Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

Traditional Wing Chun Wedding

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun community
Traditional Wing Chun Wedding
Автор Сообщение
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 14.11.2015, 16:14    Заголовок сообщения: Traditional Wing Chun Wedding Ответить с цитатой

Hi all in the forum,

Ville-Pekka (Faroth) and I are getting married next summer and decided to have Traditional Wing Chun theme in your wedding.

I would love to hear if you have some hints and ideas on how to make Wing Chun visible there.

For now we have decided the color theme to be white, black and red (like in the sign of the school) and to give a presentation of Wing Chun (Siu Lim Tao and a couple of drills) during the feast. But everything else is quite undecided.

Any new ideas would make your day extra special! Thank you very much in advance! Smile Smile Smile   

Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
vmashchenko

СообщениеДобавлено: 17.11.2015, 01:16    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Hi!

Interesting idea.

What is the town where you plan your wedding?
And what is your goal for adding WingChun elements there? Smile   

Сифу Юрий Марченко
Sihing

СообщениеДобавлено: 17.11.2015, 17:11    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Dear Procyona, don't tell Vlad ( vmashchenko ) the city name, you risk he will come for wedding without invitation Very Happy ( joke).   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 18.11.2015, 16:45    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Very Happy Thank you guys! And thank you for the hint, Sihing. Very Happy

We'll have the wedding in our home town in Finland, a city called Kuusamo.
If you want to travel that far, you are quite welcome to come. Very Happy

Because we met doing Wing Chun, it is cool to share stuff we do together for the wedding guests. It is also for them to know what Wing Chun looks like and maybe share ideas of a path for your own destiny.   

Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 23.11.2015, 23:47    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Congratulations on the upcoming nuptials!

You may have some WC symbols embroidered onto your dress or his tie (or whatever you guys decide to wear). Maybe you could actually decide to wear traditional Chinese cloths.

Are you planning a "big" wedding with guests and big feast? Or smaller affair with only close friends and family?   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 26.11.2015, 12:52    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Gra-ach писал(а):
Congratulations on the upcoming nuptials!

You may have some WC symbols embroidered onto your dress or his tie (or whatever you guys decide to wear). Maybe you could actually decide to wear traditional Chinese cloths.

Are you planning a "big" wedding with guests and big feast? Or smaller affair with only close friends and family?

Thank you, Irene! It's a fun event to plan. Smile

I like the idea with the symbol. It should be easier to make than the whole dresses, too. I have the dress picked already. Very Happy

We are inviting just close friends and relatives, spending more on good food and the atmosphere. Smile   

Faroth

СообщениеДобавлено: 28.11.2015, 15:56    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Thank you everyone!

As Milla said it's a really fun event to plan and when we start this early there shouldn't be too much of a hurry.

The symbol idea sounds cool. Where could we get those or are them something we can do ourselfs?   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 28.11.2015, 16:33    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Faroth писал(а):
As Milla said it's a really fun event to plan and when we start this early there shouldn't be too much of a hurry.

I do like the idea of coming to the ceremony in Wing Chun stances. Very Happy

Faroth писал(а):
The symbol idea sounds cool. Where could we get those or are them something we can do ourselfs?

Embroidering is very detailed work and is best done with a machinery, I think. There are some companies near us that sell those works, but I don't know if they do just one or two. And because they have to make a new 'mold' for a pattern, it costs extra.

But it's something we can definitely think about. Smile   

Художник

СообщениеДобавлено: 28.11.2015, 18:41    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Congragulations, people!
Its realy great that you find each others during wing chun trainigs!
I think you should NOT perform a drills on a wedding party.
Use principles, tell people how they help you in your releshionships, in everyday life. Perform application of principles in a different way but drills. Small theatric sceen or a play.
Whatever you choose, dont forget to send us a video Smile   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 30.11.2015, 22:00    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Thank you, Художник. It sure is great to have met and to train together. Smile

Thank you for your suggestion as well. I like the idea of a small play. Maybe we can even give people a list of wing chun principles, and they can guess which principle we use in which scene. Very Happy I am sure we can film it for you!

Another way to show principles would be to gather quotes that go with them, and give them away with wedding candy (a tradition in Finland).   

Художник

СообщениеДобавлено: 01.12.2015, 02:51    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

You're welcome) and have fun Smile
Will be waiting for a video Wink   

Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 02.12.2015, 20:03    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Procyona писал(а):
Another way to show principles would be to gather quotes that go with them, and give them away with wedding candy (a tradition in Finland).

Nice tradition, I like it.
And we are waiting for the video with highlights form your ceremony Cool   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 02.12.2015, 21:25    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

This is very nice people. Thank you so much!

I cannot guarantee you a certain kind of video, but I will see to that we have something to share for you. Smile

Irene, if you are interested in Finnish wedding traditions, there are a bunch of them. Quite popular are the kidnapping the bride and tossing away bride's items for the unmarried to catch. (Who gets the item is going to get married next summer.) Also, there is the wedding waltz and the married couple's competition of speed when cutting the wedding cake. Every nation has their own, I think.

What kind of traditions do you have in Ukraine by the way? Maybe we can get inspired and make a mix if we like some.   

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun community Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
Страница 1 из 1

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.