Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

Why did you choose Wing Chun?

На страницу 1, 2, 3  След.
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun Practice
Why did you choose Wing Chun?
Автор Сообщение
Simo

СообщениеДобавлено: 31.03.2010, 14:08    Заголовок сообщения: Why did you choose Wing Chun? Ответить с цитатой

Dear friends, why did you choose Wing Chun?

What do you feel Wing Chun is offering you that you couldn't find elsewhere?

Feel free to answer. I look forward to hearing back Smile   

Ehsan

СообщениеДобавлено: 11.04.2010, 14:40    Заголовок сообщения: very cool discussion... Ответить с цитатой

Wow, this is a very cool discussion...

Actually I did a lot of research about marial arts and I found Kung Fu specially Wing chun the best one.

Usually Kickboxers or Thai boxers only have a 3-5 year career in the ring and that's all but people who practise Kung Fu specially Wing chun has more resistance and power.

I've never seen a 80-90 years old kick boxer or thai boxer...but I've seen a 86 years old Wing chun fighter.

I think Kung Fu - Wing chun is much useful for our life and health than other martial arts.   
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение Отправить e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Валентина Слободянюк
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 12.04.2010, 23:39    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I choose Wing Chun not just because of its good influence on my health or on my figure, but also because of the obvious mental and spiritual progress, which I feel in my life even outside our gym Smile . We all want to live long life, but what more important is - it’s content, the meaning of life. What do you think about your meaning of life, Ehsan? Did you already found it?   
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение Отправить e-mail
Sometimes

СообщениеДобавлено: 30.11.2010, 22:19    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I agree with Valya. I believe that Wing Chun could become the way to discover not only possibilities of your body but the way to learn and improve your mind, yourself as a person. And maybe once we know ourselves we would understand our destination)))   
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 30.11.2010, 23:22    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I find this martial art outstanding because, first of all, it does not require any special physical or mental preparation to start doing it. This means anyone who wants can do Wing Chun Kung Fu. Secondly, the philosophy it is built on resonates with me. I like the idea of living my life without fighting someone or the obstacles but rather seeing everything around me as opportunities for growth and development. And thirdly, being always adequate, relaxed and in a good physical condition, always moving forward - what can be better? Wink   
https://www.facebook.com/TraditionalWingChunOulu   

Последний раз редактировалось: Haveunique (02.12.2010, 12:44), всего редактировалось 1 раз
Андрей

СообщениеДобавлено: 01.12.2010, 18:09    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

My opinion is —

Wing chun focuses and clears mind. It's like a combination of good maths, meditation and say good coordination practice. In a way, that's somewhat more efficient than doing those things separately. )

And it is a good kung-fu practice which unites people with similar goals in developing fear-resistance, proactvity and some fighting skills.   

Сифу Юрий Марченко
Sihing

СообщениеДобавлено: 20.03.2011, 00:36    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Traditional Wing chun is coctail of respect, love for life, clear and open mind, looking for new opportunities. We can always see what we want to see, that is what is Wing chun for me.   
LEE ROMA

СообщениеДобавлено: 07.05.2011, 04:07    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

there is always this question WHY WHY WHY, chosed, coz probably chosen   
LEE ROMA

СообщениеДобавлено: 07.05.2011, 04:08    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

in real, everyone choses what he intend to be chosen by   
Сифу Юрий Марченко
Sihing

СообщениеДобавлено: 10.05.2011, 21:44    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

May be first we chose and then we can be chosen.   
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 10.05.2011, 21:47    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

If we believe in predestination, we can choose only as much =) I like the notion of coming to the things, places and people who already are there for us, and we just meet with them when our time comes. So far I've no other expplanation of where our desires to do things are coming from =)   
Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 01.12.2011, 15:22    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Getting back to the initial question I'd say that my decision to attend martial classes in Wing Chun in particular wasn't something I spent a lot of time thinking over.

At first I just thought that probably it would be a good idea to take up some kind of sport, preferably not very taxing. Than I thought of my childhood dream to learn martial arts. Since I had no idea what are the differences between various styles I asked a friend (he knows a thing or two) what he can tell me on the subject.

While he was thinking what to answer, I found a funny test in the Internet on how to choose the right style of martial arts. And I ended up with Kung Fu. So when my friend said I should try Wing Chun because it's main idea is not to fight strength with strength but to use evasive manoeuvres instead and according to a legend it was created by a woman, I thought that it's what I'd been searching for. Besides, I really like Ip Man movies and when I learnt that he practiced Wing Chun - it was an additional plus.

After I attended first class I felt that it is what I've been looking for - graceful movements, nobody beats another till the blood splashes and so on.

When people understood that I was actually serious about doing this, some proposed to try other styles. One of them succeedded and I went to another training. And it was direct opposite of what I saw here. Firstly, the training was held in some kind of appartment converted into small gym with one "changing room" for both girls and boys and no toilet and shower whatsoever. Secondly, the master was starting all his movement with a kick where it counts (guys, you know what I mean, right? Smile ) and than there were a lot of different ways to finish off the fallen adversary. And he kept saying that we should do the finish off with fierce and pleasure! Next thing, we had to actually kick one another. I mean not like here we kick for the other to block, but really kick a person when he's not resisting. In the aftermath, I had several bruises where the kidneys are located and my head throbbed because he was telling us where to kick on the head to kill the person. To top it all, those trainings were held only once a week. So it was crystal clear to me that it was NOT what I was looking for.   

Иван

СообщениеДобавлено: 01.12.2011, 15:45    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

In my opinion, the martial arts style we choose deals with puprose that we want to achieve with trainings. If we want to kich other asses - we will choose more rude training direction, and if we want to improve personal abilities and increase life efficiency - we will choose some trainings that are more softer and more faster.   
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение Отправить e-mail
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 01.12.2011, 15:46    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Ira, when did this all happen? Is this recent? )) Are your kidneys alright now?   
Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 01.12.2011, 18:08    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Иван писал(а):
In my opinion, the martial arts style we choose deals with puprose that we want to achieve with trainings. If we want to kich other asses - we will choose more rude training direction, and if we want to improve personal abilities and increase life efficiency - we will choose some trainings that are more softer and more faster.

Yes, I agree with you. And being able to kick someone else's ass has never been my goal.

Haveunique писал(а):
Ira, when did this all happen? Is this recent? )) Are your kidneys alright now?

Oh, it was right after I came to Academy for the first time, so it was a month and a half ago or something. Coming to think of it, I fell ill right after that training and stayed at home for a week... because I cought cold Wink But maybe those punches in the nose did nothing to improve my immune system. A for the kidneys, I hope so Smile   

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun Practice Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
На страницу 1, 2, 3  След.
Страница 1 из 3

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.