Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

To talk or not to talk...

На страницу Пред.  1, 2, 3, 4  След.
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Personal growth
To talk or not to talk...
Автор Сообщение
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 24.01.2013, 08:23    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Gra-ach писал(а):

It actually makes you think on the matters which you wouldn't have thought on your own. It happens to me all the time at University - my students tend to ask me questions and make mistakes which wouldn't even come to my mind to ask and do Very Happy

Good point, a person does not think the same way the other one does, and this makes the world wider in a both lovely and challenging way Smile   

Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 05.02.2013, 10:38    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Oh yes, and it makes the world such a crazy place to live Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
You say something to someone and the other person hears something completely different and something you didn't mean and voila, you have a nice brand new enemy.

A lot of people hear what they want to hear. They have their impression of what's going on and you may say one thing and if it doesn't correlate with what they think they will not even hear your words! It's like they have filter in their brain and they just filter out things they don't want to hear for one reason or the other.   

Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 05.02.2013, 12:11    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Gra-ach писал(а):
A lot of people hear what they want to hear. They have their impression of what's going on and you may say one thing and if it doesn't correlate with what they think they will not even hear your words! It's like they have filter in their brain and they just filter out things they don't want to hear for one reason or the other.

The more it makes sense to learn to express oneself in such a way that people understand immediately, even if their point of view is different... ))   

https://www.facebook.com/TraditionalWingChunOulu   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 05.02.2013, 18:42    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Haveunique писал(а):
Gra-ach писал(а):

The more it makes sense to learn to express oneself in such a way that people understand immediately, even if their point of view is different... ))

And also learn to listen what that other person has to say. :) The misunderstandings work both ways, just like any other interaction.

Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 06.02.2013, 00:04    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Oh, if you don't want to hear something, it can be stated as clearly as possible, but you still won't hear it. You know, like people pretending that everything's OK, when a relative or close friend abuses his wife (for example) and just saying that it's her own fault.   
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 06.02.2013, 00:24    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Indeed, hearing, seeing and feeling things for what they are, not what they seem, is a great skill to learn.   
Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 06.02.2013, 00:59    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Oh, don't get me started!!!

I remember once Pasha told me not to make two steps back but only one. And I was 100% sure that I stepped back once while doing the exercise. And until he put his foot on the spot where my second step landed I couldn't understand what he was talking about Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy   

Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 06.02.2013, 10:39    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Straight to the point Smile Smile   
Fanda

СообщениеДобавлено: 08.02.2013, 17:58    Заголовок сообщения: talking? Ответить с цитатой

WE ARE NOT TALKING
At the beggining of the trainings it was strange to don´t have possibility to ask for something, to clarify excercises. After time I realised that it forced me to be more concentrated
=result do not talk

INSTRUCTOR IS NOT TALKING
After few trainings our instructor stopped talking to us. It was strange and it took me a time to get the point. Finally it is the same as that we are not able to talk. It again force us to be really concentrated!
=result do not talk (just in necessary cases of course)

Fanda   
Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 10.02.2013, 23:26    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I remember it was actually very refreshing to be able to stay silent for 1,5 hours Smile less stress after leading lectures at university.   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 11.02.2013, 14:28    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Indeed, and it is really refreshing that the whole room is silent compared to the noisy world outside. There the inside talk can come forth very easily, if one gets distracted. There is yet so much to learn of control of thoughts and mind!   
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 12.02.2013, 12:27    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Indeed, Milla! When there is silence outside, the inner dialogue starts. Our task is to learn to stop it at will and do our stuff uninterrupted Cool

Also, please start a new topic explaining what you current userpic means to you. Thank you! =)   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 12.02.2013, 18:31    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Will do :3   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 08.03.2013, 19:49    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I don't know if this topic applys for 'inside talk', thinking and planning, but I have recently found out that I usually cannot concentrate on the precent because I have 'so many things on my mind'. But some instances I have found it revealing to let these thoughts go and only see what is in front of me, here and now. It's still hard for me to stay focused in the moment, even though I know that it usually prevents me to act in the moment but also letting go makes me slower and somewhat sloppy.

The point is, that now I don't know how I can think and plan about anything and still stay connected to the moment, and how to take advances on both habits..   

Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 09.03.2013, 14:32    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Your task is to find out, Milla, how to use both habits Cool   
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Personal growth Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
На страницу Пред.  1, 2, 3, 4  След.
Страница 2 из 4

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.