Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

On happiness

На страницу Пред.  1, 2, 3  След.
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Personal growth
On happiness
Автор Сообщение
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 05.05.2013, 12:13    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I agree that happiness is being in the moment, conducting what you want to do, and the moments you enjoy.

But I am not sure that is all there is to happiness. Are we talking of the same kind of happiness? I have heard talking of three kinds (or degree) of happiness: firts is the feeling of joy, second is subjective well being (are you satisfied in this moment) and third is living a good life (are you satisfied which what you have achieved in your life).   

Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 05.05.2013, 17:05    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Happiness is doing what you like, liking what you do and being there when doing! The last point is the most important because we tend to notice pain but when we are happy we forget to pay attention sometimes Cool   
https://www.facebook.com/TraditionalWingChunOulu   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 06.05.2013, 09:04    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

True point, sometimes the positive feeling are taken for granted, or rather as a normal state. Then negative feelings seems so cruel compared to 'how things should feel'. And thinking this way leads to anxiousness and depression.

This of cource varies if person is an optimist or a pessimist.   

Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 06.05.2013, 10:33    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Procyona писал(а):
This of cource varies if person is an optimist or a pessimist.

And both are habits of thinking... which means a person can create new ones that work better! One of the approaches is here: http://ouluwingchun.wordpress.com/2013/05/05/how-to-take-the-most-out-of-this-summer/   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 06.05.2013, 23:30    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Thanks Tetyana Smile

I understand that there is a huge potential in training the mind to, so to say, idealise differently. However, I don't know if it would be better to change the approach to a positive side, or to let go any patterns of idealising.   

Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 07.05.2013, 10:21    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

As long as it is an aware choice, Milla Cool the surprises come our way in any case.   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 08.05.2013, 16:19    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Well, that depends how you define a surprise. If you mean that surprise is any kind of action you did not forsee, then you are right. But if surprises arise because you expected something else to happen, then the amount of surprises can be lowered with mind training.   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 08.07.2015, 20:36    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

More guestions to define your life's purpose. To me it is happiness Cool
Interesting view is that you have a purpose if what you do meets other peoples needs. Makes sense to me, as people only really want something they need or think they need. Or what do you think? Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVsXO9brK7M   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 10.07.2015, 15:14    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

The question of this video were:

1. Who are you?
2. What do you do? (What can you do best right now?)

3. Who do you do it for?
4. What do they want or need?
5. How do they change afterwards?   

Faroth

СообщениеДобавлено: 12.07.2015, 10:25    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Procyona писал(а):
The question of this video were:

1. Who are you?
2. What do you do? (What can you do best right now?)

3. Who do you do it for?
4. What do they want or need?
5. How do they change afterwards?

Those are good questions indeed and I think person is happier when there is a purpose in hes/hers life. The purpose can be almost anything and doesn't have to necessarily be the one you like doing most.

Take work for one. Being in job what's not your dream can still give you plenty of happiness on your journey towards your dreams.   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 13.07.2015, 14:29    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Faroth писал(а):
I think person is happier when there is a purpose in hes/hers life. The purpose can be almost anything and doesn't have to necessarily be the one you like doing most.

Take work for one. Being in job what's not your dream can still give you plenty of happiness on your journey towards your dreams.

Cannot argue with that. Each of us live a different life and craft our own purpose in it. But there can be a misconception is there: people think they have time.   

Faroth

СообщениеДобавлено: 23.08.2015, 10:19    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Found this article on happiness yesterday and it kinda touched me. The article states that happiness is not about reaching your goals or waiting for something to happen. It's the process and journey. Small things that happen everyday, things that we already have.

For example, start by asking yourself these questions…

What are you happy about RIGHT NOW in your life?

… If your brain comes up with a blank, then ask yourself, what COULD you be happy RIGHT NOW if you really wanted to be?

There's so much I can be happy right now. I have a wonderful life, I love and feel loved, I have goals that keep me busy, I am me and I don't want to be anyone else. These for starters and oh boy, there's so much more.

Happiness is not something to pursue but it's a state we can already have if we so desire. I think society wants us to be happy about big things, but does that kind of happiness actually last? You achieve it and then you have it. Are you happy anymore? Probably no. Then there comes the next big thing, you start to pursue that. Wheel keeps on rolling...

What are your thoughts? What can you be happy about today, right at this moment?

Link to article:
http://projectlifemastery.com/the-truth-about-happiness-revealed-how-to-be-happy-right-now/   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 24.08.2015, 19:35    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Thank you for sharing the article and your thoughts, Ville-Pekka.

For me, happiness is a choice. I either am together with what is around me or I am not. With that approach, I can find happiness in everything and everywhere.

But rather than the feeling of happiness I want to express gratitude and passion. They push me forward to actions while happiness could keep me within a bubble. I think some discomfort is needed so that people go out and do stuff.   

vmashchenko

СообщениеДобавлено: 18.09.2015, 11:31    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Procyona писал(а):
Faroth писал(а):
I think person is happier when there is a purpose in hes/hers life. The purpose can be almost anything and doesn't have to necessarily be the one you like doing most.

Cannot argue with that. Each of us live a different life and craft our own purpose in it. But there can be a misconception is there: people think they have time.

Why misconception?   

vmashchenko

СообщениеДобавлено: 18.09.2015, 11:32    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Procyona писал(а):
Thank you for sharing the article and your thoughts, Ville-Pekka.

For me, happiness is a choice. I either am together with what is around me or I am not. With that approach, I can find happiness in everything and everywhere.

But rather than the feeling of happiness I want to express gratitude and passion. They push me forward to actions while happiness could keep me within a bubble. I think some discomfort is needed so that people go out and do stuff.

Actually, if you make a choice but do not something you will end unhappy. Happiness comes from progress.   

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Personal growth Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
На страницу Пред.  1, 2, 3  След.
Страница 2 из 3

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.