Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

simplicity of Wing Chun

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun Practice
simplicity of Wing Chun
Автор Сообщение
Alex

СообщениеДобавлено: 17.04.2010, 13:37    Заголовок сообщения: simplicity of Wing Chun Ответить с цитатой

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2Y9H8VYRIA&feature=related   
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Ehsan

СообщениеДобавлено: 21.04.2010, 12:56    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

YEah!!!! exactly... I joined Wing chun to break walnut easier Wink))

funny compare between wing chun and karate... but it's totally true!   
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение Отправить e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Alex

СообщениеДобавлено: 23.04.2010, 18:18    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

But it's hard work - perform simple Rolling Eyes   
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 23.09.2010, 00:13    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Very interesting video - depicting your opponent as adversary, something that is hostile towards you, and you need to break it in order to eat it... Surprised I am very grateful that we are not learning how to break our partners but to build our own selves instead.   
https://www.facebook.com/TraditionalWingChunOulu   
Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 13.08.2012, 12:30    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

That was funny! I should try it myself Smile

As for the message of the video - I do think that Wing Chun makes things look easy, but not overly so. It lets me deal with what's coming in a more relaxed and adequate way. I can say nothing about karate or any other martial arts styles, but Wing Chun does help distinguish between what's important and what's minor detail and act accordingly.   

Режиссер

СообщениеДобавлено: 06.09.2012, 11:37    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Yes, this is a really good metaphor to how it really works. Wing chun is hard from the first try, though in time you understand how simple and effective it is))   
Валентина Слободянюк
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 08.09.2012, 21:33    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Gra-ach писал(а):
I do think that Wing Chun makes things look easy, but not overly so. It lets me deal with what's coming in a more relaxed and adequate way. I can say nothing about karate or any other martial arts styles, but Wing Chun does help distinguish between what's important and what's minor detail and act accordingly.

About the simplicity of wing chun – it’s like the relaxation principle – we learn to remove the unnecessary (tension, movements), thus the simplicity is the manifestation of the mastery.   

Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 14.09.2012, 21:17    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

True story, Valia! When a master does his thing, it looks effortless... and we don't know until we try to do the same. This is one of the reasons that it's impossible to gain practical experience from watching videos and tutorials without trying it.   
Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 15.09.2012, 19:04    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Too true Sad

But we can learn fom videos if we repeat what the presenter does after him Smile   

Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 15.09.2012, 21:36    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Hmmm, could be... I recall repeating the first form before I came to the Academy. Too bad I could not ask any questions so where the guy moved too fast, I simply could not repeat anything. Let alone understanding the movements Smile   
Валентина Слободянюк
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 16.09.2012, 00:46    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Still on video you don't see all important details - for ex. in Sil Lim Tao you can't see that it's an albaw wich comes first in all movements.   
Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 16.09.2012, 11:04    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Well, if it's a training video and it's done by a professional then there's usually explanation of what's going on.

But if we're talking about random "for fun" videos then yes, why would people bother to comment what they're doing.

On the bright side, whatever the purpose of the video, if the acting is proper you can use it like a reminder and example when you don't remember the sequence of movements but you remember the things on which you shopuld concentrate.

For example, when I came to the First Form seminar I didn't remember the whole form, I remembered the blocks, the punches but not in what sequence they should be performed. So during the seminar I learnt (or tried to) how to do things and later using video I learnt when to do them. And it was very useful!   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 17.03.2013, 20:05    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

This video outlines also another side of Wing Chun, at least in my point of view: It gives you tools you would not dream to use in the way they work in practise. For me, breathing and relaxing were things I never would have considered as any usefullness in achieveng my goals. If not for Wing Chun, I propably would have never even tried them.   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 15.11.2013, 16:25    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

It is nice how practicing Wing Chun works with just simple and scientific bases.

I realised this just recenty, when I learned that your senses, was it visual, olfactory or audial, only detect small amount of information that surrounds us. That means that our brain fills up the rest - and we actually sense thing we want to or are used to! Wing Chun breaks appart these learned habits, bit by bit while we work. To me, this is simply beautiful a finding!   

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun Practice Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
Страница 1 из 1

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.