Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

Why did you choose Wing Chun?

На страницу Пред.  1, 2, 3  След.
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun Practice
Why did you choose Wing Chun?
Автор Сообщение
Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 01.12.2011, 18:08    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Иван писал(а):
In my opinion, the martial arts style we choose deals with puprose that we want to achieve with trainings. If we want to kich other asses - we will choose more rude training direction, and if we want to improve personal abilities and increase life efficiency - we will choose some trainings that are more softer and more faster.

Yes, I agree with you. And being able to kick someone else's ass has never been my goal.

Haveunique писал(а):
Ira, when did this all happen? Is this recent? )) Are your kidneys alright now?

Oh, it was right after I came to Academy for the first time, so it was a month and a half ago or something. Coming to think of it, I fell ill right after that training and stayed at home for a week... because I cought cold Wink But maybe those punches in the nose did nothing to improve my immune system. As for the kidneys, I hope so Smile

BTW, it was not Wing Chun.   

Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Leksey

СообщениеДобавлено: 14.12.2012, 03:19    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I had a goal in life - to study one of the martial arts and I chose Wing Chun, because I think this style of kung fu efficiency and very beautiful. Also my choice greatly influenced film 'Yip Man' with Donnie Yen in the lead.   
Артем Лысенко
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 14.12.2012, 15:30    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I chose between different styles of martial arts. I one week i had visited several schools with different styles. The traditional wing chun kung fu academt was the last in the list. And it was most escited of them all. From the first steps into the training hall i heard my heart speaking thats the place i wish to train in   
Fanda

СообщениеДобавлено: 15.02.2013, 13:44    Заголовок сообщения: why? Ответить с цитатой

Honestly because of that.....

- I am on Erasmus in Finland and this lessons are in english
- It was possibility to try something new for me
- I wanted to learn matrial art
- I wanted to know how to protect myself
- I saw Ip-man before

-There are many of martial arts but not all of them are taking care that much about psychical page of persons as a wing chun kung-fu

note: I am not member of wing chun academy long time, just 4 months   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 15.02.2013, 22:36    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Gra-ach писал(а):
And he kept saying that we should do the finish off with fierce and pleasure! Next thing, we had to actually kick one another. I mean not like here we kick for the other to block, but really kick a person when he's not resisting. In the aftermath, I had several bruises where the kidneys are located and my head throbbed because he was telling us where to kick on the head to kill the person. To top it all, those trainings were held only once a week. So it was crystal clear to me that it was NOT what I was looking for.

Wow, that sound really fearce, not exactly what we train in Wing Chun D:
I guess they might have needed that week to recover from the last training..

For me it was a friend who asked me to try out this 'new martial arts style' with her. I had tried one martial art style before, but dropped out after half a year, but I was pretty exited to try something new. The new style turned out to be Wing Chun Kung Fu. After view months my friend dropped, but I continued with growing understanding that Wing Chun offers me a tool I can work on myself with, and on that journey I am still.   

Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 18.02.2013, 13:34    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Procyona писал(а):
Wow, that sound really fearce, not exactly what we train in Wing Chun Very Happy

True, that's why I'm here Smile

Procyona писал(а):
I guess they might have needed that week to recover from the last training..

Very well may be!   

Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 05.10.2013, 22:50    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Иван писал(а):
In my opinion, the martial arts style we choose deals with puprose that we want to achieve with trainings. If we want to kich other asses - we will choose more rude training direction, and if we want to improve personal abilities and increase life efficiency - we will choose some trainings that are more softer and more faster.

I totally agree with you, Ivan! Teachers always are there when students come looking for them. And that thing we seek for, it lead us in our search. I chose Wing Chun because I was curious in the first place, but also wanted to kick some ass at first... until I realized it was not my real reason.   

https://www.facebook.com/TraditionalWingChunOulu   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 06.10.2013, 17:39    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Haveunique"][quote="Иван писал(а):

I totally agree with you, Ivan! Teachers always are there when students come looking for them. And that thing we seek for, it lead us in our search. I chose Wing Chun because I was curious in the first place, but also wanted to kick some ass at first... until I realized it was not my real reason.[/quote]

Yes, the reasons may indeed be in dicquise and look something from what they actually are. But they will also change, deepen and sometimes even reform to new levels Smile   

Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 10.10.2013, 12:48    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I agree with you. At first it may be a bundle of reasons to chose Wing Chun, but with practice, with getting to know the art better new reasons arise and old ones may be viewed in a new light. And this is good - it means we're progressing and not standing on the same place.   
Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 04.11.2013, 12:26    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Robert Downey Jr.’s story how he came to Wing Chun from Men's Journal. Or you can read it without pictures here: http://www.mensjournal.com/magazine/robert-downey-jr-s-cosmic-punishment-20121017   
Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 04.11.2013, 12:28    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

And the end of the article   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 04.11.2013, 18:24    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Thank you Irene, very nice article. Smile   
Faroth

СообщениеДобавлено: 02.04.2015, 09:49    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I have had this itch for martial arts for quite some time, but never really got into anything really. 4 months ago I saw this post on Facebook where one practitioner were looking for training partner and that got to me. I googled some more information about Wing Chun and only couple of hours later I was already messaging to this practitioner.

Here I am, still training and I see no reason to stop. As a matter fact, there are more reasons to continue training than there was in the beginning.   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 06.04.2015, 13:45    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Thank you Ville-Pekka, it is nice to have you here Cool

Do you know what was the itch you had before starting the practice? Was it fulfilled? Thank you!   

Faroth

СообщениеДобавлено: 06.04.2015, 16:54    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Thank you Milla, it's great to be here. Cool

Probably the same itch I have had since I was kid. I did watch lots of martial arts movies back then, and I think the feeling I got from those kinda stayed with me all this time.

I don't think it's fulfilled or is that even possible. Time will tell.   

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun Practice Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
На страницу Пред.  1, 2, 3  След.
Страница 2 из 3

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.