Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

The "magic" of bon sao

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun Practice
The "magic" of bon sao
Автор Сообщение
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 12.08.2012, 15:16    Заголовок сообщения: The "magic" of bon sao Ответить с цитатой

"The bon sao is superior to other blocks because it can be used as an offensive and defensive technique. In an offensive situation, the bon sao is used to jam the opponent's elbow or to force him off balance. In defensive situations, the bon sao is applied from underneath the opponent's striking arm or leg to destroy his balance. Thus, you can turn a defensive situation into an offensive situation quickly."

http://www.cheungswingchun.com/g/1475/bon-sao---magic-of-the-wing-block.html

This is one of my favorite blocks, however, also one of the harder blocks to perform. Still, this article reminded me that any situation can be viewed as both defensive and offensive. What does it depend on? When do you choose to go on the defensive and when is it pure attacking?

I realized that when I am fully aware of my own action and reaction, it's always proactive reaction - meaning, I know what I am doing and I go towards my goals, defense just happens here and there on my way.   

https://www.facebook.com/TraditionalWingChunOulu   
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 05.10.2012, 00:11    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

The beauty of Wing Chun is that you're doing both - defend yourself and atack at the same time. So it's sometimes the general picture of your "dance" that decides whether you're defending yourself with this block (or some others) or you're atacking. Even minor change of stance may change the result of the action.   
Katherine

СообщениеДобавлено: 09.12.2012, 21:56    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Вeautiful name - block wing! Sometimes I imagine that my hand - it's like a crane's wing.   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 04.07.2013, 10:12    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

If I think of this posturevise, before I can attack I need to be in a position where it is possible. This means I need to be toward the direction I want to be, that is, in the center. It depends of the situation how fast this can be done, or if I am already there. And when I am there, there is no need not to attack.   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 26.07.2014, 11:31    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

To refer the the magic, here is some interesting idea how the trick is done and applied. Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRazd2mZ5fA

I was surprised how simply turning the wrist in the center really made it the block feel lighter.   

Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 26.07.2014, 22:01    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

It is like he said it - you don't start doing Bong Sao from your shoulder, in a way you turn your elbow up from Tan Sao, which gives you momentum to change the direction of incoming punch and because of this momentum you can easier turn your body and move your legs with your hands, this making your block more solid. It's pure physics!

The only thing which I didn't like - he spreads his fingers and believe me it's not a good idea!   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 27.11.2014, 09:13    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Gra-ach писал(а):
The only thing which I didn't like - he spreads his fingers and believe me it's not a good idea!

Depending on the situation, I'd say, but in Wing Chun practice indeed not. Wink

At first I found it hard to do bong sao, because I did not understand why it worked like it did. Every move seem
to need that motivation to start, and the harder it feel, the more motivation I need to compensate it.   

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun Practice Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
Страница 1 из 1

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.