Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

Time... It is given to us. How do we use it?

На страницу Пред.  1, 2, 3, 4  След.
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Personal growth
Time... It is given to us. How do we use it?
Автор Сообщение
Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 15.05.2013, 17:16    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I'm not sure that it's something I do consciously - I think it's more likely a natural mechanism of a brain. You know, like when you go to bed and you think over something and you wake up and the answer comes Very Happy   
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 05.06.2013, 22:01    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

People can quite easily estimate shorter time periods, like minutes, seconds and even hours, when they are conscious. We can easily say how long 5 minutes approximate takes.

Interestingly, at the same time the estimation becomes harder when we are preoccupied by something else, and those 5 minutes become longer or shorter.   

Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 17.06.2013, 17:04    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Its' true - our perseption defines the length of time.

I remember when I was at school, I took a psychological test which was about measuring time intervals: the tester started clock and stopped it and then I had to tell her when to stop when she started it again. And I was told that people usually are quite bad at measuring time, they are either seconds late or early Smile And for me it was kinda hard to get longer time periods accurately.   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 17.06.2013, 22:41    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Well, the correctness of the estimation varies by the accuracy. If you have to estimate time accurately by seconds, then it is much harder than by half minutes or minutes. Smile   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 13.07.2013, 18:41    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Actually, I find it really hard to cope with situations when I have too much time and nothing scheduled for it. Usually this does not happen, because I tend to have quite strickt timetable. And when I am in situations where I have suddenly done all I had planned, or where I cannot work even if I had stuff to do, it feels odd. But now I see that there is always something I want to do, even though I have not planned to do it. Also, planning too much ahead is not the best option thing either, as it seems to cover the things I want to do in the moment. Very Happy

But, to work with this issue, I can relax and be aware of the feelings in the moment. Is there something else I could do to work with these tasks?   

Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 25.07.2013, 14:27    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Very good question, Milla! Is there anything else you have found out since you posted your question? Cool I see a point of sharing only after you have answered your own query Smile   
https://www.facebook.com/TraditionalWingChunOulu   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 26.07.2013, 13:03    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Well, yes I have: It is important to know the reason behind an action (why am I doing it and for whom am I doing it). I can take a moment to listen and notice where I am and what I am doing, and asking this 'why'.

Also, there is a difference between doing something for sake of something or out of fear than to do the same thing because you want to do it. It is also dangerous for my goals and wellbeing to not do the things I sincerely want to.   

Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 26.07.2013, 13:06    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Very well, Milla, I don't have anything different to add, we have all the answers we need! We just need to find them ourselves, then they are valuable to us.   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 26.07.2013, 13:23    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Thank you Tetyana, I do think learning is more valuable this way, too Smile   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 27.08.2013, 21:08    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I know there is not enough time to do every thing, but sometimes I just have to do something I feel only consumes my time, but what can be useful in the end. Or what do you think?

I have have been wondering again and again of finishing my studies, because I don't yet know if they can help me in the future or not. I keep wondering this, because I want to do something else entirely, but by finishing the last cource I still have I get financial support and more time to achieve my dreams. Sometimes I feel I am doing the right thing, sometimes the situation really bugs me, and these times standing behind my words is tough. But because It is something I have agreed on, I want to do it.   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 27.08.2013, 22:09    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

In addition, when you have things you just need to do, and things you want to drive for, how do you maintain a balance between them?

When I think of this, the balance often goes too much on the side of things I don't want to do, but I need to. These times I need to relax and remain calm, and also find reasons what you get out of it.

In addition in one book I can't remember a name of stated: there are things that are important to do, and things that are not important, and things that have to be done right away and things that do not. It it good to concentrate on things that are important, and not just on those that need to be done right away Smile   

Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 27.08.2013, 22:58    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Procyona писал(а):
I know there is not enough time to do every thing, but sometimes I just have to do something I feel only consumes my time, but what can be useful in the end. Or what do you think?

For this I will quote out SiFu who also learned this quote from someone: life is empty and senseless, and it depends only on us what we fill it with. True that some purposes stand the test of time, but how do we learn if we do not try different things, approaches and attitudes? Only by trying the clothes on we can know if it fits us.   

Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 27.08.2013, 22:59    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Procyona писал(а):
In addition, when you have things you just need to do, and things you want to drive for, how do you maintain a balance between them?
In this regard, Milla, I like your signature - have fun, do good, and the money will come Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 28.08.2013, 11:39    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Haveunique писал(а):

For this I will quote out SiFu who also learned this quote from someone: life is empty and senseless, and it depends only on us what we fill it with. True that some purposes stand the test of time, but how do we learn if we do not try different things, approaches and attitudes? Only by trying the clothes on we can know if it fits us.

Thank you Tetyana. I realized it last night, too: I can look my project from another perspective, and make it suit my goals Smile Thinking out of the box really helps sometimes Very Happy   

Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 18.09.2013, 22:00    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Procyona писал(а):
I can look my project from another perspective, and make it suit my goals Smile

Actually, we do that all the time anyway.... it's just if we are aware of our goals, we make aware choices Smile   

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Personal growth Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
На страницу Пред.  1, 2, 3, 4  След.
Страница 3 из 4

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.