Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

Making commitments

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Personal growth
Making commitments
Автор Сообщение
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 07.09.2015, 20:32    Заголовок сообщения: Making commitments Ответить с цитатой

Hi all!

What does commitment mean to you, and how does it affect your actions? Thank you!

For me, commitment means I take steps toward it every day until I reach the goal. This is what I teach myself at the moment, and it makes me feel confident that I will eventually reach my goals.

But, I need to only have a few long term goals at the time, because for too many I cannot give time daily. Very Happy I noticed that I can decently keep up with from 3 to 5 goals at one time.   

Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
vmashchenko

СообщениеДобавлено: 08.09.2015, 08:02    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Hi Procyona!

Commitment for me it's a decision that I made and cannot be changed.

Actually we do not do lot of commitment in our life, but each of it changes our life.   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 10.09.2015, 17:35    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

vmashchenko писал(а):
Commitment for me it's a decision that I made and cannot be changed.

Actually we do not do lot of commitment in our life, but each of it changes our life.

I think commitments can change a life, too. For me, making commitments makes things happen and I have taken responsibility of my life. But making too many commitments distracts me more than guides. Very Happy   

Faroth

СообщениеДобавлено: 15.09.2015, 13:41    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Hi all and thank you Milla for the topic.

I think most of commitments we make are changing our lifes the way we want it to be changed. Sometimes it also changes the lifes of people around us.

I think the most commitments doesn't necessarily have a goal in the end. Okay, In example I can be committed to study and get good papers. That's a clear goal but I think the more meaning commitment for me is improvement in construction work safety. There's no clear goal at latter, but it's something I'm willing to improve when I step in site managers shoes.

It's also true that if we distract ourselfes with too many commitments the power tends to flow all around us.   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 15.09.2015, 19:31    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Interesting that you think you only have a goal for good papers, Ville-Pekka. Cool

IMHO, the greater the goal, the more it boosts you to go for it. The goal does not necessarily have to be that specific, maybe you do not yet know what you want to do with it exactly. For me, reaching a goal is driven by a feeling: what it means to me to reach it and what can I do with it.   

vmashchenko

СообщениеДобавлено: 18.09.2015, 11:28    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Commitment can be done for actions only. that is what depends on you. Goals do not depend on you, they just come from actions you do.

bout clear goals. I think you need o know clearly what do you want. As you know exactly that you can commit for correct actions that will bring you your goal.   

Faroth

СообщениеДобавлено: 21.09.2015, 20:22    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Come to think of it again with new eyes, my goal in construction work safety is pretty clear after all. Very Happy

Everytime when there's improvement in work methods that goal is reached and the big goal is zero injuries in my construction sites.   

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Personal growth Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
Страница 1 из 1

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.