Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

Time... It is given to us. How do we use it?

На страницу 1, 2, 3, 4  След.
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Personal growth
Time... It is given to us. How do we use it?
Автор Сообщение
Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 17.10.2012, 14:57    Заголовок сообщения: Time... It is given to us. How do we use it? Ответить с цитатой

Right now I'm at the point when I have to do many absolutely different tasks seemingly at the same time and sometimes it drives me crazy and makes me irate, especially if my time is wasted by others. So I decided to spend some of my oh so precious time thinking about what could be done to make it all happen when I need it to happen. So when I came across the quote
Цитата:
Life is all about timing... the unreachable becomes reachable, the unavailable become available, the unattainable... attainable. Have the patience, wait it out It's all about timing.
~ Stacey Charter

I decided it's a good idea just to wait and everything will sort itself out Smile Maybe Cool

So getting back on track, do you people use your time wisely? Since it's our lives that we're either wasting on or dedicating to something or someone. Can you say about yourself that
Цитата:
My time is now.
~ John Turner

Do you make the most of it? And here I'm not saying that you should cease having fun with your friends! I'm just curious if you feel like you're using your time to its fullest, that you don't have a feeling that time goes by...

Sometimes it feels like the time has stopped, when I'm waiting for something or doing something taxing. But on other occasions it feels like it's flying. And these last occasions are the ones, in my opinion, when I use my time wisely. Because I don't track time when I'm doing what I love, or I'm with people who are dear to me.   

Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Художник

СообщениеДобавлено: 17.10.2012, 15:49    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Paradox of time - it running fast while you doing smthg,and it stops,when you're waiting.
I think all things in our lives come in time,when you're ready for it,and strength enoght for this. No things comes accidentally.
How to spend your time wisly - listen to your gut and do what you got to.   

Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 18.10.2012, 12:21    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Which brings us back to the topic of how to listen to The Gut Wink and how to decide what you've got to do...   
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 22.10.2012, 11:19    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Some closed circle we get here ))))))) How to get off the shuttle bus and go do your stuff? Cool I think it's about "go and DO," rather than think too much at first... and include the analyzing only in the process of action, to channel and rechannel the process.   
https://www.facebook.com/TraditionalWingChunOulu   
Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 22.10.2012, 15:57    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I agree with you, Tanya - once you've decided what to do , there's never better time than now to do it Wink

“Whatever you're meant to do, do it now. The conditions are always impossible.”
— Doris Lessing   

Художник

СообщениеДобавлено: 08.12.2012, 14:08    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

here is the quote of one article that a read in a while:
@In fact, all of our choices in life is developing in two directions: either we get up on the way to solve problems and to begin to act, or failing to act, while remaining passive. In this omission, we either settle down and humbly accept the circumstances or commit stupid and start completely senseless agony of his "unfortunate" fate. Just such torment Carlos Castaneda called "indulgence".@   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 08.12.2012, 16:57    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

In my point of view I cathegorize things in to task i must do, and task I want to do. But it's never given that they will stay the same for long; sometimes I enjoy walking and the time stops for hours, and every step in the way is a new adveture. Some other times it's tiresome, and I really would be anywhere else. What i mean to say is that even though we have things we must do, the attitude toward them can make them even worth doing.

But when we talk about doing things ones wants to do, I'm not there yet. But I have a feeling that you are right; it's about the gut feeling Smile And once you have a real motivation to do it, nothing can stop you.   

Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 08.12.2012, 18:09    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Procyona писал(а):
And once you have a real motivation to do it, nothing can stop you.

Yep, if you really want to do something and you're ready to fight for it, you will find a way, not excuses Smile   

Borys B

СообщениеДобавлено: 20.01.2013, 13:20    Заголовок сообщения: Re: Time... It is given to us. How do we use it? Ответить с цитатой

Gra-ach писал(а):
Right now I'm at the point when I have to do many absolutely different tasks seemingly at the same time and sometimes it drives me crazy and makes me irate, especially if my time is wasted by others.

If someone is wasting my time It is easy to say "No", or to be impolite to say to person about wasting a time in a rude form.

Gra-ach писал(а):

Do you make the most of it? And here I'm not saying that you should cease having fun with your friends! I'm just curious if you feel like you're using your time to its fullest, that you don't have a feeling that time goes by...

I have 2 such criteria to judge if my time is wasted or not - am I satisfied emotionally with the things that I am doing and/or what impact on my future will have the work that I am doing right not?

Gra-ach писал(а):

Sometimes it feels like the time has stopped, when I'm waiting for something or doing something taxing. But on other occasions it feels like it's flying. And these last occasions are the ones, in my opinion, when I use my time wisely. Because I don't track time when I'm doing what I love, or I'm with people who are dear to me.

fully support!!!   
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 20.01.2013, 17:55    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Before we do something, we may ask ourselves: who am I, where am I going, and why? While acting, we focus on action only, and that means no thinking... we should only be aware of our inner state - if it feels right, that's our way to go.   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 20.01.2013, 18:04    Заголовок сообщения: Re: Time... It is given to us. How do we use it? Ответить с цитатой

Gra-ach писал(а):
Right now I'm at the point when I have to do many absolutely different tasks seemingly at the same time and sometimes it drives me crazy and makes me irate, especially if my time is wasted by others.

I do understand that feeling, when you have many things to do, and not much time to do it. But -- I don't think anyone can actually own time in that sense, as we can't control what is going to happen after half on hour or the next day. Also, if someone is 'wasting our time', we are the ones that let them do it ;)

Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 21.01.2013, 14:13    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Yes, that's true. It's our choice to give time to others. But let's consider the situation: you're waiting for a flight and it's delayed. And all your things are in luggage that you've already checked in and you have nothing useful to do.

Or if your parents want to talk to you about something and you're not really interested but you love them and can't saygo away because of that, your time is still spent and not spent usefully in a way.

And there are a lot of such situations when you're unable to control anything, or the other choice(s) is not acceptable to you because of some reasons... What to do then?   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 21.01.2013, 18:54    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

But you can do so many things even with limited circumstances, if you want to. At the airport there is of course no way to chance the situation and get on your regular work, but you can always talk to people and get to know your surroundings better, or why not do a few forms when you have the time Smile

I'm sure your parents will understand, too, if you say you are busy at the moment. Can't you say that you will be in contact with them again, once you have time? Or if you still want to talk with them, concentrate on the talk and really listen what they have to say, and you won't feel sorry afterward.

At least this is what I'm working on at the moment Wink   

Fanda

СообщениеДобавлено: 04.04.2013, 10:26    Заголовок сообщения: time Ответить с цитатой

“How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives.” ~Annie Dillard

Time. It is arguably our most valuable commodity.

Unlike treasured gems, precious metals and any other prized possessions, time can’t be hoarded, collected, earned, or bought with hard work, money, dignity or our soul. It slips away whether or not we choose to pack meaning into it. Use it or lose it, so goes the saying.

Though we all know how limited our lives are in the time-space continuum, we sometimes act like we don’t know the value of time. We use words like spend, kill or waste when we speak of how we while away the finite number of hours in each day.

Time management systems abound and still, we flounder and falter at making the most of every sunrise. We plan for the future and neglect to cherish the present. We’d rather look back wistfully even though the future is full of hope.

And yet, for many of us, it seems there are not enough hours in a day. We cram all that goes with living into twenty-four hours of ticking, bargaining with Father Time, naively expecting him to budge to our willful and resolute intentions to produce more, accomplish more, be more.

We paddle in paradox, limbs flailing, trading in the quality of our lives while doggedly pursuing an idealized quality of life.

Time. Like all the treasures in the world, we can’t take it with us when we reach our final stop. Some among us may never be willing to embrace happiness in and with the time that we do have.   
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 04.04.2013, 11:05    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Fanda have you written this? Nice words but the chance to learn what to do with our time is only when you change attitude completely from complaining that is written here. It is only our deeds that stay after us Cool   
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Personal growth Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
На страницу 1, 2, 3, 4  След.
Страница 1 из 4

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.