kinda hard to pinpoint the exact reason why I decided to start practicing Wing Chun.

Since I was a child I like watching Jackie Chan movies and other MA related films because in all of them the good guys win and kick some serious butt! It appeals to my sense of rightness in some way Wink Can't say that I was hoping to learn how to do that myself though.

So what were my expectations?.. I remember I was worried that I'll be the oldest new student Wink And I specifically asked one of the instructors if it's OK for the person who's 23 years old to join the class Smile I expected to be the worst student as well - because I hadn't done anything even remotely connected to physical activity before that. And I even shirked my PE classes at school Cool And on the first training I remember I was scared that SiFu will show any exercises with me Very Happy But on the other hand I felt anticipation to be the one Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

What I expected? I wanted to become healthier, to have something interesting to do with my free time (though right now I wouldn't mind having free time back Smile ) and essentially that's it. Well, I wanted to fulfill my old dream of practicing martial art of some kind which wouldn't require me breaking sculls of innocent bystanders.

After 1 year of training I can tell that I received more than I'd bargained for, so much more! Cool I got a community of people thinking mostly like me. I reached my first objective to become healthier and I definitely don't have free time at the point Smile I became more sure of myself and I learnt that sometimes it's more right (not better) not to argue my point and I learnt to let things go - that is an important lesson. I learnt to some extent to control my reactions and to react adequately. Because of less free time I learnt to prioritize and to adhere to my time management routines.

Talking about physical stuff - I became more agile and sleepy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy For the most part I can actually see what's going on, because when I just came it was all just some mombo-jumbo moves now they are parts of First Form or Second Form. Now I start to feel the right position sometimes, the right moves - so that's a great leap forward Very Happy   

Borys B

СообщениеДобавлено: 08.12.2012, 02:12    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

So-so-so... my story... here it comes.

I dreamed long time ago to learn some self-defense technique, it was like an inner feeling that I should learn it. I endeavored Kadochnikov's system, but it did not fit my, than my plan was to try sambo with my friend, but friend was a little bit slow to start because of business-trips.

Wing-chun system was promoted to my by student of academy in the street. I have gained not so good attitude toward people that start conversation in the street while been disturbed by promoters of different kind of products or religions, but on the contrary I was eager to listen to the student of self-defense technique. I persuaded myself to trust him because he looked energetic, not tired of life, and I thought that wing-chun was the cause. I disliked information about hemispheres of brain and labeled it as "spiritual stuff" that I don't like and it was the cause of my first decision not to join wing-chun.

Instructor of academy made me a call and insisted to visit free lesson, I had vacations on that time and said why not, and to be frankly came just for lulz. I did not feel any effect on the training before the time master instructed us to do exercises from another side. During whole training I was not relaxed, but from that moment my muscle's memory gave up to control muscles and I the last relaxed. Another trick was that master assigned numbers to different positions and exercises and we did them on his command, I was forced to preempt whole things in the world and to concentrate, I succeeded. Then master re-assign numbers and sometimes the brain blocked.

So the results of the first training was "crystal mind", I was full of energy, confidence, and I was eager to spend energy just for lulz, but at that moment my crystal mind said that I need to concentrate energy in right direction and the result was brilliant. Another one result - my sense of smell improved.

Every training and seminar I see small things that I can project to real life but I will skip to mention them because this information is not classified.   
Художник

СообщениеДобавлено: 08.12.2012, 14:25    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

at the very first time,when i was a student of evening class plus to my daily lessons i wanted to visit my first free lesson on wing chun. i was very closed person and have to many fears.i remember as i come to a door,see all that people and instructors who has a different conversations before a traning.i stand behind the door and i have no power to open it and come inside. i was very scared.and i pass away.
almost a year i was plagued by thoughts of this moment.i've gradueted my bachelor degree on daily and evening departments,and there was a case that I was greatly crippled.and i starting to act things that i never do before.one of them was a visit wing chun lessons.at this time the same stuff trapped me in front of the door.and with words "who cares" i walked in.
for now i've studing almost a year in academy.and i see this door 4 days in a week:) if you understand what i mean)
many things in my life has changed.and i hope many more will change   

Katherine

СообщениеДобавлено: 09.12.2012, 12:30    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Before coming to the Academy, I was not engaged martial arts. My sister and I were looking for a school for physical activity to improve our health. Accidentally found the site of Wing Chun Academy. We liked the fact that the Academy develops not only physical, but also spiritual qualities. Kung fu associated with Jackie Chan, Kung Fu Panda, Shao Lin - very much like to try Very Happy . The first lesson I thought that you need to collect all the power and beat, but just needed to relax ! Smile   
Иван

СообщениеДобавлено: 09.12.2012, 12:37    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Wing Chun the best! Laughing Cool   
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение Отправить e-mail
Kuzart

СообщениеДобавлено: 09.12.2012, 13:44    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Иван писал(а):

yes, of course Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy   
Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 09.12.2012, 16:01    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Иван писал(а):

So why did you come to Wing Chun? Or was it so long ago that you don't remember your reasons? Cool Very Happy   

Aenima

СообщениеДобавлено: 09.12.2012, 19:12    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Katherine писал(а):
Kung Fu Panda

Oh, Kung Fu Panda is a Great Kung Fu Master. I was inspired by him to join trainings in Academy Very Happy Joking of course. Truly saying, when I was a child, I dreamt to train some martial arts, but there were no appropriate school in my town, so I had to forget about this idea. But it happened to "remember" about this idea in Kyiv. Suddenly there appeared lots of questions: which martial art to choose? which school to choose? and how to find enough time for all this? It was very hard to make myself to call to the instructor and to visit first free training. It was smth kind of waiting for "right" time or "right" moment, and the call was delayed again and again. But then there appeared one little thought "There will never be more appropriate time than Right Now, and If I delay the call again, I'll never dare to make it at all". So I just called and promised to come, so there were no more step back Smile
At the very first training I could not understand what was happening during this hour and a half. First it seemed to be very simple like "Do like me and everything will be OK" but that was wrong. It is not enough just to repeat movements of your instructor, you need to put into your movements comprehension, without it - impossible to move further. And then the question "So, will you come again?" - "...mmm...yes" and that "yes" made a lot)   
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 09.12.2012, 21:03    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Артем К. писал(а):
Иван писал(а):

yes, of course Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Ivan, Artem, please share more - were you so definite about this answer when you just came? Thank you!   

Артем Лысенко
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 13.12.2012, 11:54    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Beeing a child i was strongly ispired by movies with Bruce Lee, just like every second friend of my:) For a long time i baried this ispiration in my mind and almoust forget about those childish willing to look up to Bruce:)
I have trained the kick-boxing and aiko-do also, however i had a separate road with this two martial arts. After a long brake in training, i have decided to revive the dream to learn a martial art, that was so fascinating demonstrated from the TV-screen and called kung-fu. So began i first step into a great journey, named wing chun.

Now after a 2,6 years of training in Academy i must admit that this road of self-improvement and self-understanding is the best adventure i could ever imagine!   

Fanda

СообщениеДобавлено: 28.01.2013, 15:19    Заголовок сообщения: why wng chun? Ответить с цитатой

As are people growing from child to adult and from adult, their appearance is changing. Also thinking about things around is getting to be a different.

I am not member of wing chun academy long time, just 4 months

I came to train wing chun because:
- I am on Erasmus in Finland and this lessons are in english
- It was possibility to try something new for me
- I wanted to learn matrial art
- I wanted to know how to protect myself
- I saw Ip-man before Smile

During this time we were practising many techniques, but also for me not that common excercises about body and mind.

When I was asked on the training few days ago why wing chun, I was surprised. I was not able to answer immediately, I tried to repeat this points writen above but I was not sure if it is still truth..............

Next few days, after deep conversation in the end of one of our trainings, I was thinking about it quite a lot.

I found that many things are now different for me and I am comming here for different reason than at the beggining. I can say why I am practising wingchun now, but It can be different again after one year.

I hope that this is the way how to find real answer......time and practising wing chun
I have feeling that it can help me to find answers even in my common life.   
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun Practice Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
На страницу 1, 2  След.
Страница 1 из 2

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.