Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

To talk or not to talk...

На страницу Пред.  1, 2, 3, 4  След.
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Personal growth
To talk or not to talk...
Автор Сообщение
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 09.03.2013, 21:46    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Thank you Tetyana, for it's a challenge Smile   
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 11.03.2013, 16:24    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Indeed it is Smile   
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 05.06.2013, 22:12    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

One way to use silence is to shift focus off yourself and pay your attention to people around. It may sound like an obvious thing, but how often are you actually listening to what others are saying?

It takes me time and effort to keep learning to listen to other people and also help them speak themselves like they want to, not how they think it would be nice or correct.   

https://www.facebook.com/TraditionalWingChunOulu   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 13.06.2013, 14:07    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Dear learning partners in the forum, how much do you think one should talk about his or her achievements?

To me, words do not matter as much as the things that are actually done, but at the same time I would want my achievements be as visible as possible. It's more about timing than anything: if I have already done something, I can talk and show, but if not, I need to work more before talking.

In Finnland it is common to hide ones achievements from others, so that other people do not become greedy or envy toward you. To my mind this is foolish, as achievements and other good things grow when shared. Smile   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 15.06.2013, 09:59    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Haveunique писал(а):
It takes me time and effort to keep learning to listen to other people and also help them speak themselves like they want to, not how they think it would be nice or correct.

I work to be an active listener, and I want to notice meanings behind the words used. How can you help others speak for themselves, Tetyana? Thank you!   

Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 17.06.2013, 01:29    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Milla, the only way we can change anything is be the change. How do you understand this answer? thank you Cool   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 17.06.2013, 14:30    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Haveunique писал(а):
Milla, the only way we can change anything is be the change. How do you understand this answer? thank you Cool

Aa, I think I understand now: I cannot change other people, but only myself. So in order to change the situation, I need to posture myself differrently in it. For example, if I give someone space, they can act in a more free manner. Smile   

Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 17.06.2013, 15:08    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Exactly Smile Smile Smile Smile   
Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 17.06.2013, 18:19    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Procyona писал(а):
Dear learning partners in the forum, how much do you think one should talk about his or her achievements?

I think it depends on who you're talking to about your achievements. If you're talking to your boss or boss-to-be, you should tell everything good about you. And boast about anything relevant. If you're talking about you acquaintances, it depends on how good you know them and your opinion about them. Some can land you a hand and motivate you, some can talk about you behind your back. So I guess that your self preservation should tell you when to keep silent about things you've done and when to shout to the whole world Smile

Procyona писал(а):
In Finnland it is common to hide ones achievements from others, so that other people do not become greedy or envy toward you. To my mind this is foolish, as achievements and other good things grow when shared. Smile

I think it's common in Ukraine as well. I want to feel safe and secure and I don't want people talking about me in any way, if they are not concerned about the topic. So I don't share with others a lot. But I'm different with close friends. They know a lot of things about me - my raises and falls and thye helped me during them. But in any case, it feels good to share your achievements, it gives you more satisfaction when someone else thinks that you're great Cool   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 18.06.2013, 10:43    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

That is true Gra-ach, it always matters to who you are talking to. I would probably not talk about my cooking skills if I was interviewed to a company selling phones Very Happy

I do not talk a lot about my things either, but I am learning the benefits of it. Smile Even among friends I have differnt people I talk about different things, too. Topics arise and fall depending on how the relationship chemistry works. So, it's good to have different friends and people to share different things with.   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 19.08.2013, 19:51    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

How about situations where another person does not feel like talking, and the other one just keeps asking questions and says his opinions? Sometimes people do not notice this, if they pay attension to the talking part only. How does one notice a wish to talk?

When I am not willing to talk, I have directed my attention elsewhere, and sometimes I feel this kind of fibe from a person who does not wish to speak or be spoken to and they might somehow grow smaller in their appearance. And also, the answers either become short or do not exist at all. Very Happy   

Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 20.08.2013, 13:33    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Simply, Milla... the one who wishes talks )))))) If he/she doesn't talk, that's their wish. The reasons behind the choices of others we may know a little bit once we know the person but still that's not facts.   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 20.08.2013, 18:01    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

That is true, Tetyana, thank you for noting. I have still lot to learn about prejudge it seems Very Happy Smile   
Валентина Слободянюк
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 23.08.2013, 13:13    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Procyona писал(а):

You are right Miila, as for me, your acts should speek for themselves. But as for the last part of your message - because in Ukraine it's all the way around - people often speek too much, more then they really do. so I think we should find the middle way, as always.   

Валентина Слободянюк
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 23.08.2013, 13:16    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Procyona, I like your signature very much!! I read it every time I see your messsages)))

"Have fun, do good, and the money will come." - Richard Branson

thank you for inspirations!   

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Personal growth Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
На страницу Пред.  1, 2, 3, 4  След.
Страница 3 из 4

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.