Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

Wing Chun principles: 1. Relax

На страницу Пред.  1, 2, 3  След.
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun Practice
Wing Chun principles: 1. Relax
Автор Сообщение
Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 29.07.2013, 18:20    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Haveunique писал(а):
Nothing is more intolerable than to have to admit to yourself your own errors. (Ludwig van Beethoven) Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

In this case it's best not to cross the other line and to find errors in whatever you do even when there are none!   

Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 30.07.2013, 10:21    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Gra-ach писал(а):
Haveunique писал(а):
Nothing is more intolerable than to have to admit to yourself your own errors. (Ludwig van Beethoven) Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

In this case it's best not to cross the other line and to find errors in whatever you do even when there are none!

A great notion, Irene! Admitting you have made a mistake is not the same as looking for them intentionally. And, it's best not to react toward the mistakes you have made with too much emotions either. Smile   

Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 30.07.2013, 10:50    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

That's true! On the other hand, I don't know about someone else, but for me - I remember emotions better than actual deeds. So if I did something which turned out to be an error, the brighter emotional response I have towards it the better I will remember the error and won't do it next time Very Happy It's especially useful when studying for tests - if I just acknowledge an error in a test answer and think: oh, that's right, I was wrong. I won't remember the correct answer and next time I will probably make the same mistake again.   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 30.07.2013, 20:16    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

True, the emotions do make momeries brighter, or at least easier to remember. Same can be seen in the music that keeps playing in your head: It's usually the very best ones, or the ones you most dislike.

If talking about reading to tests, it usually helps to be in the same athmosphere while you are learning compared to the test situation. For isntance humming a tune while reading may help you remember the facts when you humm it again in or before the test. It's pretty awesome how brain makes these assosiations so easily Smile   

Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 30.07.2013, 23:25    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

The other good thing is when you're relaxed, your mind does all the thinking without your conscious participation in the process. I'm doing sample tests for my driver's license exam and after some time I noticed that when I don't think hard about the question, but just read it, I spot the right answer right-away. And the results are much better when I am relaxed and don't overly analyse everything Smile   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 31.07.2013, 09:43    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I have noticed that once relaxed I am oriented in more natural way, but I have not noticed that it may affect the way I see, too. Thank you Irene, you gave me more to work with! Smile Smile Smile   
Валентина Слободянюк
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 31.07.2013, 16:24    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Procyona писал(а):
I have noticed that once relaxed I am oriented in more natural way, but I have not noticed that it may affect the way I see, too. Thank you Irene, you gave me more to work with! Smile Smile Smile

Hello Milla) Could you please explain what did you imply by "being oriented in more natural way"? thank you for your answer.   

Валентина Слободянюк
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 31.07.2013, 16:30    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Gra-ach писал(а):
That's true! On the other hand, I don't know about someone else, but for me - I remember emotions better than actual deeds. So if I did something which turned out to be an error, the brighter emotional response I have towards it the better I will remember the error and won't do it next time Very Happy

This is very true, and I even know a great method of personal growth though such emotions, that force you not to repeat the same mistake twice...)))   

Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 31.07.2013, 17:34    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Procyona писал(а):

Don't know what exactly you're refering to, but you're welcome Smile

Another example and talking about orientation... I'm really very bad at orienting myself in the space. Meaning I'm not very good at finding locations, even using maps. It's an endless source of amusement for my driving instructor and believe me he never fails to remind me of it.

But if I know where I want to end up being (say by the metro station) and I get distracted from thought like "how am I going to find the right way if I don't have a map or something else" and just walk seemingly aimlessly I will end up where I wanted to go and it will be the shortest route Very Happy It works best when I don't know the vicinity at all, because I don't get distracted by familiar signs. Don't know how it works, but I used this trick several times and it helped me find places I needed to find Cool   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 01.08.2013, 10:47    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Валя писал(а):
Hello Milla) Could you please explain what did you imply by "being oriented in more natural way"? thank you for your answer.

Hi Valentina Smile I mean that I do not worry of past or future, but am aware of here and now. This feels really natural when I do it. It is like you have all the freedom as you were child that had time to play whole day trough Very Happy And I call it orientation, because it drives my attention to matters at hand.   

Последний раз редактировалось: Procyona (01.08.2013, 10:58), всего редактировалось 1 раз
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 01.08.2013, 10:56    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Gra-ach писал(а):
But if I know where I want to end up being (say by the metro station) and I get distracted from thought like "how am I going to find the right way if I don't have a map or something else" and just walk seemingly aimlessly I will end up where I wanted to go and it will be the shortest route Very Happy It works best when I don't know the vicinity at all, because I don't get distracted by familiar signs. Don't know how it works, but I used this trick several times and it helped me find places I needed to find Cool

That is awesome Irene! Very Happy Do you do this with an empty mind, or are you thinking of something while walking? Does is work as well if you drive a car? Thank you!   

Валентина Слободянюк
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 01.08.2013, 11:54    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Procyona писал(а):
I mean that I do not worry of past or future, but am aware of here and now. This feels really natural when I do it. It is like you have all the freedom as you were child that had time to play whole day trough Very Happy And I call it orientation, because it drives my attention to matters at hand.

Thanks, then I'm fully agree that awareness here and now is actually natural for us Wink we just forgot it.   

Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 01.08.2013, 16:40    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Procyona писал(а):
Do you do this with an empty mind, or are you thinking of something while walking?

It works best when I'm distracted by other thoughts. In this case wile I'm thinking of something else (or listening to music) my mind somehow finds the right path Smile

[quote="Procyona"]Does is work as well if you drive a car?/quote]
When I'm driving with the instructor, I don't have a say in the matter of route Wink We drive where he says to drive. And today we almost drove into a trolleybus, because he said to do that Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 03.08.2013, 09:31    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

[quote="Gra-ach"]
Procyona писал(а):
Do you do this with an empty mind, or are you thinking of something while walking?

It works best when I'm distracted by other thoughts. In this case wile I'm thinking of something else (or listening to music) my mind somehow finds the right path Smile

There is so much to learn of human mind and how it works Very Happy   

Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 07.08.2013, 19:57    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

This is true Very Happy My brain and thought process never ceases to amaze me Cool Considering that it's said that humans use only tiny amount of their brain it's really hard to imagine what we could do if we used it more.   
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun Practice Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
На страницу Пред.  1, 2, 3  След.
Страница 2 из 3

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.